Kyle Kuzma Could Be 2017 NBA Draft's Best Player, Does He Attract LeBron?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Kyle Kuzma Could Be 2017 NBA Draft's Best Player, Does He Attract LeBron?

Hey all,

Latest at @BleacherReport Kyle Kuzma Could Be 2017 NBA Draft's Best Player, LeBron James Bargaining Chip - is Kuzma the reason why a star like LBJ decides to join the Lakers?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755677-kyle-kuzma-could-be-2017-nba-drafts-best-player-lebron-james-bargaining-chip

Also in-depth look at OKC and what that might mean for LAL, via Hollywood Hoops:

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep 68: If the Lakers Had a Shot at Paul George in Trade, What It Might Look Like? w/@JoshMartinNBA presented by @HighfiveHQ https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-68-if-the-lakers-had-a-shot-at-paul-george-in-trade-what-it-might-look-like/

Cheers,

Eric
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Thanks emplay...

I think you just excited a lot of Laker fans with the LeBron speculation.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the article

Given how OKC is trending upward, trading for PG13 would seem to be a big stretch at this time.

If LBJ is only staying for one season, how would this benefit the Lakers for the long term?

Who would be the other FA that would come in with LBG - if Boogie and PG 13 are not available?

Lakers need a legitimate "Big" that is a rim protector and a bonafide threat in the paint - whether LBJ comes or not. With Boogie seemingly trending upward at NO and with their MAX Contract offer having been extended - Lakers might have to look elsewhere. Could their answer be Zubac and/or Bryant - if they are close to being ready?
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

It’s crazy to think that the Lakers may have possibly gotten the two best players in this draft. Has a single team ever done that before??
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma has been impressive. Love everything about that guy. He and Ingram work well together and hopefully will continue to get better
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Interesting deal:

Lakers get: PG13, Patterson, and Singler

Thunder get either: Clarkson, Brewer, Zubac, Nance, Ennis or

Clarkson, Randle, Brewer, Zubac

Difference for the Thunder in that scenario, assuming they re-sign Randle at $10 million with repeater tax is about $175 million next year. If they take the Nance/Ennis instead of Randle their payroll next year looks like $150 million a year.

The scenario off-season is the Lakers stretch Deng, Patterson, Singler, PG13 resigned at $29 million. Lakers roster is Ball, BI, PG, Kuzma, Hart, Bryant - with $35 million in cap space - able to also sign Lebron.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

No to LeBron! Please let that balding unclutch team destroyer stay in Cleveland. Him and Dan Gilbert deserve each other.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Eric!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

I don't think any trades are coming..

And I don't think Cousins or PG13 are coming here (based on the fact that they are already on BETTER teams that can pay them more money)...

So that leaves LeBron, hmm, very hard to judge this guy, but when you look at how the Kyrie trade went down, the missed trades, the continuing "Love" saga, the GM firing, the accusations, the instability of the Owner, and all the other drama swirling around the Cav's - I can totally see that he would want a fresh start and the Lakers have to look like a fun landing site to him.

LeBron was my third choice behind George and Boogie, but he would upgrade this team into at least a Top-4 in the West, so I would take him, even if it was for only the last 3-4 years of his career!
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Latest @hollywood_hoops Laid Back Reaction w/@JoshMartinNBA DeMarcus Cousins Injury Shifts NBA Landscape both w/All-Star Game & free agency, esp. in regards to the LA Lakers, presented and recorded by @HighfiveHQ

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Does the DMC injury increase the chance of LA keeping Randle and Clarkson or is the plan still the same ?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Eh, you may be spending too much time inside the Lakers bubble, Eric. Kuzma is a good player, but not that good. He is getting way overhyped inside the bubble. Coming from fans, that's cool. Fans are entitled to be non-objective. Coming from a writer, it makes me raise my eyebrows.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh, you may be spending too much time inside the Lakers bubble, Eric. Kuzma is a good player, but not that good. He is getting way overhyped inside the bubble. Coming from fans, that's cool. Fans are entitled to be non-objective. Coming from a writer, it makes me raise my eyebrows.

What made me roll my eyes was the line "Over his last two games, Kuzma has shot a blistering 66.7 percent from the field. " In the three games before and the one after he shot about 34%.

No offense, but a lot of emplay's stuff is on the level of a LG fan post. This kind of article does not exactly take the torch from David Halberstam.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Unlikely that he is better than Lonzo, now or in the future.

He has a lot of potential though. He has a scorers mentality. Looks like he could become a good playmaker. Has tools to be a good defender. But right now his scoring is way ahead of the other areas of his game. He's not a good rebounder or defender, though he's had some spurts of playing well in both. We'll see how he progresses over the next few years. Offensively though he's been really impressive.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
It’s crazy to think that the Lakers may have possibly gotten the two best players in this draft. Has a single team ever done that before??

Obviously, we're a long way, and many years, from knowing how good our picks will be, but to answer your question, yes it's happened:

1. The 73 76ers, in a weak draft class, probably drafted the top 3 guys -- George McGinness, Doug Collins, and Caldwell Jones.

2. The 61 Chicago Packers probably got the two best guys in Walt Bellamy and Bill Bridges

3. The 69 Bucks got Kareem and Bob Dandridge (who is arguably the second best though some would say Jojo White).

4. The 86 Cavs come close, getting Daughtery and Price (who were probably the #2 and #3 guys after Rodman).

And there have been an oddly large number of guys who were drafted 1-2 in a class, and were the two best players, and later became important teammates on championship teams (Elvin Hayes/Wes Unseld; Walt Frazier/Earl Monroe).
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm confused on this, I recently heard PG saying he wanted to keep playing with Westbrook.

You are saying that OKC is actually unable to resign PG? They don't have the money and can't win with those three guys anyway??
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:

That is pretty crazy, pure loco.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:

Every rookie with a working shoulder has been out playing Lonzo. Not EVERY one but you get the picture.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I think the combination of him and Lonzo (maybe Hart and Nance if you dig deeper) is enough to make this an attractive destination. That assumes he would bring another top 15 player with him which essentially constitutes an all new team, of course.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

With the Cavs starting to fall apart in the East with no immediate quick fix in sight, Lebron will probably leave the team.
This means the Lakers have a chance to get him.
The whole key may be how the Lakers performs the rest of the season. If the Lakers goes .500 there is a chance that both PG and Lebron comes to the Lakers.
A lot also will have to do with who has the salary cap to make max offers.
All the Lakers have to do is to perform.
Of course you don't want to gut the team to get salary room or just might end up like the Cavs.
Want to be like GSW, Celtics, Timberwolves, or Spurs and keep assets in the process.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

PG.Ball
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Lebron
C.Randle

that would be my dream team .. good luck catching those guys on the break
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
With the Cavs starting to fall apart in the East with no immediate quick fix in sight, Lebron will probably leave the team.
This means the Lakers have a chance to get him.
The whole key may be how the Lakers performs the rest of the season. If the Lakers goes .500 there is a chance that both PG and Lebron comes to the Lakers.
A lot also will have to do with who has the salary cap to make max offers.
All the Lakers have to do is to perform.
Of course you don't want to gut the team to get salary room or just might end up like the Cavs.
Want to be like GSW, Celtics, Timberwolves, or Spurs and keep assets in the process.

I honestly think the record part is severely overrated. It's a totally different team if he joins and brings George with me, just like it was a totally different team when KG and Allen went to Boston (2nd worst record in the league before), or Lebron and Bosh to Miami. Several players will have to be jettisoned just to make the contracts work so the team's prior performance is even more irrelevant. What matters is certain young players showing promise. I personally think Lonzo and Kuzma are #1 and #2 on that list.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

The answer is no.

Why, because the team isn’t ready for his short term plans. Two, because paying 13.3% of his $80 million income to the state of California without the benefit of a Federal deduction will cost him $10 million a year. The price for living in our progressive utopia isn’t worth that.
You’ll see this more and more in all sports. With a short window to earn a lot of money, why throw away millions for a bit of sunshine.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I honestly think the record part is severely overrated. It's a totally different team if he joins and brings George with me, just like it was a totally different team when KG and Allen went to Boston (2nd worst record in the league before), or Lebron and Bosh to Miami. Several players will have to be jettisoned just to make the contracts work so the team's prior performance is even more irrelevant. What matters is certain young players showing promise. I personally think Lonzo and Kuzma are #1 and #2 on that list.

Nice to hear you're suiting up next year, but dont forget about us at LG
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

"out performed Harry Giles" Giles didn't play and debuts in summer league. They say he looks great.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: