OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Brook Lopez is a career 50 percent shooter . I can't understand how it had dipped so drastically.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

I mean I suppose it sucks for him, but realistically speaking I'm sure he had to know this was a one year gig. Lopez is a good player and isn't the worst fit for us due to his range...even I feel that's been a little up and down.

He'd thrive more in an offense like the pelicans, or the grizz....really any offense where the big is the focal point or a major focal point.

Lakers seem to be all about defense, boards and getting into transition as quickly as possible and attacking....doesn't exactly fit to his game even though it's workable.

He's another player I could see being moved, because he's still good and for a team that plays that kind of system he'll be really good
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

He's slow, unathletic, is one of the worst rebounding centers in the history of the NBA and as far as I can tell just wants to launch 3 pointers at will, and makes less than 1/3rd of them.

His brother was running circles around him when they played the Bulls.

Of course, he's probably a decent low post player and could give us some scoring but 1. Luke doesn't run any plays for him and 2. you need some shooting around a post player, not the lakers version of the clank brothers.
123Cancun
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Lopez is by far the most accomplished player on the team and should be playing a much larger role than he has to this point. Walton needs to figure out how to get him more involved - have to use him a lot more on the low block and less as a spot up shooter. His confidence seems down. Hopefully having Zo back eventually will help him out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Are people done disagreeing with the fact that Luke has no clue how to utilize Lopez?

Sort of.
Are we not optimizing Brook?
Yep.
Do we want to? Since he's not a big part of the plans and post ups aren't what we want to run?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Brook Lopez is a career 50 percent shooter . I can't understand how it had dipped so drastically.

I can.... HE KEEPS LAUNCHING 3 POINTERS
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

He needs to stay in the post. Why does coaching staff plant him at the 3 pt line? it negates his only strength which is his size and exposes his weakness in transition D when he misses his 3's. Stagger his minutes with Randle if you have to.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Are people done disagreeing with the fact that Luke has no clue how to utilize Lopez?

Yes, most of the game on the bench is the best way to utilize him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

20 million dollar player brehs

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Waste of space. Waste of money. Oh he's sad? Poor guy is only making 22 mil.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I really do not understand what Brook wants. He is awful this season and these minutes he is playing its event too much. He need to be happy to be on the floor at all. His place is with Deng eating burgers somewhere.
Cant wait to see him gone. 22 mil of cap space. I like it.

He's not that bad lol

LAL doesn't use him properly and this is the perception by the fans. Oof.

It'll be hilarious when Boogie Cousins does similar things if he becomes a Laker too. Totally predictable.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Hard to utilize a player that does nothing well. He is awful.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Luke is not utilizing him well but what excuse do you have for him bricking every single wide open shot he takes?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

So you want the team playing 3 out & 2 in? Both Randle and Nance are horrible compliments to his post game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

So you want the team playing 3 out & 2 in? Both Randle and Nance are horrible compliments to his post game.

I want the team utilizing Lopez the way the Nets did when they were running the Number 1 pace in the NBA.

People need to stop acting like just because we run fast we can't utilize Lopez in the post more. that's a bull[expletive] excuse that holds no weight, particularly when we have the evidence of how Lopez was utilized last year on the Number 1 pace team in the NBA.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

I want the team utilizing Lopez the way the Nets did when they were running the Number 1 pace in the NBA.

People need to stop acting like just because we run fast we can't utilize Lopez in the post more. that's a bull[expletive] excuse that holds no weight, particularly when we have the evidence of how Lopez was utilized last year on the Number 1 pace team in the NBA.

Except it wasn't an excuse I made. I asked about the two brick layers at the 4 who provide no spacing in the half court.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Except it wasn't an excuse I made. I asked about the two brick layers at the 4 who provide no spacing in the half court.

I'm speaking about in general.

To act like there isn't a better way to utilize Lopez in our offense is silly. The reality is, Luke just doesn't know how.

Yeah going inside out with Lopez more often or using him as a focal point in the offense (given he'd be one of the few go-to scorers on the team in that position) would mean people like Ingram would iso less and play off ball more... heaven forbid THAT....

There's no excuse for Luke trying to play Lopez like he's Ryan Anderson instead of like he's Brook Lopez.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

For those that want Brook to post up more:

Brook Lopez post up %ile

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

To act like there isn't a better way to utilize Lopez in our offense is silly. The reality is, Luke just doesn't know how.

Yeah going inside out with Lopez more often or using him as a focal point in the offense (given he'd be one of the few go-to scorers on the team in that position) would mean people like Ingram would iso less and play off ball more... heaven forbid THAT....

There's no excuse for Luke trying to play Lopez like he's Ryan Anderson instead of like he's Brook Lopez.

Brook Lopez post up %ile

It's not that he needs to play in the post. He just needs to operate 16' and in.

0'-3' 71%FG
3'-10' 45%FG
10'-16' 41%FG

Easily average to elite.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Brook Lopez post up %ile

It's not that he needs to play in the post. He just needs to operate 16' and in.

0'-3' 71%FG
3'-10' 45%FG
10'-16' 41%FG

Easily average to elite.

Some here seem to think he needs to play the post.
55% of his shots are within 16ft. (1.07PPP)
42% are 3s. (0.94PPP)
Since he's shooting a crappy 31% from 3, one would agree he should take more shots from closer to the bucket. So now we need to talk about what playtype you want run for him.

Because it sure aint posting up.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Don't forget about bricklayers at the 3 (Ingram) and 1 (Ennis, Lonzo) as well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So now we need to talk about what playtype you want run for him.

I don't have his Synergy data. But, it wouldn't hurt to see him in Horns sets. He's capable from midrange as well.

I get that he's in the 41 percentile for post, but I'm guessing, that's also a career low, because he rarely gets those touches, rarely gets into offensive rhythm, and when he actually does (like Chicago), he doesn't even finish games.

Dude is still a 20ppg per 36. Jordan Clarkson's hot shooting won't last forever.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

I don't have his Synergy data. But, it wouldn't hurt to see him in Horns sets. He's capable from midrange as well.

I get that he's in the 41 percentile for post, but I'm guessing, that's also a career low, because he rarely gets those touches, rarely gets into offensive rhythm, and when he actually does (like Chicago), he doesn't even finish games.

Dude is still a 20ppg per 36. Jordan Clarkson's hot shooting won't last forever.

Yep. Not sure about career low, but worse of the last 3 years.
He's 70+ %ile the last 2 years prior.
I'd like to know if his post up % changes when he's playing with Larry vs Julius vs Kuzma.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Yep.
He's 70+ %ile the last 2 years.
I'd like to know if his post up % changes when he's playing with Larry vs Julius vs Kuzma.

I mean, that pretty much says it all.

I'm all for Lopez shooting 3s, but not 40% of his total field goal attempts from there. Defenses win because that's the 3rd best thing he does.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Yep.
He's 70+ %ile the last 2 years.

I mean, that pretty much says it all.

I'm all for Lopez shooting 3s, but not 40% of his total field goal attempts from there. Defenses win because that's the 3rd best thing he does.

That makes sense when we compartmentalize the single player.
Still not sure about the post up though.
Lakers are middle of the pack in running that playtype.
Julius actually gets a similar number of post ups a game and he's in the 62%ile.

Brooklyn now rarely runs post ups while they were top 5 the last 2 years. And I dont think it helped them win the last 2 years. I guess the argument can be made that the Lakers roster is better than Brooklyns old roster...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 43 of 56
Jump to: