Westbrook just shoved a fan at the end of the OKC/Denver game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Westbrook be suspended?
Yes
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
No
94%
 94%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 35

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/02/no-discipline-for-russell-westbrook-for-fan-shove-fan-now-banned-from-games/

Quote:
No discipline for Russell Westbrook for fan shove; fan now banned from games

The NBA got this one right.

Thursday night the Nuggets won in dramatic fashion, a Gary Harris game-winner at the buzzer. (Which the NBA said in the two-minute report was legal, Nikola Jokic “shuffles his feet, but does not leave the designated throw-in spot..within one step of his original position in either direction” and he got the pass off in 5.1 seconds.)

Celebrating after the make, one drunk boisterous Nuggets fan went on to the court and got in Russell Westbrook‘s face as he tried to leave the floor. So Westbrook shoved him.

There is no discipline coming for Westbrook from the NBA for this, reports Royce Young of ESPN.

The NBA reviewed the incident but ultimately decided against punishment for Westbrook, as there was no aggression or engagement from the reigning MVP toward the fan. Unlike other player/fan interactions that have produced fines — like Stephen Curry throwing his mouthpiece into the crowd or Rodney Hood knocking a phone out of a fan’s hand while exiting the court — Westbrook didn’t step outside the playing floor to interact with the fan.

That is exactly the correct call by the NBA. Players can’t go into the stands to challenge fans, but conversely, fans can’t come on to the court. That’s the player’s space, and Westbrook was well within his rights even if he initiated the contact.

As for that fan, I hope he enjoyed his last Nuggets’ game in person.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

I reckon that the fan who stepped out onto the court and confronted RW was lucky that the worst thing that happened to him that night was getting shoved by Westbrook. That's an invitation to getting clocked.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

The NBA got this one right, they banned the fan. How are they gonna keep him out? If the guy wants to come to a game he can disguise himself. I don't think they'll put his picture on the jumbo tron every game so fans can point him out to security. Anyone know how they enforce a fan ban?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

That really wasn’t much of a shove. When I watched the video I was thinking to myself “That’s it?!”
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
That really wasn’t much of a shove. When I watched the video I was thinking to myself “That’s it?!”

It was really more of a grope than a shove.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: