Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Yup! He's an MMA baby.

Rogan was saying today he heard from people that Ngannou had been refusing to train on the ground. Obviously that's gonna chance now haha

He is so big there has got to be a bigman who can give him fun wrestling training

Even Olympic wrestling could help him a lot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
22 wrote:
Yup! He's an MMA baby.

Rogan was saying today he heard from people that Ngannou had been refusing to train on the ground. Obviously that's gonna chance now haha

He is so big there has got to be a bigman who can give him fun wrestling training

Even Olympic wrestling could help him a lot

Agreed CI

If he's smart he'll go to a reputable wrestling gym. AKA would be perfect, but they prob won't train him because of Cain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier at UFC 226 July 7
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Hell yeah!!

Isn’t DJ vs TJ and Nunes vs Cyrborg gonna be on this card too?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Hell yeah!!

They haven't locked down dates for those 2 yet.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Hell yeah!!

They haven't locked down dates for those 2 yet.

Ah ok! Thanks JB.

They got awhile until July, I think it’ll get done. Can’t wait man
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

DC going for broke. Damn. I especially love that it got made without that yearlong back and forth through the media with rumors and vocal negotiations flying everywhere.

And although her last fight was a dud (after pulling out from the original date) I think Nunez vs Cyborg will make up for it if it gets inked. But I have my doubts.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DC going for broke. Damn. I especially love that it got made without that yearlong back and forth through the media with rumors and vocal negotiations flying everywhere.

And although her last fight was a dud (after pulling out from the original date) I think Nunez vs Cyborg will make up for it if it gets inked. But I have my doubts.

Supposedly cyborg's side is already done.

And Chael was talking about how this is a win/win for DC. Even if he loses he's expected to lose being the smaller guy. But if he wins it cements him as one of the best of all time
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Jacare finished Brunson again.

Jacare vs Gastellum to see who gets a shot after the winner of rockhold/Romero for title shot?

And who will that Paulo costa guy fight next? Middleweight division looking stacked rn
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Head kick does Brunson in. This game is an MFer. Just brutal.

22, I like the Nunez/Cyborg matchup for all the obvious reasons but I still have a suspicion that Amanda isn’t as game for that matchup as she’s letting on. I hope I’m wrong but she doesn’t seem to be the type to put herself in obvious harm. Pulling out of the first attempt at a rematch when almost every MMA fighter would have sucked it up at that stage and then playing it absolutely safe when the fight finally did take place. Dana doesn’t want to promote her as a headliner again after that snoozer so this may be a way for her to get her name out there and generate some media traction again. Her luster is all but forgotten now. But we’ll see.

And Bisping is right about DC being in a win-win situation. Seems like a very long time ago when DC was ragdolling heavyweights. Crazy stuff.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

22, I like the Nunez/Cyborg matchup for all the obvious reasons but I still have a suspicion that Amanda isn’t as game for that matchup as she’s letting on. I hope I’m wrong but she doesn’t seem to be the type to put herself in obvious harm. Pulling out of the first attempt at a rematch when almost every MMA fighter would have sucked it up at that stage and then playing it absolutely safe when the fight finally did take place. Dana doesn’t want to promote her as a headliner again after that snoozer so this may be a way for her to get her name out there and generate some media traction again. Her luster is all but forgotten now. But we’ll see.

And Bisping is right about DC being in a win-win situation. Seems like a very long time ago when DC was ragdolling heavyweights. Crazy stuff.

Yeah Nunez lost all her luster from destroying rousey. She isn’t a draw at the moment. UFC could replace her with Meegan Anderson and it would prob sell better haha
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yeah Nunez lost all her luster from destroying rousey. She isn’t a draw at the moment. UFC could replace her with Meegan Anderson and it would prob sell better haha

To be honest, there's nobody taht's a draw other than Conor/Rousey/Brock and GSP (and GSP is a pretty big drop off in PPV buys from the trio). Jones/Cormier cracked 800K but on their own, neither is particular a big PPV star either.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

To be honest, there's nobody taht's a draw other than Conor/Rousey/Brock and GSP (and GSP is a pretty big drop off in PPV buys from the trio). Jones/Cormier cracked 800K but on their own, neither is particular a big PPV star either.

No wonder Dana is allowing CM Punk to fight again
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if UFC would ever consider lowering their ppv prices. It's SO EASY to find streams nowadays that paying $60 is just not worth it. Even $50 on the PSN is too high
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I wonder if UFC would ever consider lowering their ppv prices. It's SO EASY to find streams nowadays that paying $60 is just not worth it. Even $50 on the PSN is too high

Yeah the cards have been getting awful. Too many guys ot making weight or pulling out because of injury.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah the cards have been getting awful. Too many guys ot making weight or pulling out because of injury.

Yeah! Another reason I'm in favor of hydration testing too. The weight cutting has gotten ridiculous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

These Floyd in the octagon videos have had me dying all day!

"What the are the odds Patty? What are the odds?"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Should feed him to Cyborg.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

highest selling ppv of all time guaranteed
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

I would pay to see that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

watched a crap ton of mma vids on YouTube today.

Prepare yourselves fellas, from what I gather we're looking at the possibility of a Mayweather/McGregor MMA fight with extra rules before 2018 is out smh. That's one reason they haven't stripped Conor yet. It will be a freak show, but WME is in charge now so...

Max Holloway injured and out of UFC 222. Sean Shelby mulling over T-city as the replacement fight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lawd Schevchenko put it on that girl tonight. Yamasaki with the late stoppage as usual...how long before someone dies with this guy as a ref?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil they’re gonna give machida the edge
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil they’re gonna give machida the edge

Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....

Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 422 of 499
Jump to: