2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: 2018 Lottery watch- hoping Lakers send 10th pick to Philly- Buck Foston!

If the season ended today and there were no jumps in the lotto, the Lakers would convey the 9th pick to Philly.

There are 5 teams who have 5 or more losses than the Lakers. BKN is 4 games back in the loss column, with two more teams that are 3 games back.

Lakers are tied with NY in the loss column, and Knicks have been slumping.

Charlotte is 2 games ahead of the Lakers after winning 3 in a row.
Utah is 3 games ahead of the Lakers after winning 5 in a row.

Only the Rockets (11-3) have a better record than the Lakers (10-4) over the last 30 days.

Lakers rank fourth defensively over that stretch, with wins over Celtics and Thunder.

I'd love to see this team go 20-10 and somehow slip into the 8 seed, but I doubt it happens. I'll be happy sending Philly a pick that's not in the top 10, which is absolutely achievable.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am; edited 3 times in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Going by your commentary - isn't this more like "The 2018 Anti-Tank Thread?"
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Won't be easy but let's do it!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Knicks have a tough stretch of games coming up.

Bucks
@Raptors
@Pacers
@Sixers
Wizards
@Magic
Celtics
Warriors
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

We can be at 11 before the All-Star game. Look at the Knicks and Hornets schedules.

I would love to end up outside the bottom 10. I'm also fine with 9th. There are 7 legit talents in this draft as far as I know so Philly misses on all of them assuming teams don't mess up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

I have been following the standings praying Boston doesn't get our pick. Their fans were laughing at us when we went on that 9 game losing streak. Let's keep the winning going! It feels good to not tank this year!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

FWIW I'm REALLY hoping Boston does not get our draft pick. Could care less about Philly because I know they'll find a way to get minimum benefit.

Stay at 9th worst record and Boston has a 1 in 20 chance of getting our pick. If they did get it under that circumstance, it would either be the #2 or #3 pick.

I think 12 more wins, 33 total, would land us there. And I think we're better than a 12-18 team to finish the season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Who cares, it doesn’t affect us.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

I'm been on tankathon a lot lately. But for different reasons this season. Hope we keep winning and make Philly pick a garbage player in the mid teens of the draft. Their scouting dept isn't exactly the gold standard of the league. 😂
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I have been following the standings praying Boston doesn't get our pick. Their fans were laughing at us when we went on that 9 game losing streak. Let's keep the winning going! It feels good to not tank this year!

Yeah, as long as Boston doesn't get our pick, or we "get lucky" in the lottery and get the #1 pick for Philly, I'll be ok.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If Boston gets it, they are a better team. Asset wise they can make moves. Do you want to catch Boston in the next 10 years?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

This is why I like trading our picks. It's the only way to get some of you (bleep) to root for the team to win!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 Tank thread- Tank Philly's Pick!!!

babyskyhook wrote:
If the season ended today and there were no jumps in the lotto, the Lakers would convey the 9th pick to Philly.

There are 5 teams who have 5 or more losses than the Lakers. BKN is 4 games back in the loss column, with two more teams that are 3 games back.

Lakers are tied with NY in the loss column, and Knicks have been slumping.

Charlotte is 2 games ahead of the Lakers after winning 3 in a row.
Utah is 3 games ahead of the Lakers after winning 5 in a row.

Only the Rockets (11-3) have a better record than the Lakers (10-4) over the last 30 days.

Lakers rank fourth defensively over that stretch, with wins over Celtics and Thunder.

I'd love to see this team go 20-10 and somehow slip into the 8 seed, but I doubt it happens. I'll be happy sending Philly a pick that's not in the top 10, which is absolutely achievable.

I'd like to see us play well, because I want to see us play well. The pick is a sunk cost, and I don't care much who gets it or where it's at.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

For those that don't care where the pick ends, do you even care about the rivalry??? This is a serious question because for me personally, I can't stomach the Celtics getting better. This pick would definitely help out their chase for a championship.

I follow Boston closer than any other team besides the Lakers. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Cavs fans were cheering for us to beat the Thunder yesterday. Not only to laugh at Paul George and the Thunder, but also because they want us to build distance between us and Brooklyn. Careful what you wish for Cavs fans. If we are close to 40 wins, Lebron is in play, and they definitely don't want him leaving. He means more to their self confidence as a city than he could ever mean to us.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah reaching .500 or making the playoffs would be astoundingly good and I'd care about that a lot more than who gets our pick. I'd love to see the Lakers on the map again for top quality free agents looking for an up and coming team.

Problem is, I think going 20-10 the remainder of the season is too much to expect, even if OK to wish for. It wouldn't be a bad consolation seeing the Lakers get into the 30's and end the season proud of an 8 or 10 game improvement.

It would also be great seeing that the solid improvement result in some team other than Boston landing the #2 or #3 pick, given the contingencies that exist in the draft this year. Some people don't give a crap which other NBA team does well and only care about the Lakers. Fine. I can respect that. I'm just not one of them. I'm a vindictive (bleep) when it comes to Boston and I'll happily admit it.

<Edit> one more thought - for those of us who can't stand the thought of Boston getting the Laker pick, it's good that for once winning and draft positioning are actually complimentary, not conflicting, goals this year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Just win baby
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
This is why I like trading our picks. It's the only way to get some of you (bleep) to root for the team to win!

This

Don’t understand tanking. Never have never will. At the same time, I don’t like the get-rich-quick schemes (ie dump good young players to Free cap space for potential prospects). I truly hope we retain Randle. I still think he has 20-10 potential.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I like it because it also is an incentive to get the team leadership committed to winning!!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

We’re really rolling now
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

In a tank year, every loss feels like a win.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Cool, I guess you'll never post in this thread again, otherwise you would contradict yourself and reveal that you DO care by coming back and posting.

As for the rest of us... Trap game against Phoenix tomorrow. If Booker plays, he loves to kill the Lakers, so hope the team is ready for it. Looking forward to seeing what Charlotte or New York do the rest of the way.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Not giving philly the 2019 pick while also giving philly a 2018 pick in the teens would be amazing.

Reduces greatly the chance they get a gem in the draft. I'm all for it!
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
Not giving philly the 2019 pick while also giving philly a 2018 pick in the teens would be amazing.

Reduces greatly the chance they get a gem in the draft. I'm all for it!

Huh? The Lakers don't owe a 2019 pick to anybody, they own it.

If it lands 2-5, it goes to Boston in 2018 (this season), otherwise 1 or 6-30 goes to Philly.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
For those that don't care where the pick ends, do you even care about the rivalry??? This is a serious question because for me personally, I can't stomach the Celtics getting better. This pick would definitely help out their chase for a championship.

I follow Boston closer than any other team besides the Lakers. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I was into the rivalry during the Magic-Bird years, when it seemed intense and personal.

My feelings about Boston has waned significantly over the years. They were so bad for so many years they were an afterthought, and when we met them in the finals again in the 2010s they seemed cobbled together with stars from other teams. I enjoyed beating them, but I would have enjoyed beating them just as much if the players were wearing any other uniform.

I can't say that the Irving-Horford & company version of the Celtics matters to me more than any team chosen at random. So, yeah, I guess I don't really care all that much about the rivalry anymore, and I haven't really cared about it for many, many years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61
Jump to: