Visiting LA, advice needed from my LG family

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Visiting LA, advice needed from my LG family

Hey guys, I left LA in 1999 when I was barely 9 years old and moved to Toronto. I've visited LA many times since as my mom's entire family is in LA. I know LA fairly well and I grew up in Culver city.

I'm visiting LA with my GF this time and am extremely excited. I'm not even telling any family because there's so many people to see I won't have time to explore. I plan to eventually move back to LA work permitted and really want to impress the girl because I told her the first day we met almost four years ago that we would be move to LA.

I wouldn't say I'm an LA noob but when I do visit I always stay at my grandma's house and usually am around Culver city. Hit up the Grove..Oxnard..Malibu for some few dinners or shopping but never really explored it like a tourist.

My problem is that I am having a hard time deciding where to stay. It's between BH and Santa Monica. I'm going to list out the things we plan to do and what kind of person I am so you can advise me where to stay.

This is what our typical day looks like:

Sleep in till 10
Get ready go for a late breakfast/early lunch
Do a couple touristy things until the evening
Come back to the hotel and go for dinner
COme back from dinner, watch netflix and go to bed.
I also like to smoke hookah so I will be buying one and smoking it on my balcony so views would be nice!

We don't party (just drinks at dinner), We don't wake up too early, We will be renting a car.

Going down to Malibu for the day. Eat.
Going down to OC..Newport? Laguna? where do you suggest?
Hollywood walk she wants to do lol
Universal Studios maybe..same day as OC for a quick 3-4 hrs.
Runyon
Check out Venice/SM Pier (god it's become awful now last I went)/Manhattan B
Do some shopping

Any other suggestions would be great as well.

Sorry for the long post, but in conclusion I just wanted to know where I'm better off. We don't stay out too late..we do like quiet and even though we are fairly young you can treat us like an old married couple.

I don't really care which area is cheaper..and from what it looks like they're both equally expensive. Not looking to spare $ on this trip so don't base your advice on that for us.

OH also going to make sure I get to rep my boys for the season opener. GO DODGERS!

ALso please don't be afraid to mention hotels! There's so many good ones..
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

Disneyland? Seems like most of your stuff is more north. I like the W hotels.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

go to in n out
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Assuming you're gonna have a car, stay in BH or Downtown. Nice hotel choices with good views, especially in the evening with city lights etc.

BH has a nice touristy hotel bar on Wilshire - used to be the thompson but think it's called something else now sixty - used to be decent and low key for food/drink in the evening though I haven't been in a long while.

Obviously easier access to Malibu from BH, and OC's not a horrible drive either depending on when you leave. Based on what you said, I say go to Laguna. Has a more chill vibe and less of a party feel. Get a good brunch, hang out, check out some of the art galleries, etc. i don't think you can do Universal and OC on the same day though unless you really like stretching your days out.

BH also has a lot of different options for food and close to 3rd street as well. ALl fo these are better choices than SM for food, as feel like SM is TOO touristy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: