Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Pats made quite a few mistakes that game. It ended up costing them dearly. Missed FG, missed extra point, that stupid trick play where they tried to throw to Brady, the one play where Cook tried to do a high jump instead of cutting to get the 1st down....etc

Depending on the result of the game, there is always something that people look back on. If the Patriots had won, we'd be talking about that weird deflected interception in the second quarter. If the receiver had hung on, the Eagles would have been up 22-6. Instead, the Patriots marched down the field and made it 15-12.

Not to mention Ertz's false start penalty when the Eagles were at the 1yd line and both of the failed two-point conversions.

It's too bad Foles got the INT for that tipped interception. Otherwise, a perfect game for him.

BTW, was there a single pass-interference call made in this game? I thought the lack of them was really unusual.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Patriots fans not happy.

Quote:
Adios Matt Patricia, **** off and don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out

Quote:
Good riddance Matty P, go **** off in Detroit you’ll be fired in 2 years. You suck as a coordinator and you’ll suck as a HC. And for you Billy, you’re lucky you have Brady making you look as good as you have.

Quote:
One of the most painful losses in any sport in my lifetime. 505yds for Brady and they lose. **** the defense top to bottom. Unbelievable.

Quote:
I’m off to watch some 28-3 highlights. Whose with me?

Quote:

Where is the genius in allowing 41 point to backup QB

Quote:
Neither one of these garbage teams deserved to win this one. But losing a SuperBowl to Nick Foles is inexcusable. Just another Patriots SuperBowl gag job. They are becoming routine. Unprepared, as usual.

And as much of a joke as this defense is, with a competent kicker the Pats probably win this game. Ghostchokeski cost them 4 points with his gagging.

Quote:

Quote:
Two touchdowns that weren’t TD.

Rigged. **** the nfl I’m done with this ****

Quote:
The Eagles rolled the dice twice and got the lucky roll on both times.. actually maybe 3 times. The Eagles got a bit lucky. Thats it.. they won. Lucky.

Quote:
Quote:
Brady was off all night.

Ha...hahahahahaha...WHAT?!

Quote:
People with no routing interest relish when the Patriots lose. It makes me sick. This organization has been a model of professionalism. All our fan base wants is greatness and they just ignortly run our noses in everything. Dumb ignorant losers. Congratulations to Philly, they played amazing on offense and they earned it.

Quote:
Man i feel like a pile of horse **** today. so disapointed. 4th and 1 was the killer. most coaches punt in that situation. go bruins go celtics

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/post-game-thread-super-bowl-edition.1143416/

Most if not all are also Celdick fans so they can go (bleep) themselves.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Pats made quite a few mistakes that game. It ended up costing them dearly. Missed FG, missed extra point, that stupid trick play where they tried to throw to Brady, the one play where Cook tried to do a high jump instead of cutting to get the 1st down....etc

Depending on the result of the game, there is always something that people look back on. If the Patriots had won, we'd be talking about that weird deflected interception in the second quarter. If the receiver had hung on, the Eagles would have been up 22-6. Instead, the Patriots marched down the field and made it 15-12.

Not to mention Ertz's false start penalty when the Eagles were at the 1yd line and both of the failed two-point conversions.

It's too bad Foles got the INT for that tipped interception. Otherwise, a perfect game for him.

BTW, was there a single pass-interference call made in this game? I thought the lack of them was really unusual.

Eagles had some holding calls. Patsies, as grabby as they were, didn't have a single one.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I couldn’t believe it when an Eagles receiver was shoved during a two point conversion and they still didn’t throw a flag.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I know we don't have all the facts but I can't think of anything Butler, a guy who is responsible for one of the Pats SB victories, could have possibly done to be treated like that. Would he have made the defense better? Probably. Would he have made the defense worse? No way. Belichick put his ego over winning the SB.

The DC Matt Patricia claimed Butler was benched because he didn't fit into the schemes they drew up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I know we don't have all the facts but I can't think of anything Butler, a guy who is responsible for one of the Pats SB victories, could have possibly done to be treated like that. Would he have made the defense better? Probably. Would he have made the defense worse? No way. Belichick put his ego over winning the SB.

The DC Matt Patricia claimed Butler was benched because he didn't fit into the schemes they drew up.

I'm waiting for the real story to leak. Who did Butler piss off, Belichick or Patricia? Anyway it goes not playing him in the SB is unconscionable.

He took 98% of the snaps during the season and all of a sudden he doesn't fit into the schemes. LINK The SB is the apex of the sports achievements. To deny a man to play unacceptable.

Butler took it well. He was professional in his remarks to the media. In his heart he probably wishes harm to who ever was the reason he didn't play. If he never gets to a SB again in his career I'd acquit him of assault.j/k

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Well its not as if Butler didn't already win an SB but this is the same team that cut a player before the SB(granted he wasn't one that mattered)
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Someone explain to me: How did some no name backup player beat the greatest NFL player of all time?!

I think the Pats seemed a little too confident. They might not have taken the Eagles seriously.

Lets face it who would given the circumstances.

After the way the Eagles blew Minnesota away in the championship game I was taking them seriously but that’s just me. Minnesota was supposed to be the best team in the NFC after Wentz got injured and had just beaten the Saints. The Eagles destroying them got my attention. They also beat Atlanta the week before who was the defending NFC champ.

I thought the Eagles were clearly a bigger threat than Tennessee and maybe even Jacksonville. So it’s not like the Patriots were suddenly facing a much weaker opponent in this round. Foles actually looked really good.

Atlanta was a team the Eagles barely got past (the Falcons blew that game)

After that it was easy going for them.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

very weird that bill tells butler right before the game that not only is he not starting, but he's not going to play at all. wonder what really happened.

and moving forward, the pats are still in the driver's seat to make it to another superbowl.

the best team that can contend with them is the jags. they have the defense. they have the running game. i just don't trust bortles. he was good at times this year, and had an overall "solid" year, but he's a game manager. if they swung a trade for an Eli , Foles, or Kirk Cousins, I think they have a better shot to beat NE. The Steelers are a bunch of whiny high maintenance players who don't have championship heart (besides ben, but even his mindset isn't all there with the retirement talk). Steelers have had a bad record against Brady (not sure if they have ever even beaten him with Tomlin/Ben).

Besides the Jags, NE has little competition (again) to make it to the super bowl.

I hope the Jags realize that Bortles had a solid year, but they need a QB that can go out and out duel a guy like Brady and a QB that isn't playing not to lose. I'd go after Eli and Foles hard if I were them. Maybe even Cousins.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

There's a rumor going around that Butler missed his curfew and was caught with weed. Then went off on the coaches.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
very weird that bill tells butler right before the game that not only is he not starting, but he's not going to play at all. wonder what really happened.

and moving forward, the pats are still in the driver's seat to make it to another superbowl.

the best team that can contend with them is the jags. they have the defense. they have the running game. i just don't trust bortles. he was good at times this year, and had an overall "solid" year, but he's a game manager. if they swung a trade for an Eli , Foles, or Kirk Cousins, I think they have a better shot to beat NE. The Steelers are a bunch of whiny high maintenance players who don't have championship heart (besides ben, but even his mindset isn't all there with the retirement talk). Steelers have had a bad record against Brady (not sure if they have ever even beaten him with Tomlin/Ben).

Besides the Jags, NE has little competition (again) to make it to the super bowl.

I hope the Jags realize that Bortles had a solid year, but they need a QB that can go out and out duel a guy like Brady and a QB that isn't playing not to lose. I'd go after Eli and Foles hard if I were them. Maybe even Cousins.

Nope

Ben has beaten Brady in the past but Cowher was the coach.

For all the talk of the Pats always beating the Colts they ignore the Steelers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I couldn’t believe it when an Eagles receiver was shoved during a two point conversion and they still didn’t throw a flag.

The Patsie defender would need to pull out a gun and Ray Lewis the WR before they pull out that flag.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Patriots fans not happy.

Quote:
Adios Matt Patricia, **** off and don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out

Quote:
Good riddance Matty P, go **** off in Detroit you’ll be fired in 2 years. You suck as a coordinator and you’ll suck as a HC. And for you Billy, you’re lucky you have Brady making you look as good as you have.

Quote:
One of the most painful losses in any sport in my lifetime. 505yds for Brady and they lose. **** the defense top to bottom. Unbelievable.

Quote:
I’m off to watch some 28-3 highlights. Whose with me?

Quote:

Where is the genius in allowing 41 point to backup QB

Quote:
Neither one of these garbage teams deserved to win this one. But losing a SuperBowl to Nick Foles is inexcusable. Just another Patriots SuperBowl gag job. They are becoming routine. Unprepared, as usual.

And as much of a joke as this defense is, with a competent kicker the Pats probably win this game. Ghostchokeski cost them 4 points with his gagging.

Quote:

Quote:
Two touchdowns that weren’t TD.

Rigged. **** the nfl I’m done with this ****

Quote:
The Eagles rolled the dice twice and got the lucky roll on both times.. actually maybe 3 times. The Eagles got a bit lucky. Thats it.. they won. Lucky.

Quote:
Quote:
Brady was off all night.

Ha...hahahahahaha...WHAT?!

Quote:
People with no routing interest relish when the Patriots lose. It makes me sick. This organization has been a model of professionalism. All our fan base wants is greatness and they just ignortly run our noses in everything. Dumb ignorant losers. Congratulations to Philly, they played amazing on offense and they earned it.

Quote:
Man i feel like a pile of horse **** today. so disapointed. 4th and 1 was the killer. most coaches punt in that situation. go bruins go celtics

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/post-game-thread-super-bo

wl-edition.1143416/

they're all spoiled, but hey we as laker fans are too, but unlike them we dont go and blame others for their loss, they didnt have it this time, and they can weep a year after coming back from 28-3

I'm a Pats and Lakers fan; gutted after the loss yesterday . Defense really (bleep) the bed unfortunately. Offense was pretty phenomenal though; really a game of what could have beens...
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Teams with the best odds to win Super Bowl LIII, per bovada:
Patriots 5/1
Packers 9/1
Eagles 9/1
Vikings 12/1
Steelers 12/1
Falcons 18/1
Cowboys 18/1
Rams 18/1
Saints 18/1
49ers 20/1
Panthers 25/1
Texans 25/1
Jaguars 28/1
Chiefs 28/1
Seahawks 28/1
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Latest thing I’ve seen on Butler:

Quote:
My understanding is the benching of #Patriots CB Malcolm Butler happened because of a perfect storm of issues: Sickness, a rough week of practice, and a minor rule violation believed to be related to curfew. A complicated matter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKaitoKid29/status/960667653647011842
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Gronk's house broken into while he was in Minnesota. Double whammy.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Gronk's house broken into while he was in Minnesota. Double whammy.

This happened to Puig during game 7 of the WS. What's the deal here, it seems like it's gonna become a habit.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I have a conspiracy theory about the whole thing but that's for another time.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Does it involve at least two thieves figuring out that Gronkowski is Minnesota and therefore cannot be simultaneously at his house in New England?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

No it has to do with sports memorabilia and the dark market associated with it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Odd. A athlete who's on the road so much should have a security system sophisticated enough to protect his property when he's our of town.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Odd. A athlete who's on the road so much should have a security system sophisticated enough to protect his property when he's our of town.

He has roommates.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He has roommates.

OK. I have a system in my abode. I'd think Gronk has one too. If so was the security system down?

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Does it involve at least two thieves figuring out that Gronkowski is Minnesota and therefore cannot be simultaneously at his house in New England?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He has roommates.

OK. I have a system in my abode. I'd think Gronk has one too. If so was the security system down?

Apparently his bedroom was secured and not broken into. The point about the roommates was that it wouldn't be as simply as him locking down the whole house when he headed to Minnesota.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 114 of 115
Jump to: