***OFFICIAL Piss & Moan Thread (All Negative Venting in Here Only)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't always lose. But when I do, I lose by 40.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Who's slower: Hibbert or Brook Lopez?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Who's slower: Hibbert or Brook Lopez?

Hibbert.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

RIP to getting PG13 after tonight's disaster.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that..

Just as Kyre Irving wanted to be top-dawg and not play second fiddle to LeBron, PG could very well want the same thing and will never have that in OK, whereas he could easily be our Jimmy Butler...
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

Bring back Byron.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ya I forgot about Bridges. He'd be great. Gotta check out the other guys. Sign me up for a 3/D Center as well

Wendell Carter primer: https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/21/wendell-carters-shooting-outburst-vs-evansville/

Thanks. Just watched those highlights, I like him. Hey have you looked at prospects from next year's draft? Please let it be deep.

It's early, and there are usually guys who step up in college to help improve depth - Trae Young and Gafford come to mind in 2018 - and some 2018 kids may stick around for their sophomore seasons, but 2019 doesn't look like a particularly deep draft right now and even the top talent isn't as exciting as this year's class, imo.

Here's a quick primer: https://www.thestepien.com/2017/11/20/mikes-2019-draft-board/

Keldon Johnson is a guy I like early as a strong, athletic 2/3 with a solid jumper. But outside of the top few names (Zion, Bol Bol, Reddish, Barrett, etc.) and some west coast kids, I need to do more research into the depth of the class.

Appreciate the breakdown bro. I'll check out this dude and the class. Don't know where to hedge by bets -- getting a FA or not..tanking or not next year. We're in a weird ass position right now ,

It's bad stuff, but they'll bounce back and give us some more optimism as the season goes on. I'm all in on the tank in 2019 if they don't land an All-Star free agent. But my concern is that they throw a panic max deal at Avery Bradley and we get onto a '00s Knicks cycle.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Bring back Kurt Rambis
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that..

Just as Kyre Irving wanted to be top-dawg and not play second fiddle to LeBron, PG could very well want the same thing and will never have that in OK, whereas he could easily be our Jimmy Butler...

George had that in Indy, so that is doubtful. He wanted to win and is getting that in OKC. We would be worse than Indy.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

So are we even allowed to post in other threads lol
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

Looks like we are just as bad as last season
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

Good thing the rookies are better performing this year.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

Good thing the rookies are better performing this year.

But that doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t improve the team as a whole
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

What in the world is the front office doing, engaging full tank mode?

Just (bleep) name the entire squad to the trading block.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:

Stop wearing the MLPS throwbacks!!!!
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

3 wins in a row and not a single QFTOS on any of them!!!
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

LakergirlsFan710 wrote:

What's QFTOS? I've seen it before but I'm not in the loop
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
LakergirlsFan710 wrote:

What's QFTOS? I've seen it before but I'm not in the loop

QFTOS - "Quotes From The Other Side" is a thread that, after a victory, gives the victors much pleasure to read quotes from the losers forums from before, during and after the game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

I do not really care. That is the conclusion I reached after last game....well actually it was later in the day that I realized my lack of caring when the Lakers lose.

It was the 2nd straight game that my favorite college team blew almost a 20 point lead in the 2nd half.....and it was crushing. That feeling of anger, hate, nausea and all the immature emotions that accompany being a sports fanatic set in. I shut down media to ensure there were no reminders...did not visit LG or any sports related sites for a couple days to ensure there were no reminders....refused to respond to the random texts that kept rolling in "what happened to WVU" to avoid continued discussion. Losing sucks....it hurts....and that is way it is supposed to feel.

All of that made me realize it has been a long time since I felt that way in response to anything Lakers related. I have came to the point of rarely even expecting to win games. Anyone that has ever known me would claim my two sports passions are Lakers basketball and WVU (Football and Basketball)...but I have to ask myself if that really remains true.

Ownership

I have little faith in the Lakers current ownership. I believe Jeannie wants to win....but I am not confident it is for the right reasons. I have the opinion that the best owners desire to win for two primary reasons. The first is they are fans, and are driven by the simple internal drive to succeed. Just as a passionate fan, they want a winner and provide the fan base with a winner. The 2nd reason is pure revenue generation. It is as simple as it sounds....winners earn more revenue share of their market. I think these two items drove Dr. Buss as they did George Steinbrenner and continue to drive successful owners such as Robert Kraft. My speculation is Jeanie's motivations are slightly different......1st, I think Jeanie is driven by the social status impact that winning will have on her personal life. I have always felt it deeply bothered Jeanie that the Lakers were no longer winning within her social circle and public appearance. 2nd, I think Jeanie is chasing ghosts, constantly seeking to duplicate her fathers success to prove that she is the true heir to her fathers business acumen. Neither of these motivations are bad....but i simply do not fell they are optimal or ideal....and often being driven by flawed motivations leads to flawed decisions.

Management

I have been skeptical of Magic Johnson leading the FO since being hired. I have the opinion that Magic lives for public adulation, and this will always cause Magic to be about Magic first and always. I do not want to get in the weeds with details and support for those thoughts because I know many admire him, but there have been multiple events since his retirement that he has demonstrated to me that he is always focused on his public image, even when his actions to achieve that goal have not been optimal for those around him. I would love to see Pelinka demonstrate his abilities and grow within the position....but how is that going to ever be judged? Magic will always stand in the sun when it is bright, and beyond that they have become so intertwined that we once again have a Jim and Mitch situation....not knowing who is responsible for success and failures. Honestly, I have little doubt Magic designed it this way.....and Pelinka will be used as a shield and fall guy if needed. I do not doubt Magic would like to win....but I am also confident that he will only try to seek that goal after ensuring that everything in the organization that could be linked to someone else (Jim Buss) will be removed to ensure the former FO will receive no credit for any success. I still believe that Luke and Ingram will be replaced and moved at some point to ensure this personal need.

Coaching

Not a fan. For many reasons. First, I think Luke's whole life has been so entrenched in nepotism that he likely does not even recognize the flaws in building his staff. I still believe that Luke has his priorities out of order.....seeking to always protect the image of Lakers management first and win second. I could go on about the X's and O's. rotations, etc. forever....but just in the past week....why does he still put Caruso on the court? He is not ready, and may never be....but even though it is almost an automatic run for the opponent, Luke still puts him out there for extended minutes when it is not needed. Also, when we were playing some of our best basketball earlier in the season....our second unit was Clarkson at the backup PG spot....why did we totally abandon that? His production and efficient play has nosedived since the change....as has the 2nd units. Who gives the ball to Randle in a perimeter iso on the last play with a few seconds left in tie game? I could go on and on.....like why do we still have a 10-11 man rotation when we clearly have a roster that should have an 8-9 man rotation?

Roster

What is there to say....it is a little unbalanced, but I just do not think it is being utilized properly. Does anyone outside of Lonzo and Ingram really know their role....it really feels like guys like KCP, Lopez and Clarkson just kind of do their own thing...if its working....good.....if not....bad. It sure did not help that the organization made a huge mistake by indicating that most of the team will not be back if their plan is successful....but even beyond that, it still feels like there are major roster and role problems. As I said earlier....Clarkson was very successful and efficient earlier in the season when he was playing 12-15 minutes as backup PG....and about 5-10 minutes with Lonzo each game....why did that stop? Hart was really starting to thrive on defense as a SG....why is he being forced into a SF role? I feel Caruso should simply be released....he has had plenty of opportunity (far more than Vander received) and simply proven he does not belong in the NBA. The whole 2 max plan likely has about a 90% chance of failing....then what? If we land one max guy....does anyone think Clarkson, Randle and others return ready to totally buy in to the Lakers next season? Why are we seeking to be #1 in pace in the league with Brook Lopez as the starting center?

Very frustrated....needed to ramble.....I am sure I care much less recently....now trying to figure out if its worth caring at all.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I do not really care. [snipped for length]

Very frustrated....needed to ramble.....I am sure I care much less recently....now trying to figure out if its worth caring at all.

Losing sucks, but judging from the length of that post, I think you care - maybe more than you realize. Just keep faith.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ya I forgot about Bridges. He'd be great. Gotta check out the other guys. Sign me up for a 3/D Center as well

Wendell Carter primer: https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/21/wendell-carters-shooting-outburst-vs-evansville/

Thanks. Just watched those highlights, I like him. Hey have you looked at prospects from next year's draft? Please let it be deep.

It's early, and there are usually guys who step up in college to help improve depth - Trae Young and Gafford come to mind in 2018 - and some 2018 kids may stick around for their sophomore seasons, but 2019 doesn't look like a particularly deep draft right now and even the top talent isn't as exciting as this year's class, imo.

Here's a quick primer: https://www.thestepien.com/2017/11/20/mikes-2019-draft-board/

Keldon Johnson is a guy I like early as a strong, athletic 2/3 with a solid jumper. But outside of the top few names (Zion, Bol Bol, Reddish, Barrett, etc.) and some west coast kids, I need to do more research into the depth of the class.

Appreciate the breakdown bro. I'll check out this dude and the class. Don't know where to hedge by bets -- getting a FA or not..tanking or not next year. We're in a weird ass position right now ,

Quick follow-up on 2019:

In addition to Keldon Johnson, I really dig Nassir Little (6'7, 7'1 wingspan) who profiles as a potentially elite 3&D wing, but he's got some sneaky initiator upside. I wouldn't be shocked if five years from now he's better than the older Cam Reddish. Other guys I'm intrigued by early on and who could be available late lottery are Reggie Perry (6'8 240 PF) and Jaylen Hoard (6'8 195 SF), but neither are great roster fits with BI, Kuz, and possibly Randle and Nance still around.

Nazreion Reid (6'10 240 PF/C) and Quentin Grimes (6'4 200 CG) would be perfect fits if they can get right on the court - Reid has a ton of athletic talent, but his motor has been questioned, while Grimes needs to be cured of a mild case of Austin Rivers Syndrome.

Andd then there are a lot of solid, ball dominant PG prospects who don't really stand out as good roster fits except for Immanuel Quickly (6'3, 6'8 wingspan) who is George Hill-ish and Tre Jones who would be too good to pass up around picks 8-14 even if he's Trae Young sized.
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Jerry West

Any good reason to say no to Jerry West?
There you go he’s making his smart moves to make clippers a favorable franchise for free agents 😡
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony has suffered a right ankle sprain and is questionable to return.
Chris Haynes, ESPN Staff Writer
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Carmelo Anthony has suffered a right ankle sprain and is questionable to return.
Chris Haynes, ESPN Staff Writer

That actually helps OKC, imo.

They are better off with just Russ, PG, Adams and their rotation...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Why are we sooooo good? ARGGGHHHH!#@!!@$@

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21
Jump to: