Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 516, 517, 518 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

It's good. Let's start building this winning, Ennis-less culture!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Glad he finally moved on from Ennis.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff coach.
Nice out of timeout or was it start of fourth ally to Larry. Taken away by JC foul.
Also liking the Julius to BI 2 man lobs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I just heard GTs voice ask Luke a question.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

LaVar has led them to yet another win. #BBBB #BigBallerBrandBoi
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

Personally I think randle and lopez should stagger. both play at the same time..it seems lopez is the 5 on def but a stretch 4 on offense. Id rather randle just start and lopez play on the block with the second unit.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Good stuff coach.
Nice out of timeout or was it start of fourth ally to Larry. Taken away by JC foul.
Also liking the Julius to BI 2 man lobs.

That lob play has been really nice.
I'm really happy with them pushing the ball hard after a made basket while the defense isn't set. We've gotten some easy baskets from that.
I hope Luke gives/encourages Lonzo the freedom to do just that a lot more often so he can drive by the defense with his speed and get easy opportunities. He should be getting about 3 baskets from that each game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Personally I think randle and lopez should stagger. both play at the same time..it seems lopez is the 5 on def but a stretch 4 on offense. Id rather randle just start and lopez play on the block with the second unit.

Why do you prefer that? Lopez isn't clogging up the paint for Randle to operate. It's been working out nicely.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Why do you prefer that? Lopez isn't clogging up the paint for Randle to operate. It's been working out nicely.

Tonight lopez stretched nice and hit some threes so it worked.

It works good for randle bc he has room to operate

When nance is in the game he isn't a great center

Lopez against second unit could eat inside...put nance out the if you have to with the first unit.

Lopez should be inside...maybe not all games but imagine tonight who would guard him inside with the suns second unit?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Lopez against second unit could eat inside...put nance out the if you have to with the first unit.

Lopez should be inside...maybe not all games but imagine tonight who would guard him inside with the suns second unit?

I think the reason Lopez was outside for the most part tonight was probably to take Chandler out of the paint.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I think the reason Lopez was outside for the most part tonight was probably to take Chandler out of the paint.

but when chandler was on the sidelines I think we needed a post player more than ever lopez could have feasted. I would like to see him with the second unit, but I do understand what luke is doing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

but when chandler was on the sidelines I think we needed a post player more than ever lopez could have feasted. I would like to see him with the second unit, but I do understand what luke is doing.

If the post up is still one of the most inefficient play-types, I don't think the Lakers will use it much. Lakers post up 6.1% of the time (48%ile). The highest post up team is San Antonio at 11.9% frequency (86.2%ile).

How many post ups do you want Lopez to have?
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

If the post up is still one of the most inefficient play-types, I don't think the Lakers will use it much. Lakers post up 6.1% of the time (48%ile). The highest post up team is San Antonio at 11.9% frequency (86.2%ile).

I want the 7'1 center to take a shot in the paint.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I get that. Just wondering how many post ups a game is enough for you?
He currently gets about 2.8 post up possessions a game (22.3% freq which is most on the team). He's shooting 44% on those postups, which generates 0.82 points per possession. Sets him up at the 40.4%ile.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject:

His spot ups
3.2 possessions (25.4% freq)
0.94 PPP (37.8%ile).
Worse in the %ile, but he gets more ppp as a spot up shooter (due to 3 pointers) than posting up this season. As Mike mentioned in the other thread, it may be due to lack of rhythm. But the numbers are there.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

He currently gets about 2.8 post up possessions a game (22.3% freq which is most on the team). He's shooting 44% on those postups, which generates 0.82 points per possession. Sets him up at the 40.4%ile.

I guess it is game dependent.

he cant really run a picknroll

so he either camps by the three line/postsup/or sets screens

I would rather him set screens playing with the second unit and use his back to the basket skills when the (bleep) gets low.

you want a number id say 6 per game with the second unit per game.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
55 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I guess it is game dependent.

he cant really run a picknroll

so he either camps by the three line/postsup/or sets screens

I would rather him set screens playing with the second unit and use his back to the basket skills when the clock gets low.

you want a number id say 6 per game with the second unit per game.

I guess the real problem is we have three players in randle nance and lopez who are most comfortable by the basket.

a real stretch 4 could help..i know lopez has his moments but im looking for consistency.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject:

Lol all the haters that wanted Luke fired sure have been quiet lately
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

I've got to give Luke a lot of credit. I think we sometimes forget that he's just like Brandon & Zubac, in that he's just in his second year. They're growing and maturing together.

And most exciting of all, the coach, and our talented corp of youngsters, are figuring out how to win.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

lol this idiot SAS on First take saying Magic doesnt like Luke and looking at Fizz
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Ive been dissatisfied with Luke most of the season. I am happy we are playing well...and it coincides with Luke actually playing the best players the most minutes. Which was my biggest problem with him.

He finally started Randle, which should have been done from jump because he is better than Nance.

I think Ball being out has helped...because its given other players more minutes. He seemed to have decided that Ball was going to get 30 mins every game, and Clarkson suffered because of it. Its clear that Clarkson has a lot of value to our team. Yes he makes mistakes, but he needs to play

He has slowed the ROBO sub pattern...Thank GAWD.

So he has improved on many of the areas in which I had a big problem with him.

The next step for me will be to stop the Ingram dribble for 15 secs offense he plays in the last 8 mins of the 4th quarters.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Stephen A of BSPN speculating on Fizdale becoming next Lakers head coach (did not watch but I'll link here)

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22355954
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Luke turned what was the worst defensive team in the league just last season to the 12th best defense with the youngest team in the whole league. Randle should have been starting from the start of the season, but still think that was influenced by Maginka's imo. Took him way too long to figure out just not playing Tyler Ennis increases the Lakers chances of winning. Other than that, has been improving along with the team and looks to be the coach for the long run unless circumstances occurs.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

If we can continue to knock down free throws we will win more and more games. Since we don't have many shooters and struggle from distance we rely on scoring the paint, which usually results in more fouls.

Off topic but I hear people say free throw percentage translates to 3 point percentage. Is the anyone besides iggy that can shoot from deep but not at the line?
leandromato1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I think the rotation should be:

Lonzo/Caruso
Hart/Clarkson
BI/Kuz
Randle/Nance
Lopez/Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 516, 517, 518 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 517 of 818
Jump to: