Kristaps Porzingis has suffered a torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

He's beloved in the City.

How will his recovery be for a guy that big?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Get well soon! ACL surgery is pretty common. He should be back up to speed by next season hopefully.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
List of players who have torn their ACLs:

https://twitter.com/aclrecoveryclub/status/469623707803992064?lang=en

Not too encouraging.

As someone who is 4 months post op from ACL surgery and having DOVE really deep into ACLs/surgery.. that list is actually more encouraging than ANYTHING.

Tearing an ACL is extremely easy. Hell it's a freak accident. Less than 100 players in 40 years...? How many times a season do players cut/jump/run?

Most ACL tears are freak incidents. Mine definitely was, i remember the movement vividly like it was yesterday. Still pains me to think that one minor movement in a soccer game would change my life so much, alas, here i am.. trying my best to get back on the soccer field sometime this year.

Also, look at some people on that list, some people would of never guessed dudes like brewer or williams tore their ACLs.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Not too encouraging.

As someone who is 4 months post op from ACL surgery and having DOVE really deep into ACLs/surgery.. that list is actually more encouraging than ANYTHING.

Tearing an ACL is extremely easy. Hell it's a freak accident. Less than 100 players in 40 years...? How many times a season do players cut/jump/run?

Most ACL tears are freak incidents. Mine definitely was, i remember the movement vividly like it was yesterday. Still pains me to think that one minor movement in a soccer game would change my life so much, alas, here i am.. trying my best to get back on the soccer field sometime this year.

Also, look at some people on that list, some people would of never guessed dudes like brewer or williams tore their ACLs.

I went through that list looking at the bigs, particularly those bigs who were playing at a high level before their injuries.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
marga86 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Not too encouraging.

I went through that list looking at the bigs, particularly those bigs who were playing at a high level before their injuries.

Problem is there weren't many good bigs that suffered ACLs. The handful that I see played several decades ago which is pretty much day/night in terms of recovery methods. In recent years, Al Jefferson pretty much came back and played at the same level. On the other hand...Krispy is 7'3"...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/13/report-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-expected-to-miss-at-least-10-months/

Quote:
Report: Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis expected to miss at least 10 months

Kristaps Porzingis underwent surgery on his torn ACL today, and though the Knicks haven’t pinpointed a timeline, the early expectation has leaked.

Ian Begley of ESPN:

Ian Begley
@IanBegley
It's too early to know a specific timetable for Kristaps Porzingis' recovery since he hasn't started the rehab process yet. The expectation, at this point, is that Porzingis will be out for at least 10 months following ACL surgery today, per ESPN sources.

12:46 PM - Feb 13, 2018
55 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
This is pretty standard for a torn ACL. Whether that’s good news just depends whether you were initially optimistic or pessimistic about the timetable.

Either way, the Knicks and Porzingis now face major questions.

He’ll be sidelined the entire rookie-scale extension window this offseason. Would the Knicks extend Porzingis’ contract while he’s still recovering? Would Porzingis take less than the max considering his health?

The Knicks have gotten outscored by 6.6 points per 100 possessions this season. Can they really build a roster next season capable of staying in the playoff race for two months without him? Will they try or just punt to 2019-20?

You can bet Porzingis’ rehab will be especially closely monitored as both sides determine how to proceed.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
marga86 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Not too encouraging.

Problem is there weren't many good bigs that suffered ACLs. The handful that I see played several decades ago which is pretty much day/night in terms of recovery methods. In recent years, Al Jefferson pretty much came back and played at the same level. On the other hand...Krispy is 7'3"...

Bob Lanier, 7 time all-star post ACL surgery...in 1970. Otherwise the comparisons are imperfect--6'9-6'10" offensive minded bigs, Manning, Cummings, Jefferson. Tarpley's per-36 numbers were close, but he was suspended 3 seasons post-ACL surgery for drugs. But there's not really a good comparison. Obviously, tearing it younger is better--Elliot, Baron, Lowry all tore theirs in college and returned to their normal athleticism by the time they were in the NBA. Older is always worse. And then you're going to have the weird outliers like Bernard King, who tore his mid-career, and then returned to all-star form at 34 years of age, 5 years post-ACL injury.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: