Wow. Markelle Fultz is an even Bigger BUST Than we all thought!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
22 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
he’s recovered but he’s lost something mentally - he may end up as a huge bust. Can u imagine if the 76ers bypassed Fultz for zo...

what's worse is imagining if we got stuck with Fultz. And we would have likely still traded off DLO too
not gonna lie, if we had the first pick i would have chosen fultz
no way anybody could have foreseen this though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I realize that there are other factors at play here, so I'm stating that upfront. Still, is anyone going to point out that the Washington Huskies are playing MUCH better this season, without Fultz's services?

I had him as the clear #1 pick on my board, and most here did. I just wonder if there's something we missed with him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I realize that there are other factors at play here, so I'm stating that upfront. Still, is anyone going to point out that the Washington Huskies are playing MUCH better this season, without Fultz's services?

I had him as the clear #1 pick on my board, and most here did. I just wonder if there's something we missed with him.

FWIW, Lorenzo Romar is the worst in game coach I've ever seen at the D-1 level, and he's gone too. I haven't watched Washington this year, but that was the worst-coached college team I've ever seen, with no exaggeration.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

FWIW, Lorenzo Romar is the worst in game coach I've ever seen at the D-1 level, and he's gone too. I haven't watched Washington this year, but that was the worst-coached college team I've ever seen, with no exaggeration.

I agree with you on Romar. That was part of the "other factors at play" I started that post with. In '15-16 they had Chriss and Dejounte Murray and still only made the NIT. Still, while that might explain a lot, I wonder how much it explains. I'm giving Fultz a bit of a pass this year with the injury, but I'm just saying that perhaps we missed something by believing that he was the clear #1 player. Obviously, the kid has talent. I'm just wondering if he was/is quite as good as most of us thought, and I certainly include myself there.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/959574710202724352

The comments pointed this out. Richaun Holmes in the background shooting freethrows with the same F'd up form that messed Fultz up.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I agree with you on Romar. That was part of the "other factors at play" I started that post with. In '15-16 they had Chriss and Dejounte Murray and still only made the NIT. Still, while that might explain a lot, I wonder how much it explains. I'm giving Fultz a bit of a pass this year with the injury, but I'm just saying that perhaps we missed something by believing that he was the clear #1 player. Obviously, the kid has talent. I'm just wondering if he was/is quite as good as most of us thought, and I certainly include myself there.
you can't ask that question while trying to look at him(kinda) with the injury. he's not the same person at all. its not even close. so who he is now is not a reflection on who he was his year in college. this year means nothing in regards to fultz. this aint him. its like if you broke both of shaqs legs coming out of LSU and you saw him trying to play again for the first time and they were not 100% healed, nor strengthened. That aint shaq. lol.

If you want to ask "did i miss something" wait until he fully heals up and gets his game back. then we'll see.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

That would be reasonable if Fultz simply came into the NBA and underperformed. But there is obviously something weird going on with the guy, so I don't see how we can make any judgment about him until he comes back and plays a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fultz mystery remains a mystery until next year
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

this really is not as rare as one might expect when a team is so reliant on a single player for production. Another example this season is Purdue....their world pretty much revolved around Caleb Swanigan last season...and while they were successful....they were not nearly the team they are this season....and most people cannot name a single player on their roster this year.....but almost all of the productive players were on the roster last year also.
Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Too early to give up. Strange though

Too early for sure but tell ya what; I'd be real, real nervous if I were Philly. I find it hard to believe Fultz is still hurt; he's been recovering from (what was reportedly) a minor issue for 3+ months. So if it's not injury...what is it?
I got a media buddy in Philly and what he hears is Fultz has been getting lit up in practice by TJ McConnell and just about everyone else in the Sixers back court. Seems the team is reluctant to put him on display an in effect, reinforce what a gruesome mistake they made in last years' draft.
Serious when I tell you; Fultz should be thankful as hell the Eagles won the Super Bowl. Otherwise...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Shecky wrote:

I got a media buddy in Philly and what he hears is Fultz has been getting lit up in practice by TJ McConnell and just about everyone else in the Sixers back court. Seems the team is reluctant to put him on display an in effect, reinforce what a gruesome mistake they made in last years' draft.

If he's healthy, it doesn't make sense that they would be hiding him. He'll play eventually. There is obviously something very strange going on here and I don't know how anyone outside the organization can even begin to guess what it is at this point.

Ultimately, he'll play and we'll see if this is just some bump in the road that, over time, will be an amusing anecdote or something serious.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He’s talented but was clearly overrated last year. You’re the first Fultz guy I’ve seen to acknowledge you may have missed something so I applaud you. He was a top 5 talent leading into the draft without a doubt but the fascination with him got completely outta control. His team had zero good wins last year, that’s a red flag no matter how bad your teammates and coaches are. With that said, Romar is a really bad coach but his teammates were better than they were given credit for.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Man, I know it's early but colangelo got duped big time. Not only is he not playing but Tatum is up there for rook of the year and they get our pick this year.

If we are using Tatum as a n example, we could say we been duped too. Lonzo might turn out better then Tatum but as of right now Tatum gets the nod. Still, too early to tell.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He’s talented but was clearly overrated last year. You’re the first Fultz guy I’ve seen to acknowledge you may have missed something so I applaud you. He was a top 5 talent leading into the draft without a doubt but the fascination with him got completely outta control. His team had zero good wins last year, that’s a red flag no matter how bad your teammates and coaches are. With that said, Romar is a really bad coach but his teammates were better than they were given credit for.

You clearly personally dont like the kid, and has nothing to do with what is going on with him right now. If he never got hurt there is no doubt in my mind he would be better then Lonzo right now. Tatum crushes them both right now, sooo?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

You clearly personally dont like the kid, and has nothing to do with what is going on with him right now. If he never got hurt there is no doubt in my mind he would be better then Lonzo right now. Tatum crushes them both right now, sooo?

There’s a big doubt in my mind about that. I actually consider that a fairly ridiculous statement. He was ineffective in the few games he played in. As for Tatum, I’d take Ball but I love Tatum too. Wouldn’t say he “crushes” Ball. I think Lonzo is better in every aspect besides scoring and shooting.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

Tatum crushes Ball? LOL 😂
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/76ers-gm-theres-chance-markelle-fultz-not-going-play-year-164536974.html
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/76ers-gm-theres-chance-markelle-fultz-not-going-play-year-164536974.html

Seems like a trend with lotto picks on that team.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Damn. That's 3 out of 4 with the only healthy rookie being the one they wish never played.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Damn. That's 3 out of 4 with the only healthy rookie being the one they wish never played.

Strange for sure, but considering an old man like me could probably beat him in HORSE, maybe it makes sense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/959574710202724352

The comments pointed this out. Richaun Holmes in the background shooting freethrows with the same F'd up form that messed Fultz up.

Ya I noticed that earlier this year! Weird as hell. I think his form coming into the league was different
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

So was embid until he wasn’t
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

Just wow, looks like the old Clippers Rookie curse has moved onto the 76rs...

Embid misses most of his first two years

Simmons misses his first year

Fultz misses his first year

If I'm a rookie in the 2018 draft, no way I want the 76ers to pick me...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Interesting read on the Fultz situation.

PhillyVoice
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: