How Do You Feel About the Trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you love/hate the trade?
Loved it.
67%
 67%  [ 172 ]
Hated it.
8%
 8%  [ 21 ]
Too soon to tell.
24%
 24%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 255

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
I marked loved it, but it is still too early to tell. Still got to love this FO and their confidence.

They're rolling the dice and I'm good with it. I actually like IT but he will have to get it into another gear or he will have zero chance staying here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:
I marked loved it, but it is still too early to tell. Still got to love this FO and their confidence.

They're rolling the dice and I'm good with it. I actually like IT but he will have to get it into another gear or he will have zero chance staying here.

I'm pretty sure he will be a rental.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

The trade shook up the media and the NBA today. It put everyone on notice that the Lakers are serious and will do whatever it takes to make a comeback!

If Thomas ever regains his old form it's going to be double trouble for the NBA.

Kudos to the FO for being bold enough to make this move even when it seemed like staying put would be the best move.

They stepped outside the box and got it done. Magic and Rob aren't as clueless as some are led to believe.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Likely but let's allow our imaginations to run wild a second...revived from getting out of Cleveland he suddenly goes on a scoring tear and our squad goes 20-8 rest of way and squeaks into the playoffs...

PG rolls along and says hey man I'm coming. Isiah and lakers agree to a one year deal so they can both keep options open for 2019.

CAN YOU DIG IT?!?😀😎🤓
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Likely but let's allow our imaginations to run wild a second...revived from getting out of Cleveland he suddenly goes on a scoring tear and our squad goes 20-8 rest of way and squeaks into the playoffs...

PG rolls along and says hey man I'm coming. Isiah and lakers agree to a one year deal so they can both keep options open for 2019.

CAN YOU DIG IT?!?😀😎🤓

I CAN DIG IT!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The trade shook up the media and the NBA today. It put everyone on notice that the Lakers are serious and will do whatever it takes to make a comeback!

If Thomas ever regains his old form it's going to be double trouble for the NBA.

Kudos to the FO for being bold enough to make this move even when it seemed like staying put would be the best move.

They stepped outside the box and got it done. Magic and Rob aren't as clueless as some are led to believe.

It was a fantastic trade, and getting the pick out of it was gangsta, but it wasn’t actually out of the box. Emplay posited it a few days ago. Their ability to extract what they did was the outstanding part.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
We can sign one max next summer then punt the rest of the cap space until next summer. Getting rid of Nance, who would have a higher cap hold as an RFA in 2019, helps to facilitate that option of getting one max in 2018 and then another max guy in 2019. We could even go that route while retaining Randle if we can somehow manage to drop Deng.

Imagine PG in 2018 and then one of Leonard, Butler or Thompson in 2019?

If we sign 1 max this summer, then punting the remaining to next summer would be the wise move.

My fear is that if we won't sign anyone this summer, the FO punts all the space to next year again.

This is a great offseason to have cap-space and sign a lot of value contracts, which become trade assets too.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

it was a great trade because now we have all the choices open.even if we cant land a star, we can take heavy contracts from other teams and picks. We can live with dengs contract or trade him without giving a ton of assets. We can keep julius. But if we somehow manage to reach something like 35-38 wins, i think our biggest problem this summer will be the max or not max 2 or maybe 3 contracts along with randle but it a nice problem to have
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

As a fan I am little bit sad because LNJ was my favorite player.

From business standpoint I understand the trade perfectly. This trade is about cap space and getting pick. For me there is zero chance Frye and IT are coming back anyway. They cant make any harm in these 28 games.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
pio2u wrote:

It was a fantastic trade, and getting the pick out of it was gangsta, but it wasn’t actually out of the box. Emplay posited it a few days ago. Their ability to extract what they did was the outstanding part.

Getting that pick was the icing on the cake for us. Out of all the teams the Cavs dealt with, I felt like the Lakers were the only team who got one over. The cavs pulled off heists in the other trades.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

1 🤡 2 🤡 3 🤡 gone.
I love it. 😇
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetical question:
If the trade on the table had included Ingram instead of Nance, for the Nets' 1st (currently #8) instead of the Cavs' 1st (#25), who says no?

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1 🤡 2 🤡 3 🤡 gone.
I love it. 😇

Clown #3 was not clowning around this year. For the most part he was doing quite well and was improving. I liked that he played with a chip on his shoulder.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Hypothetical question:
If the trade on the table had included Ingram instead of Nance, for the Nets' 1st (currently #8) instead of the Cavs' 1st (#25), who says no?

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.

I'd say no. BI is a stud already and will become a star. He's a proven compared to an unknown.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.

No
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.

Too easy. NO.
Ingram is already really good player with the good possibility to become star or maybe even superstar one day. He is 20.
With the pick you can choose new Oden or Milicic. No thank you. Risk is too high.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yeah. The only surprising thing about it was they were able to get a first round pick. Everyone knew they were trying to move Clarkson for expirings and were willing to sweeten the deal with Nance.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.

Hell no
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

I'm ecstatic about the trade, never really liked JC (well not after his second year when it was obvious he would probably always be the same kind of player) even if I'd say he was OK for us, but I don't think he can have a major role on a championship team (it will be interesting to see how he does in the playoffs with LeBron), and even though I learned to appreciate Nance (I'm concerned about him in Cleveland, not sure how they'll use him), they were not a big part of what we're trying to build here, so dump JCs salary AND getting a 1st round pick in return. Don't think any of us really thought we could get that before the deadline. So it's A for me, become A++ if we land PG, A++++ if we got both PG and LeBron. I have a feeling Magic already has an agreement with PG, not sure about Bron...
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Clarkson
Ingram

for

Thomas
Frye
Nets' 1st

Just curious.

It's a no. If Ingram was available at the #8 pick for the 2018 draft, I would happily take him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

CAN YOU DIG IT?!?😀😎🤓

I CAN DIG IT!

chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

It was good trade and accomplished a lot of our goals. I would've loved to see IT flipped again for another asset since he is not part of the long terms plans. Would've been great just to get another 1st rounder out of him.
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Horrific trade where we got absolutely nothing in return for the loss of JC and Nance. People are all about the cap space but last time I checked we cannot lure anyone to this team. So saying we get to max player in (bleep) 2019 or 2020....it is a pipe dream.

The reality is that you need to have talent first and we had a ton of talent on this team prior to the trade. If I were a laker I would feel zero (bleep) confidence as we just blew up what we had going for (bleep) players in return.

Do we need a draft pick? No.
We have several invested picks already so we took someone worth a first rounder in JC and basically have to hope we can pick that well again. Nance is a guy you bring off the bench who electrifies the floor. We don't have that now.

I (bleep) hate this trade and we are going to be screwed for another 2-3 years because of it.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

CAN YOU DIG IT?!?😀😎🤓

I CAN DIG IT!

💯
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:
Horrific trade where we got absolutely nothing in return for the loss of JC and Nance. People are all about the cap space but last time I checked we cannot lure anyone to this team. So saying we get to max player in (bleep) 2019 or 2020....it is a pipe dream.

The reality is that you need to have talent first and we had a ton of talent on this team prior to the trade. If I were a laker I would feel zero (bleep) confidence as we just blew up what we had going for (bleep) players in return.

Do we need a draft pick? No.
We have several invested picks already so we took someone worth a first rounder in JC and basically have to hope we can pick that well again. Nance is a guy you bring off the bench who electrifies the floor. We don't have that now.

I (bleep) hate this trade and we are going to be screwed for another 2-3 years because of it.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: