OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 946, 947, 948 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject:

There you go, kid
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
He isn't the prototypical point guard, but he has been really, really good. It's like his vision and passing went to a completely different level.

It's like he's actually improving as he gets more experience. Some of the takes in here made it seem like he was already supposed to be a finished product.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
mookielala wrote:
He isn't the prototypical point guard, but he has been really, really good. It's like his vision and passing went to a completely different level.

It's like he's actually improving as he gets more experience. Some of the takes in here made it seem like he was already supposed to be a finished product.

Yeah, that's unrealistic but imagine BI at age 22
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Per 36 Minute Comparison of Rookie Ingram v. Ingram Now:
Ingram (Age 19): 11.7 PPG (47.4% TS), 5.0 RPG (7.6%), 2.6 APG (10.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.6 BLK (1.3%)
Ingram (Age 20): 16.9 PPG (52.5% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 3.9 APG (16.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.7 BLK (1.7%)

He's really just become a more efficient shooter, albeit still below league average, and his assists have obviously gone up. I'd like to see his rebounds and defensive numbers improve more though.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Another step up: he wasn't reluctant to shoot 3s last night, and they went in. He's at 36.9% now on 3s, second best percentage to Hart.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Per 36 Minute Comparison of Rookie Ingram v. Ingram Now:
Ingram (Age 19): 11.7 PPG (47.4% TS), 5.0 RPG (7.6%), 2.6 APG (10.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.6 BLK (1.3%)
Ingram (Age 20): 16.9 PPG (52.5% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 3.9 APG (16.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.7 BLK (1.7%)

He's really just become a more efficient shooter, albeit still below league average, and his assists have obviously gone up. I'd like to see his rebounds and defensive numbers improve more though.

If he keeps improving, as expected, he could become an all-star in 3 or 4 years.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe he originally played point guard up until he had a ridiculous growth spurt. I remember reading something back when he was in duke regarding that.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

I mean... Dante Exum to Tayshaun Prince to... Scottie Pippen? Sure, why not?

I can't think of a more appropriate use for the confused Larry David gif: https://media.giphy.com/media/v0eHX3n28wvoQ/giphy.gif

In all seriousness, Pippen was a franchise talent without MJ, although the rest of his career was relatively dismal due to injuries and migraines.

The MVP voting in the years w/out Jordan was really representative of how much of a beast and all-around player Pippen was:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_1994.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_1995.html

And these are not bums he finished over. That's Shaq and Ewing.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Another step up: he wasn't reluctant to shoot 3s last night, and they went in. He's at 36.9% now on 3s, second best percentage to Hart.

Amazing! and this is after he re-worked his shot in the offseason and struggled early on.

I knew he was a good shooter all along, I never doubted. BI is relentless. He is humble and he just works. When he is 22 league watch out. DO NOT TRADE BI.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
tox wrote:
defense wrote:
Rookie year

points 9.4
rebounds 4
assists 2.1
blocks .5
steals .6
FG .402
3FG .294
FT .621

This season (So far)

points 15.9
rebounds 5.4
assists 3.7
blocks .7
steals .8
FG .455
3FG .350
FT .679

Improvements across the board in only 4 more minutes a game. If he makes another jump like this next season we are talking about a great player. I would like to see him get better fundamentally on defense. Maybe get his block/steals to above 1. Over all I'm happy with him and remind myself he's only 20 years old still.

Nice improvements. Think that undersells his defensive improvement too.

Remember people complaining about Magic putting too much pressure on BI for saying he should average 15-20 points a game?

It was twenty, not 15-20

He said 15-20. I was watching on Spectrum. Its up to the fans whether they want to use the 15-20 or the "he could score 20". I think any sensible person wouldn't take the "he's going to score 20" seriously.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

I think BI's more well-rounded game resurgence will be helpful if a guy like PG13 and/or another big star join us.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Regarding the question Barkley asked yesterday, I think BI will be the first of our young core to reach all-star level. Kuz and Zo both have the potential and hope to see them realize it as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

If we get 2 max FAs, will be tough for BI IMO to get that all star nod. Without max FAs, not sure either.

But he's so young so he has time.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If we get 2 max FAs, will be tough for BI IMO to get that all star nod. Without max FAs, not sure either.

Yeah, that's a good point. Must rely on the voting power of Lakers fandom!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Nah, we will vote for an entire Laker lineup
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Iggest revelation to me is that even though he’s technically playing pg, he’s really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but he’s playing some beautiful team ball right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good point. Must rely on the voting power of Lakers fandom!

Fan votes only count for a % of the entire all star votes. That's how Kuz/Lonzo made top 10 thanks to fan voting.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Iggest revelation to me is that even though he’s technically playing pg, he’s really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but he’s playing some beautiful team ball right now.

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...it’s clear he is not that type of player.

Great to see him thrive within flow of offense.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Agreed, I was concerned as well. It seems that Luke's coaching on teamwork is rubbing off on BI, nice to see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

YASS. From my man Jonathan Tjarks:

Quote:
has a great feel for the game for a younger player and the ability to pick apart a defense off the dribble. Ingram has legitimate point-forward ability:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/9/16993588/lakers-trade-deadline-lebron-james-paul-george
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...it’s clear he is not that type of player.

It's been beautiful.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

That's what I've noticed the most. He's getting assists, but is from ball pounding or over use of a high screen and roll. He's just running the offense and getting assists through the flow and finding guys whein places he would have missed hem earlier in the year. Saw a play early on last night(I think) where he drove the rbasket and I expected a wild co tested layup against Adams but instead he found Hart open in the corner for three.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.

I was/am. They crushed the draft and they crushed the trade deadline. Here's the pod I released about an hour ago, if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That's what I've noticed the most. He's getting assists, but is from ball pounding or over use of a high screen and roll. He's just running the offense and getting assists through the flow and finding guys whein places he would have missed hem earlier in the year. Saw a play early on last night(I think) where he drove the rbasket and I expected a wild co tested layup against Adams but instead he found Hart open in the corner for three.

This has done wonders for his scoring efficiency too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 946, 947, 948 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 947 of 1885
Jump to: