OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 867, 868, 869 ... 1196, 1197, 1198  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
24ways2die
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Take his time and get completely healthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23058

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo not playing Saturday since no practice tomorrow
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 1209
Location: Babylon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo not playing Saturday since no practice tomorrow


imu zo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5856

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/962178245184577537
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23058

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/962178245184577537


Stay out the studio. Stay in the gym!
Sincerely,
Shaq
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23058

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Lonzo looking spry in shoot around.
It's looking like he'll be back for Wednesday's game. But we'll see.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57228

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

@LakersReporter

Quote:
Lonzo Ball has progressed to doing drills at full speed and hasn’t had any set backs. Next step is to do drills with some contact from asst. coach Miles Simon. After that, practice w/rest of team.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10850

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@LakersReporter

Quote:
Lonzo Ball has progressed to doing drills at full speed and hasn’t had any set backs. Next step is to do drills with some contact from asst. coach Miles Simon. After that, practice w/rest of team.


That trade and text sped things up lol
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7850

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
@LakersReporter

Quote:
Lonzo Ball has progressed to doing drills at full speed and hasn’t had any set backs. Next step is to do drills with some contact from asst. coach Miles Simon. After that, practice w/rest of team.


That trade and text sped things up lol


the album is done...

Lonzo Ball announces future album release on Twitter
Lonzo Ball is going to be the latest athlete to put out a music album

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lonzo-ball-announces-future-album-release-on-twitter/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2519

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

If Lonzo comes back Wednesday, does he start or do we ease him in with limited minutes off the bench?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28335

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
If Lonzo comes back Wednesday, does he start or do we ease him in with limited minutes off the bench?


He could start and we could still ease him in with limited minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2005
Posts: 3332

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Hurry bruh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14365

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Groundbreaking all star game in LA next week, dropped an album before all star game, and NOW hes healthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23058

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Wednesday baby
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 28474
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Miss you Lonzo. Now we have a 5’8” defensive liability
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


Everyone knows Lonzo has been a great defender this year.

Or people who actually watch the games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20549
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I can’t wait to have him back, if he comes back with a new mentality we just might end up going on a nice little run to close the season, I honestly think that 9 game losing streak will be the calling card once this season concludes just way to many games to lose especially when we needed to gain ground.... at this juncture I just want to see the team play well and let the results take care of itself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 36095
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.


The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 28474
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.


The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.


Where does that narrative even come from in the first place? Was he a bad defender during college or something? How is his lateral quickness?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2519

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I can’t wait to have him back, if he comes back with a new mentality we just might end up going on a nice little run to close the season, I honestly think that 9 game losing streak will be the calling card once this season concludes just way to many games to lose especially when we needed to gain ground.... at this juncture I just want to see the team play well and let the results take care of itself


Agreed. I was extra-disappointed tonight because I started thinking about a very improbable playoff run, but the main thing is just to keep improving. We are starting to outperform expectations, but we can't expect too much too soon. If we can re-integrate Lonzo and play great ball after ASB, that is great progress.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.


The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.


Where does that narrative even come from in the first place? Was he a bad defender during college or something? How is his lateral quickness?


No he was not a bad defender. He was a very good defender, but he was out there with a couple terrible defenders (Alford and Hamilton) and they mostly ran a zone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13292

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?


No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.


The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.


Where does that narrative even come from in the first place? Was he a bad defender during college or something? How is his lateral quickness?


No he was not a bad defender. He was a very good defender, but he was out there with a couple terrible defenders (Alford and Hamilton) and they mostly ran a zone.


More than a couple bad defenders. Add Welsh and Leaf to that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5856

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Was going to put this in general discussion, but there is more traffic here and it’s pertinent to Lonzo:

https://twitter.com/urbodo/status/963142648348409857
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 867, 868, 869 ... 1196, 1197, 1198  Next
Page 868 of 1198
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB