OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 967, 968, 969 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
If any of you are interested in Darius and my thoughts on the trade...

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland

Listening now!

Looking forward to getting home to listen to it. I was out of podcasts on my rotation for my late night routine.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys think we'd be better off getting PG13 and offering Boogie a 2 year 40 million contract instead of paying Mercenary LeBron 35M a year? If boogie can at least get back to being a 15ppg player I think he'd be worth the price tag.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Do you guys think we'd be better off getting PG13 and offering Boogie a 2 year 40 million contract instead of paying Mercenary LeBron 35M a year? If boogie can at least get back to being a 15ppg player I think he'd be worth the price tag.

Not just that but IT could be fully healthy and think that would be a nice big 3 to have. Not to mention getting rid of Deng to have enough for Julius.

I could live with that instead of LeBron only because it's more talent. LeBron's number will kill all flexibility.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
I'm curious, because I often read here some people who thought we should have traded Ingram for PG when we had the chance last summer (and I can respect this opinion even if I completely disagree), do you still feel the same ? Do you still think it was not worth the risk to wait for this summer ?

The reason GSW is hard to beat as has been said before is because they have four all stars and if one or two has an off night... the other two or three will carry the slack. Even if they pulled off the Kawhi/PG/LeBron plan as some have suggested... if you have no bench it will be difficult to beat GSW or even Boston once Hayward comes back.

Our team will soon be better than teams like OKC because we have a lot of good talent... even if not yet superstar talent. Boston beat the Lakers with West Baylor Chamberlain, because they had 7 good players who all scored in double figures but no one scored 30 like the Lakers did.

It gives me a headache to see plans where almost every youngster is shipped out for a three man super team. That team won't do sh*t... and if you don't win a championship during LeBron's three year window then it's back to the dark ages again instead of having ten years with Ball/Kuzma/Randle/Ingram.

I agree, but I am not as afraid as some here are about LeBron joining the Lakers, thinking that he'll ask for all the team to be traded to add quality vet. I mean the Lakers are not "desperate" to land LeBron, sure that's the goal, but if this summer is "only" PG, there's still next summer with Klay and Leonard, so if LeBron wants to come here, I'm pretty confident the FO will tell him : you come, but we're still in charge, and we won't dump Zo or Ingram just to please you. Or maybe I'm blind and overly optimistic...

I think that IF Lebron decides to come here it will be because he thinks we have some solid pieces and are only a man or two away from winning. The man knows that no matter what, getting through SF will take some luck. Injuries going our way, etc.

I doubt at his age, that he is going to go anywhere that he feels need to completely rebuild around him. That would be a stupid waste of his time. He maybe has 3 to 4 years left at the top of his game. Not enough time to rebuild.

Truth is, what nobody wants you to believe, the Lakers have done this the right way. They have assembled some solid youthful pieces that you can build a team around. They have a good shot at a couple of guys panning out and becoming stars in this league along with a few more exceptional role players. Add a couple of solid vets, we are competing right away and getting better as we go.

All this and we have the most cap room in the NBA. What is not to like here folks?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

I honestly believe Lebron will fit in with our system. He is a guy who likes to dish too. He will get a ton of assists on our team. Lebron, Randle and Ingram front line???? Two immovable objects who all like to pass!
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't think LeBron comes here even if we get PG. Probz ring chasing with the Rox. Here's my ideal scenario:

1) sign PG to MAX
2) resign Randle to 4 year $56mill
3) sign Lopez OR Nerlens Noel to 3 year, $33mill contract (2nd year PO, 3rd year TO)
4) offer IT MLE, let him walk if he gets a better deal elsewhere

Our lineup will be similar to:

Randle/ Noel OR BroLo /Zubac
Kuzma/ Noel / T.Bryant /Deng
BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

We would be playoff competitive in the short term (maybe more depending on development) and not cap strapped. Deng's contract falling off in 2020 would very importantly allow us to go for Davis in 2020 or to GO ALL IN FOR GIANNIS ANTETOKOMPOUNO IN 2021 when all our guys are hitting stride!!!
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
I don't think LeBron comes here even if we get PG. Probz ring chasing with the Rox. Here's my ideal scenario:

1) sign PG to MAX
3) sign Lopez OR Nerlens Noel to 3 year, $33mill contract (2nd year PO, 3rd year TO)

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

We would be playoff competitive in the short term (maybe more depending on development) and not cap strapped. Deng's contract falling off in 2020 would very importantly allow us to go for Davis in 2020 or to GO ALL IN FOR GIANNIS ANTETOKOMPOUNO IN 2021 when all our guys are hitting stride!!!

No backup point guard, sounds like a great plan.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

I’m still on the Boogie Train, despite his Achilles tear. Obviously not for He max but, he is what we need for this team. 2 years, 40 mil, sounds about right. Or maybe 2 years, 30 mil, player option on the second year. That way he has an incentive to come back and play and get a max deal after he proves that he’s healthy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Stay away from Boogie. That Achilles injury was the nail in the coffin for me.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Ahahaha, the Thunder role players are “more ready.” What a (bleep) joke. Man, people will die on whatever hill they can find to pretend this team is trash and that the “super teams” they are trying to sell to casual fans are actually “super,” instead of just a Frankenstein’s monster of mismatched talent, collapsing stars, and never-has-been-never-will-be’s.

You watch, when we finally get a superstar these same people will be saying how unfair it was to for the league to let us amass our cap space and sign superstars. They will say we were right on the verge anyways and should not have been able to sign anyone!! Just watch!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
we have 28 games remaining. with IT/Frye added, can we go 18-10?

if we do, we end up 41-41. that would be amazing

Well, we just went 12-4!
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Some people just don’t learn...
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

BI has been STARTING at point guard to great success. Why can't he be the backup point? Even last year, many of his best games were when he was running point.

Kinda a moot point btw since we have guys at every position that can bring the ball up the court. Obviously, their minutes are going to be slightly staggered. Plus there's always guys like Caruso that can be had for cheap
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
we have 28 games remaining. with IT/Frye added, can we go 18-10?

if we do, we end up 41-41. that would be amazing

Well, we just went 12-4!

If Thomas plays better here than he did with the Cavs, which isn’t too difficult of a task, we could very well make the 8th seed.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

BizLA wrote:
32 wrote:

Boogie was my #1 target to become a Laker player, but no more. Too risky with this injury.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

BizLA wrote:
32 wrote:

If he ever gets back to his old form, probably will take all of the 2018-19 season. But then again, it's not like Boogie has to be nimble to be effective. I don't recall a big who had an Achilles injury. Interested to see what that looks like when said player comes back.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

I’m still on the Boogie Train, despite his Achilles tear. Obviously not for He max but, he is what we need for this team. 2 years, 40 mil, sounds about right. Or maybe 2 years, 30 mil, player option on the second year. That way he has an incentive to come back and play and get a max deal after he proves that he’s healthy.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

BI has been STARTING at point guard to great success. Why can't he be the backup point? Even last year, many of his best games were when he was running point.

Kinda a moot point btw since we have guys at every position that can bring the ball up the court. Obviously, their minutes are going to be slightly staggered. Plus there's always guys like Caruso that can be had for cheap

So let’s just play Ingram 48 minutes a game...got you.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

Yup. Exactly what I said. Good job
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

We will need a decent back up point guard it’s that simple.

Someone that can play. Not Caruso, not Ennis.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

Which is why I would want BI backing up point. He excels at it. He can split time between his starting forward position and backup point. We have shown that we can roll with something like:

Lopez/Noel
Randle
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

for extended periods of time. This lineup is a nightmare matchup for most teams in the league on either side of the ball.

I would personally like a good backup point to be signed, but not really sure who is ideal to fit that role with our personnel as of now. There are a lot of question marks around IT. If he can be had for MLE-type money and is not a locker room cancer, absolutely worth bringing back IMO. However, I expect some other teams to throw crazy money at him and that he'll move on.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

None of the new Cavs are playing tonight.. maybe the only way they lose to the Hawks.. they have 5-6 active guys who are legit NBA players. The rest are "who he play for" guys
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Everyone assumes KCP is going to be gone after this season. But, if LeBron really does come here, I wouldn't be surprised if Lakers re-sign KCP since he has the same agent as LeBron. Same way J.R. Smith & Tristan Thompson got paid (AKA the LeBron tax) with the Cav's, I wouldn't completely rule out KCP being back and getting paid here as a back-up.

Exactly why I don't want Lebron. Too much baggage. Magic would indeed let him run the franchise and get his scrub buddies paid. We'd end up with James Jones and Kendrick Perkins taking up roster slots. No. Just no.

Any such deals should be made where we would have the option to cut KCP if LeBron ever left. I could live with signing KCP if that was the price of signing LeBron but I could not deal with getting stuck with him after LeBron felt like he wanted to leave again.

As I've said before, I want LeBron the player but not the GM. Seeing as that plan might already be put in motion though, I'm fine with KCP as long as we don't get stuck with him. I also fear they may give KCP Randle's spot and sign Paul George. This would be good for the team... but as a fan I'd have a bitter taste in my mouth if that ends up being the case.

Also, have a sneaky feeling that Nerlens Noel is going to be taking Randle's spot in the offseason as well if Bron comes. Even though Randle has earned and played himself into Lakers future imo. But, Lakers already have Kuzma, so that would make up for Randle signing elsewhere. So, if Lakers really do sign LeBron, watch for Noel and potentially KCP re-signing here as well since they are signed to Klutch Sports. LeBron is an all time great, but with his stature, once he is on your team, he runs the team essentially.

Noel seems like a huge risk... I get that we need rim protection but Randle beats him in every other way. Maybe Randle should just change to their agency, then they might not f*ck him over.

Noel hasn't done anything at all this year, but when motivated in his first 4 seasons, he is really good on defense, can rim protect and guard on switches from the pick n roll. On offense, he doesn't do much but easy points in the paint off lobs. So, his game does fit with LeBron. Noel should be had for cheap for phoning it in Dallas, but might get a long term here just due to his agent. Just sucks that one of the players that Laker fans consider "one of ours" in Randle since he was drafted and we've seen him grow and develop might be gone due to the politics of the agent game than his basketball game. Also, why if Lakers do get LeBron, don't get attached too much to any of the young players because getting LeBron will lead to win now moves to try to beat the Warriors imo.

Principle aside... if you had to take Randle or Noel... based on expected cost and performance... who would you take?

This summer with other teams lacking cap space, Randle's market looks to be somewhere in the 10-12 million a year market I think for this upcoming free agency. Maybe 15 million at the most, but think teams are going to be wary on overspending due to the 2016 spending spree, also have to see what Aaron Gordon will get paid as well for comparison for how much Randle will get paid. Due to the 2016 offseason, thought he was going to be be paid 18-20 million due to that salary cap spike and him showing improvements last year.

Randle is just a better basketball player at this stage than Noel. Randle will be a bargain for what he will get paid imo due to the lack of cap space. I would go with Randle, but Noel will get you those blocks and steals, and potentially able to anchor a defense and with a really good team can be valuable. Randle will get paid more than Noel more than likely, so if Lakers don't want to pay Randle and can get Noel for less, that would make some sense. Randle looks like he can be an All-Star player in the league so he has the higher ceiling, but at the end of the day it's a business. Ideally I'd want the Lakers to sign with Paul George and have him play in a lineup like Ball, George, Ingram, Kuzma, & Randle. But, he will want to play with another star, so if they go that LeBron & PG route, you gotta do it.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

1) sign PG to MAX

BI/ Hart /pick
PG/ Hart
Lonzo/ BI

Which is why I would want BI backing up point. He excels at it. He can split time between his starting forward position and backup point. We have shown that we can roll with something like:

Lopez/Noel
Randle
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

for extended periods of time. This lineup is a nightmare matchup for most teams in the league on either side of the ball.

I would personally like a good backup point to be signed, but not really sure who is ideal to fit that role with our personnel as of now. There are a lot of question marks around IT. If he can be had for MLE-type money and is not a locker room cancer, absolutely worth bringing back IMO. However, I expect some other teams to throw crazy money at him and that he'll move on.

You really want Lonzo Ball, as the only point guard on the entire roster?

E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

Wino wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

I honestly believe Lebron will fit in with our system. He is a guy who likes to dish too. He will get a ton of assists on our team. Lebron, Randle and Ingram front line???? Two immovable objects who all like to pass!
I'm sure LeBron will fit perfect in this system. The problem I have is he is going to be in his 16th season and sooner than later he's going to want that last paycheck where he's going to want 5 years at 30 mil each.

I'd prefer to give Randle 16 each year for 5years. Pecking order would be PG-BI-Boogie-JR-Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 967, 968, 969 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 968 of 2680
Jump to: