LA Lakers Take a Big Step Toward Building a Superteam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: LA Lakers Take a Big Step Toward Building a Superteam

Hey all,

Latest at @BleacherReport LA Lakers Take a Big Step Toward Building a Superteam ... I run the math for a variety of summer scenarios http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758565-la-lakers-take-a-big-step-toward-building-a-superteam

Cheers,

EP

Also: A quick @hollywood_hoops Laid Back Reaction from the road w/@JoshMartinNBA presented by @HighfiveHQ Lakers' Trade with Cavaliers Sets up L.A. for LeBron, George?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPuh0yM5II

Last edited by emplay on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Hoping Randle is included in our future plans
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Great article. Lets say the Lakers sign the two max guys. They could then trade Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and the Cavs pick to San Antonio for Leonard. The Lakers would be just under 101 million if that.

PF-James
SF-Leonard
C-Lopez (room exception?)
PG-Ball
SG-George

All the bench players would have to be minimum contracts though.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Probably rather have Ingram, Kuzma and hart
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Emplay... this summer could be a big momentum changer if all goes well... we will be back to contending for titles
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

scoobs wrote:
Great article. Lets say the Lakers sign the two max guys. They could then trade Deng, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and the Cavs pick to San Antonio for Leonard. The Lakers would be just under 101 million if that.

PF-James
SF-Leonard
C-Lopez (room exception?)
PG-Ball
SG-George

All the bench players would have to be minimum contracts though.

I'd be "okay" Ruth giving up either Kuz or BI for Leonard but not both. Clear out cap space the following year and do a sign and trade or something.

I'm fine having a BIG TWO anyways. PG would be the third wheel again and not sure he'd be down with that.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

I was waiting for the Pincus Perspective- thanks man!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

My ideal is PG13 and then Klay or Kawhi but two things might make that unrealistic:

1. PG13 wants Lebron onboard or vice versa (i.e., packaged deal or neither will come)

2. Less chance that Klay and Kawhi make it to FA. I could see Kawhi, like Duncan, spending his entire career in SA. I also think GSW is probably choosing Klay over Draymond.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Great article, the 2-max strategy is alive and well. We can't know how it will turn out; but we will either end up with 0, 1 or 2 max free agents.

If zero max (meaning neither PG or LBJ) come here, I think we ask Lopez and possibly IT (if he shows improvement) to sign 1 year deals, similar to the type KCP did last year. I sort of doubt under any of the scenarios that KCP gets asked back, I think he will get a more lucrative offer someplace else, and I think he is the least likely asked back. Under the zero FA premise I think Randle gets offered either a 3-4 year deal at $12-15 million, or possibly a 1 year KCP like deal as well. Deng stays where he is, no urgency to move him.

If 1 max, and if it's PG, which I think is the most likely of the two, I think IT is likely gone, as the backcourt will be Ball/PG and BI at sf. Lopez is offered the 1 year deal again, and Randle gets offered again the choice of a multiyear midrange deal or 1 higher paid 1 year deal. Keeping the options open, and Deng not looked at to be traded or bought out till the trading deadline or end of the season.

If it is a 1 max and LBJ is the taker, I think that shifts the thinking somewhat. IT might have a better chance of staying here with a backcourt of IT/Ball and BI again at sf. Then Randle has to decide if he is willing to be the sixth man as reserve PF and small ball center. Or Randle becomes center and they let Lopez go. I think in the LBJ scenario, is the most likely that Lopez would agree to resign on a short deal, to play with a winner and get paid the following year. A LBJ only I think is the highest chance that Randle doesn't resign with us. Again, no urgency on Deng until the end of the season.

If both LBJ and PG come here in the glorious vision of the 2 max plan, IT is gone almost for certain, Randle is signed to be the long term center (maybe 1 year and then a new contract higher next year when we can afford it.) Deng is shipped out one way or the other, traded with 2 #1's if that is what it takes.

Last edited by waterman40 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Great article, the 2-max strategy is alive and well. We can't know how it will turn out; but we will either end up with 0, 1 or 2 max free agents.

If zero max (meaning neither PG or LBJ) come here, I think we ask Lopez and possibly Terry (if he shows improvement) to sign 1 year deals, similar to the type KCP did last year. I sort of doubt under any of the scenarios that KCP gets asked back, I think he will get a more lucrative offer someplace else, and I think he is the least likely asked back. Under the zero FA premise I think Randle gets offered either a 3-4 year deal at $12-15 million, or possibly a 1 year KCP like deal as well. Deng stays where he is, no urgency to move him.

If 1 max, and if it's PG, which I think is the most likely of the two, I think Terry is likely gone, as the backcourt will be Ball/PG and BI at sf. Lopez is offered the 1 year deal again, and Randle gets offered again the choice of a multiyear midrange deal or 1 higher paid 1 year deal. Keeping the options open, and Deng not looked at to be traded or bought out till the trading deadline or end of the season.

If it is a 1 max and LBJ is the taker, I think that shifts the thinking somewhat. Terry might have a better chance of staying here with a backcourt of Terry/Ball and BI again at sf. Then Randle has to decide if he is willing to be the sixth man as reserve PF and small ball center. Or Randle becomes center and they let Lopez go. I think in the LBJ scenario, is the most likely that Lopez would agree to resign on a short deal, to play with a winner and get paid the following year. A LBJ only I think is the highest chance that Randle doesn't resign with us. Again, no urgency on Deng until the end of the season.

If both LBJ and PG come here in the glorious vision of the 2 max plan, Terry is gone almost for certain, Randle is signed to be the long term center (maybe 1 year and then a new contract higher next year when we can afford it.) Deng is shipped out one way or the other, traded with 2 #1's if that is what it takes.

One quesion ... who is Terry?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

If zero max (meaning neither PG or LBJ) come here, I think we ask Lopez and possibly IT (if he shows improvement) to sign 1 year deals, similar to the type KCP did last year. I sort of doubt under any of the scenarios that KCP gets asked back, I think he will get a more lucrative offer someplace else, and I think he is the least likely asked back. Under the zero FA premise I think Randle gets offered either a 3-4 year deal at $12-15 million, or possibly a 1 year KCP like deal as well. Deng stays where he is, no urgency to move him.

If 1 max, and if it's PG, which I think is the most likely of the two, I think IT is likely gone, as the backcourt will be Ball/PG and BI at sf. Lopez is offered the 1 year deal again, and Randle gets offered again the choice of a multiyear midrange deal or 1 higher paid 1 year deal. Keeping the options open, and Deng not looked at to be traded or bought out till the trading deadline or end of the season.

If it is a 1 max and LBJ is the taker, I think that shifts the thinking somewhat. IT might have a better chance of staying here with a backcourt of IT/Ball and BI again at sf. Then Randle has to decide if he is willing to be the sixth man as reserve PF and small ball center. Or Randle becomes center and they let Lopez go. I think in the LBJ scenario, is the most likely that Lopez would agree to resign on a short deal, to play with a winner and get paid the following year. A LBJ only I think is the highest chance that Randle doesn't resign with us. Again, no urgency on Deng until the end of the season.

If both LBJ and PG come here in the glorious vision of the 2 max plan, IT is gone almost for certain, Randle is signed to be the long term center (maybe 1 year and then a new contract higher next year when we can afford it.) Deng is shipped out one way or the other, traded with 2 #1's if that is what it takes.

I mean IT. Sorry he reminds me a lot of the Dallas PG of years past Terry.
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Cavs will match anything we throw out there and we are not getting George either. We are going to have a (bleep) ton of cap space an zero interest. We are going to end up picking up Carmlo Anthony, Wade, and maybe if we are lucky, Resign Deng and Bogot. I have zero faith in this team to land anyone.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Another option is to keep the band together one more year, by offering Randle, Lopez and IT big money ONE year contracts and then save the Cap space for 2019...!

The biggest problem with OKC is that they dumped their entire bench to sign their "Big 3" and you can see how horrible they are when the bench comes in, they flounder and lose leads, even last week when the Lakers bet them at home, with their "Big 3" playing.

IF the Lakers got PG & LeBron, at the price of dumping Lopez, Nance and Randle, they will be in the same (sinking) boat.. First, they need to figure a way to keep Randle and then figure out a way to keep Lopez...
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:
Cavs will match anything we throw out there and we are not getting George either. We are going to have a (bleep) ton of cap space an zero interest. We are going to end up picking up Carmlo Anthony, Wade, and maybe if we are lucky, Resign Deng and Bogot. I have zero faith in this team to land anyone.

If LeBron leaves Cleveland, it's not because of the money.
Matajotos
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:

This dude must be sending messages from a nut house.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
L4L4K3RS wrote:

If LeBron leaves Cleveland, it's not because of the money.

G.Hill/J.Clarkson vs L.Ball/A.Caruso*
R.Hood/JR.Smith vs P.George/J.Hart
C.Osman vs B.Ingram
K.Love/J.Green vs J.Randle/K.Kuzma
T.Thompson/L.Nance vs B.Lopez/I.Zubac*
Nets 1st vs Cavs 1st

I think Lakers has the better squad
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Ugh Maginka better not get crass and pawn off the rest of the kids for a broken down Leonard, much rather go after Unibrow for the mere fact he'd go to Boston if we sit by. Looks to be destined after the Warriors devolve, the Lakers and Celtics will become the dominant super teams for many years as it should be.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

T
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I mean IT. Sorry he reminds me a lot of the Dallas PG of years past Terry.

My understanding is there is absolutely no way LeBron comes if IT stays. Although I would be very surprised if IT stays beyond the next 9 weeks or so. IF that long.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Agree - even recognizing how great a player Kawahi is

Klay and the rest of the Warriors will stay together until they burn out from having consecutive long seasons.

PG13 will probably stay because OKC has more immediate opportunities to win a ring with Westbrook (albeit the Warriors are still better)

If LeBron comes to LA, will it be a "One and Done" deal and how helpful will that be? Which available FA will LBJ bring with him?

With most of the NBA teams not having available cap space this summer, what is the next summer market price for Randle? Hopefully the FO and Randle will come with a mutually agreeable terms and conditions.

If the draft is very important, who will they pick from potential draft choices
https://www.si.com/nba/nba-draft-2018-prospect-rankings-big-board

Eric - enjoyed your appearance on TV!!!!
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I think the Clarkson-Nance trade was great. Would have been even better had they been able to package Thomas, Deng and the #1 pick!

In the offseason, I would like the lakers to try to package the #1 and possbily a future #1 or 2 with Deng. With only 2 years left, someone might well be willing to take him to get a couple picks. That way, we can resign Randle who is playing great now.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
T

You're right...!
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Matajotos wrote:
L4L4K3RS wrote:

lol
9 posts say it all
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Matajotos wrote:
L4L4K3RS wrote:

lol
9 posts say it all

Prob a Cavs fan... enjoy:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: