OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 947, 948, 949 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Iggest revelation to me is that even though he’s technically playing pg, he’s really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but he’s playing some beautiful team ball right now.

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...it’s clear he is not that type of player.

Great to see him thrive within flow of offense.

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.

I was/am. They crushed the draft and they crushed the trade deadline. Here's the pod I released about an hour ago, if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland

The real question is: will VLF finally give a little bit of credit to Maginka when he is off suspension?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Iggest revelation to me is that even though he’s technically playing pg, he’s really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but he’s playing some beautiful team ball right now.

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...it’s clear he is not that type of player.

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.

I was/am. They crushed the draft and they crushed the trade deadline. Here's the pod I released about an hour ago, if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland

It's great to hear all of us who were hesitant (at best) to livid (at worst) with the Jeannie/Maginka takeover begin to see the plan starting to take form. It seems that there's an air (among the remaining young players) of freedom in their play and in just the atmosphere surrounding the team's potential and outlook around the league. Feels like the tide is turning and, in retrospect, started--albeit too slow for most of us--and is now gaining some traction from the realm of reality rather than what a lot of us were fearing prior to this.

You guys capture the fan's POV perfectly.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

This has done wonders for his scoring efficiency too.

And the FT's are dropping now too. Damn. Nearly brings tears to my eyes.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

The real question is: will VLF finally give a little bit of credit to Maginka when he is off suspension?

VLF got tossed in the clink again? LOL. Dude don't give af
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
It's great to hear all of us who were hesitant (at best) to livid (at worst) with the Jeannie/Maginka takeover begin to see the plan starting to take form. It seems that there's an air (among the remaining young players) of freedom in their play and in just the atmosphere surrounding the team's potential and outlook around the league. Feels like the tide is turning and, in retrospect, started--albeit too slow for most of us--and is now gaining some traction from the realm of reality rather than what a lot of us were fearing prior to this.

You guys capture the fan's POV perfectly.

I didn't like the process by which they were hired, and I didn't like the Russell trade, but I didn't kill them for it because they always deserved a chance to execute their vision. They've had some missteps along the way - which ironically have been more PR related than basketball related - but there's a clear, cogent course that they're on.

That said, they haven't completely executed that plan yet, but it's impossible to have done that by now. They've taken all of the steps that they could have taken by now though, and deserve a lot of credit for that.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

VLF got tossed in the clink again? LOL. Dude don't give af

I'm shocked how he hasn't been perma banned yet. I've seen others on here get perma banned for less than he's done over the course of his LG career.

I'm loving the way Ingram has been playing lately. He's letting the offense come to him instead of forcing the issue. His decision making is becoming incredible. Once he gets his man body we will have ourselves a franchise changer.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I kind of view Ingram's years here like a high school player. Freshman year here he was completely underdeveloped physically and not ready to play well. Sophomore year he's up/down but he's the sophomore phenom. Year 4-5 we're guna see a completely different body and skill refinement. Right now he's just exceeding expectations for a lil Sophomore kid, who everyone knows is gunna be a superstud in a couple years.
That's my physically underdeveloped metaphor
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

^^ I know we're not supposed to say his name, so I wont. But you guys did, so did he really get banned?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

They do say necessity is the mother of all inventions. I wonder if we ever would have gone down this route had we not desperately needed a primary PG (after the failed Ennis experiment) after Lonzo went down.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Ingram will be in goat conversation by the end of his career and I’ll be laughing at everyone who doubted him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
^^ I know we're not supposed to say his name, so I wont. But you guys did, so did he really get banned?

And what did he do?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Jumped up to -1.75 in RPM, which is about 80 spots higher than he was a few days ago. That's how well he's been playing.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jumped up to -1.75 in RPM, which is about 80 spots higher than he was a few days ago. That's how well he's been playing.

GT, has the team changed the way it's utilizing him or is he just making better reads/decisions on similar play types? Seems like there's still a steady dose of ISO and high screen and roll possessions for him.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That's what I've noticed the most. He's getting assists, but is from ball pounding or over use of a high screen and roll. He's just running the offense and getting assists through the flow and finding guys whein places he would have missed hem earlier in the year. Saw a play early on last night(I think) where he drove the rbasket and I expected a wild co tested layup against Adams but instead he found Hart open in the corner for three.

This has done wonders for his scoring efficiency too.

Beautiful thing is that you can only expect things to get even easier in this regard when Zo gets back.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetical question: not trying to be a downer, but do we go on this run if Zo is running the point instead of BI? Or would Zo's shooting have cost us wins?

Not saying he won't improve, but why the hell are we playing so good with Zo out?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
Hypothetical question: not trying to be a downer, but do we go on this run if Zo is running the point instead of BI? Or would Zo's shooting have cost us wins?

Not saying he won't improve, but why the hell are we playing so good with Zo out?

Shooting 3pt shooting? Zo was a much better shooter his last 20 games than Ingram has been in any stretch, by far..volume
Zo is fantastic. Also better on D than Ingram
BI been ballin though
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

What sucks is that he was on this trajectory earlier this season and then get got injured. He's finally back to being on the same roll that he was on before his injuries. Wonder where he (and this team) would be now if (a) he never got injured and (b) Ball never got injured.

So excited to see what happens when Ball comes back, and if Thomas and Frye can really provide us something. If things come together the right way, with Ingram's improvement and new found ability to seemingly play within the flow, this team could really explode even more.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

GT, has the team changed the way it's utilizing him or is he just making better reads/decisions on similar play types? Seems like there's still a steady dose of ISO and high screen and roll possessions for him.

I think there's been a significant reduction in the pick & rolls. Watch his 6 assists last night. None of them on the PnR. Here's his assist reel from the previous game. One of them was on the PnR, and that was a strong side read, making it really just a drive and kick.

Here is his made shot reel in the OKC game.

Here is where the makes came from. Layups & 3's. It's beautiful.

Here are his made shots from the previous game. One make off of the PnR.

They've really gone away from Ingram PnRs, and I couldn't be happier with how they're using him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Ball is a better defender than Ingram? Umm no. =) I love his defense though.

Ball is also 30% from 3.. but we can throw the volume caveat out there to dismiss that for the sake of the argument we're trying to make.. If the numbers don't indicate he's a better 3 point shooter then we can't really say he is.. since we're all so big on data here..

I also don't think Ball playing would have dampened our winning streak.. Everyone looks better with him on the court..
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

What sucks is that he was on this trajectory earlier this season and then get got injured. He's finally back to being on the same roll that he was on before his injuries. Wonder where he (and this team) would be now if (a) he never got injured and (b) Ball never got injured.

So excited to see what happens when Ball comes back, and if Thomas and Frye can really provide us something. If things come together the right way, with Ingram's improvement and new found ability to seemingly play within the flow, this team could really explode even more.
He had a 5 game stretch before his injury where his TS% was 67.9%. When he came back from the injury he wasn't quite the same, but he's finally finding his stride again.

He's playing even better now than in that stretch, though. He's averaging more points, more assists, fewer turnovers, and he's probably playing better defense too. His game score in that stretch was 13.4, compared to 17.1 on the current stretch. This is the best stretch of basketball of his career. The crazy thing is that we could literally say that about Ingram every month or so, going back to the second half of his rookie year. His growth trajectory has been unrelenting. Now, we're seeing him play at a very high level. A couple months from now, his "best stretch of his career" will probably be All Star level production. I think we'll see some short stretches of All Star level play from him to close the season.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Ball is also 30% from 3.. but we can throw the volume caveat out there to dismiss that for the sake of the argument we're trying to make.. If the numbers don't indicate he's a better 3 point shooter then we can't really say he is.. since we're all so big on data here..

I also don't think Ball playing would have dampened our winning streak.. Everyone looks better with him on the court..
it will be interesting to see how Lonzo is incorporated into the offense when he returns. I really hope they continue to let Ingram run the show in the half court, allowing Lonzo to have more off ball success like at UCLA.

More than anything, I hope Lonzo replaces KCP in the starting lineup, rather than Hart. Hart has been a HUGE part of our recent success.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I feel like we have 3 young players who have busted through into a new level of individual play over the last month: BI, JR, and Hart. Each is doing things with much greater skill and consistency than they had shown before. It's really encouraging, especially with 2 other very promising players on the team: Kuz and Zo.

I'm sure there will be some bad stretches too. One thing this team has shown is that young players are really up and down. I hope we don't chuck them under the bus too quickly when/if that happens.

This year is the most fun I've had watching and cheering for the Lakers in a long time.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I feel like we have 3 young players who have busted through into a new level of individual play over the last month: BI, JR, and Hart. Each is doing things with much greater skill and consistency than they had shown before. It's really encouraging, especially with 2 other very promising players on the team: Kuz and Zo.

I'm sure there will be some bad stretches too. One thing this team has shown is that young players are really up and down. I hope we don't chuck them under the bus too quickly when/if that happens.

This year is the most fun I've had watching and cheering for the Lakers in a long time.

Yes, this team is fun to watch. Even if we win in ugly fashion. It's all a learning experience. We can beat anyone on any day with what we have. Spurs style. Sucks we had to lose some really great pieces, but if they aren't part of our future plans then it was bound to happen sooner or later.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

You don't think Lonzo's a better defender than Ingram is? That surprises me considering how much you (rightfully) criticize Ingram's defense all of the time. In the post-game presser after the Suns game Luke was talking about how Ingram gets back cut every game and I thought of you.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You don't think Lonzo's a better defender than Ingram is? That surprises me considering how much you (rightfully) criticize Ingram's defense all of the time. In the post-game presser after the Suns game Luke was talking about how Ingram gets back cut every game and I thought of you.

Off ball.. I hate his off ball defense, though it has gotten better.. On ball, Ingram is a better defender, and projects to be a more versatile one. In my opinion. I'm not pulling my hair out as much lately but It still needs to get better. Nice to hear Luke is aware of it, didn't seem as though Ingram was being disciplined for getting back cut so often.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 947, 948, 949 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 948 of 1885
Jump to: