The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Randle held his own against any center not named embiid this year

What would that team do if they had to play Philly for the championship? Could we get away with double teaming him most of the time?

1) I wouldn’t bet on Philly beating Boston.
2) Randle actually stopped Embiid several times in that last Philly game. It helped put the Lakers in position to win that game, which they did.
3) I don’t see the Lakers having much trouble if they ever have to double any player with that lineup (Ball, George, Ingram, James, Randle) because of how mobile it is. If anything they would probably be one of the best teams in the league at moving their feet defensively when they rotate.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Randle held his own against any center not named embiid this year

He got obliterated by Nurkic @ PDX, I was in the building.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Reggie ways in with his idiotic comments.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Reggie sounds stupid.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
Reggie ways in with his idiotic comments.

It is unbearable
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LOPEZ and KCP with bozo plays...
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

BI
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

If Randle accepted the QO from the Lakers and became a UFA the following summer, would the Lakers still own his Bird right or could they only resign him with cap space?
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Randle Bron Ingram PG13 Ball

This. Fastest team in the league.

I agree, they would punish the front of the rim all night. I really hate it when people think you absolutely have to play like the Warriors to win. They play that way because of the players they have. There will never be another Durant, Curry, Dray, Klay tandem. Just like there will never be another MJ (Kobe came close).

The team that takes the torch from the Warriors will not, I repeat will not play exactly like them.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

This theory came to me out of the blue. Windhorst has made a career of finding out what color underwear Lebron is wearing daily. Lebron stated that Windy knows him better than his own mom sometimes. Windy has been spending a lot of time in LA lately. I mean a lot. He and his wife live in Omaha I and they have a new born. What would possess a man with a new born to spend so much time in LA. Why not from Bristol? Why not from NY. Why not from home? Just to be on the Jump with Rachel Nichols? I don't think so.

The only time I've ever seen Windy mad was when he was a the radio with Ireland & Jeff Katz. Jeff Katz basically said he had inside Hollywood information that Lebron is 100% coming to LA. Windhorst lost his mind and started confronting Katz. That was the last time I could remember Katz on ESPNLA. Why was Windhorst so mad about Katz breaking the rumor? Does he know something? Is Lebron to LA the worst kept secret in the world? Is Windhorst prepping for the next step of his career? Moving to LA to cover Lebron one final time?

Some of this is just me having fun. But some of this is just stuff that goes through my mind. Lebron just bought another home in LA, this one 23m. A second home? For what? Reportedly looking for schools. Back home in LA tweets. Magic and Zo love. Burbank TV studios. Maverick and Rich Paul moved out here. Rich Paul dinners with Jeanie. Magic had dinner with Maverick and the next day DLO was gone. KCP Mana from Heaven. The Lakers reportedly weren't going to be active and pushed the timeline back. Then the next day bye Nance, bye Clarkson. Hello 2018 2 Max slots. What's really going on here? And why is Windhorst always in LA these days?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside,

Anything is possible. The only thing I would say is I don’t think windhorst really knows. Imo Lebron has others that he goes to now (For example, Lee Jenkins).

I do think Windhorst has built up cavs organization contacts, but I don’t think he knows more than us with respect to Lebron’s FA plans. I think Lebron is still thinking about where to go too...he’s just 100% leaving Cleveland.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
This theory came to me out of the blue. Windhorst has made a career of finding out what color underwear Lebron is wearing daily. Lebron stated that Windy knows him better than his own mom sometimes. Windy has been spending a lot of time in LA lately. I mean a lot. He and his wife live in Omaha I and they have a new born. What would possess a man with a new born to spend so much time in LA. Why not from Bristol? Why not from NY. Why not from home? Just to be on the Jump with Rachel Nichols? I don't think so.

The only time I've ever seen Windy mad was when he was a the radio with Ireland & Jeff Katz. Jeff Katz basically said he had inside Hollywood information that Lebron is 100% coming to LA. Windhorst lost his mind and started confronting Katz. That was the last time I could remember Katz on ESPNLA. Why was Windhorst so mad about Katz breaking the rumor? Does he know something? Is Lebron to LA the worst kept secret in the world? Is Windhorst prepping for the next step of his career? Moving to LA to cover Lebron one final time?

Some of this is just me having fun. But some of this is just stuff that goes through my mind. Lebron just bought another home in LA, this one 23m. A second home? For what? Reportedly looking for schools. Back home in LA tweets. Magic and Zo love. Burbank TV studios. Maverick and Rich Paul moved out here. Rich Paul dinners with Jeanie. Magic had dinner with Maverick and the next day DLO was gone. KCP Mana from Heaven. The Lakers reportedly weren't going to be active and pushed the timeline back. Then the next day bye Nance, bye Clarkson. Hello 2018 2 Max slots. What's really going on here? And why is Windhorst always in LA these days?

I just had an existential crisis.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside,

Anything is possible. The only thing I would say is I don’t think windhorst really knows. Imo Lebron has others that he goes to now (For example, Lee Jenkins).

I do think Windhorst has built up cavs organization contacts, but I don’t think he knows more than us with respect to Lebron’s FA plans. I think Lebron is still thinking about where to go too...he’s just 100% leaving Cleveland.

Yeah, Bron left Windy hanging in 2014...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

The thing I hate worst about sports reporters, are the ones that don't know the game. Or don't know the skillset of the guys they're reporting on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Haha. Sorry, my bad. Don't give up! You can still be President, an astronaut, or an NBA center! I believe in you!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Like Sam Kinison said to Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School": I like the way you think!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

not commenting on your theory...just the part about Windhorst being in LA to be on the Jump....and how I do think he would travel there often just to be on the Jump....he has always seemed to me to be a guy that would wade through a flood to get his mug on camera. I do not dislike the guy....just think he is kind of living his dream....and loves his TV time and being around TMac and those guys. Also, Lebron and his guys have some respect for Windhorst, but I doubt they would ever leak that type of information to him or anyone. Lebron keeps a tight circle....and they have been extremely loyal to him his entire career....seriously doubt that start leaking news at this point unless they are instructed to by Lebron himself.
AutumnWind
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

LeBron seems egotistical, definitely the type of guy to fall for the whole Lakers mystique and being the guy to revive the franchise
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

not commenting on your theory...just the part about Windhorst being in LA to be on the Jump....and how I do think he would travel there often just to be on the Jump....he has always seemed to me to be a guy that would wade through a flood to get his mug on camera. I do not dislike the guy....just think he is kind of living his dream....and loves his TV time and being around TMac and those guys. Also, Lebron and his guys have some respect for Windhorst, but I doubt they would ever leak that type of information to him or anyone. Lebron keeps a tight circle....and they have been extremely loyal to him his entire career....seriously doubt that start leaking news at this point unless they are instructed to by Lebron himself.

Good point. I'd do the same if I could. Just another kid from Akron living his dreams. Lebron, Nance Jr., Steph Curry, now Windy... 😁
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

i am still trying to figure out, "To be?"
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lol this dude has no intention of swimming with the sharks out here in the West: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22533730/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-idea-re-seeding-playoffs
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lol this dude has no intention of swimming with the sharks out here in the West: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22533730/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-idea-re-seeding-playoffs

Yeah saw that earlier. What a wimp.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

The new seeding will benefit the Western Conf side more yes?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

Speaking of seeding...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2760918-report-nba-discussing-play-in-tournament-for-final-playoff-seeds
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

In the age of who broke the story first would you be mad if u had one of the biggest scoops in sports in the past decade and then have another radio host 100% confirming the story months before? Wouldn't say it's the worst kept secret. Just a badly kept secret. The only end the Lakers have to hold up is showing they are a young team with promise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 158 of 2079
Jump to: