OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2547, 2548, 2549 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
@ZachLowe_NBA

Jeremy Lin has opted in to his $12.5M player option for next season in Brooklyn, league sources tell ESPN.

He had no choice. I hope he can recover. He and Dlo would have been fun together.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
@dao that's a fair assessment. You're right, I don't think PRP & arthroscopic surgery compare to what Lonzo's dealing with... hopefully. Idk I'm a little concerned over Lonzo's latest but even so it's not the same as surgery.

re: Okafor, it's incredible how useless he is. Like defensively he's pushed over at the rim so easily and it feels like a miracle when he rebounds it. It's funny, I almost feel bad for him when I watch him. From consensus #1 to... someone who might not be in the NBA after this summer.

Greg Monroe is the cautionary tale for any team looking at Okafor. There was a pretty big contingent that wanted Monroe too .

What's the story with Monroe? He and Drummond were supposed to be the next twin towers.

At least Monroe has still had a pretty respectable career. If Okafor ends up having Monroe's career arc, it will probably be a big win at this point. I thought Okafor was going to be really good, too. Oops.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
@dao that's a fair assessment. You're right, I don't think PRP & arthroscopic surgery compare to what Lonzo's dealing with... hopefully. Idk I'm a little concerned over Lonzo's latest but even so it's not the same as surgery.

re: Okafor, it's incredible how useless he is. Like defensively he's pushed over at the rim so easily and it feels like a miracle when he rebounds it. It's funny, I almost feel bad for him when I watch him. From consensus #1 to... someone who might not be in the NBA after this summer.

Greg Monroe is the cautionary tale for any team looking at Okafor. There was a pretty big contingent that wanted Monroe too .

What's the story with Monroe? He and Drummond were supposed to be the next twin towers.

The game just passed them by quickly. Hard to remember but just one offseason ago, everyone was stocking up on big defensive post and pick and roll guys. A year and a half later, dinosaurs. That was one reason I didn’t mind the mozgov deal. Everyone was stocking up and there was a dearth it center free agents for the next few years. Seems the dearth turned out to be just fine. For someone who saw the game evolution back when mda was a madman and analytics was this new garbage, I’m a bit embarrassed that the end of the big center as a mainstream thing caught me napping.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

There is still room for dominant bigs in the league like Embiid.
Okafor is a faux big man. He doesn't defend the rim or rebound well. He has the post offense, but that's about it.
Okafor is the worst type of one-way big. The type that clogs the paint. Ryan Anderson isn't a great defender for example. But at least he spreads the floor.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

. @ZachLowe_NBA says on his pod that the Cavs offered the Cavs 1st for Dinwiddie
Lowe says Nets were asking for a lot for Dinwiddie.

…............

There were reports that Nets were willing to trade Dinwiddie if they get a good offer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

Thanks DLO for helping us get to the 2 max plan. No way we offload Moz's terrible deal (and get Brook and a 1st) without you.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Find this thread by accident...and I can't believe that my eyes aren't deceiving me... People still follow this dude?

Some people really wish he was still here but honestly, he would be struggling to find minutes on this roster even with Lonzo out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

It's a marathon, not a sprint. But he needs to stay healthy to even be in the race.

I'll bet on him to lap a number of guys if his knees can ever get right, including some current young Lakers who I'm happy are Lakers.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's a marathon, not a sprint. But he needs to stay healthy to even be in the race.

I'll bet on him to lap a number of guys if his knees can ever get right, including some current young Lakers who I'm happy are Lakers.

Yea. And the fact that he had a surgery. It will take more time to reach the level he was at at the start of the season.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Thanks DLO for helping us get to the 2 max plan. No way we offload Moz's terrible deal (and get Brook and a 1st) without you.

Now Russell needs to complete the job by balling out and tanking Cleveland's prized draft pick.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I’m predicting this thread somehow gets on a lost island
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Only 1 1st rounder was traded in the deadline. High draft picks Hezonja and Okafor has their team options declined. Marcus Smart couldn’t get a 1st. And folks wanna diss the kid who brought us massive cap space savings and Brook plus a 1st rounder? Ok.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Only 1 1st rounder was traded in the deadline. High draft picks Hezonja and Okafor has their team options declined. Marcus Smart couldn’t get a 1st. And folks wanna diss the kid who brought us massive cap space savings and Brook plus a 1st rounder? Ok.

Gotta give credit to Magic and Pelinka for making the move when they did. A lot of people questioned the timing of it, including me when the trade first went down before I had time to think about it, but it would have been nearly impossible to get the return they did dropping Moz if they had waited. Dlo hopefully will have his chance to show out when he gets healthy again, and the Lakers set themselves up nicely for the future with some astute draft picks and cap flexibility. A good chance for a win win for both parties.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gotta give credit to Magic and Pelinka for making the move when they did. A lot of people questioned the timing of it, including me when the trade first went down before I had time to think about it, but it would have been nearly impossible to get the return they did dropping Moz if they had waited. Dlo hopefully will have his chance to show out when he gets healthy again, and the Lakers set themselves up nicely for the future with some astute draft picks and cap flexibility. A good chance for a win win for both parties.

Yeah. Just saying that DLO was highly valued by the Nets. Heck. Payton was traded for a 2nd rounder. Imagine if Dlo only netted (pun intended) a 2nd rounder.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Now that you frame it like that (and I agree with it), I guess the FO didn't do such a bad job not just extracting a first for Dlo but getting rid of the Mozgov albatross then, no?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Come on Nets beat the Pels
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Now that you frame it like that (and I agree with it), I guess the FO didn't do such a bad job not just extracting a first for Dlo but getting rid of the Mozgov albatross then, no?

From a valuation standpoint yup. It works both ways of course. Don’t understand why Lakers fans can’t be thankful for what we got for him. Tremendous.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Hate that the teams ahead of us keep winning.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Need Dlo to go on a roll and get the win against the Pels.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

it was littington in the cittington for the last quarter in a half

also

Rondo outchea lookin fantasical in the year chew thowsen ayedeen
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

LOOK AT MAH BOI GOIN ON DA FLOOR DOE
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Dlo cookin'
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Finally some Dlo and Dinwiddie closing action...c'mon, guys - please pull out this win!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

DLO
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2547, 2548, 2549 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2548 of 2856
Jump to: