OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 948, 949, 950 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Ball is a better defender than Ingram? Umm no. =) I love his defense though.

Ball is also 30% from 3.. but we can throw the volume caveat out there to dismiss that for the sake of the argument we're trying to make.. If the numbers don't indicate he's a better 3 point shooter then we can't really say he is.. since we're all so big on data here..

I also don't think Ball playing would have dampened our winning streak.. Everyone looks better with him on the court..
it will be interesting to see how Lonzo is incorporated into the offense when he returns. I really hope they continue to let Ingram run the show in the half court, allowing Lonzo to have more off ball success like at UCLA.

More than anything, I hope Lonzo replaces KCP in the starting lineup, rather than Hart. Hart has been a HUGE part of our recent success.

Should be interesting.. I'm not entirely sure how they should play that. I think they both could use reps on ball, and running picks to get better at it. Currently the argument can be made that they're both better off ball, during half court sets. With that being said, Ball is so heady I don't expect that to be a lingering issue.. he'll figure it out. Ingram is also showing gradual growth in that area. I'm more concerned about IT disrupting our chemistry..
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

@GT I'm interested in your thoughts on how IT should be used while Ball, and Ingram are on the court.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
@GT I'm interested in your thoughts on how IT should be used while Ball, and Ingram are on the court.

I think they should run like their hair's on fire. I think they have tremendous potential in transition.

In half court offense, IT theoretically provides much of what I wanted to see from Russell, slotted between Lonzo and Ingram. The 3 of them can run point guard in really different ways, which is a great asset. I think IT is your "crap, that play didn't work and now there's 8 seconds on the shot clock" bailout guy.

I think it will take Ingram longer to get used to playing with IT than it will take Lonzo. I can see IT stepping on Ingram's toes from a "guy with the ball in his hands" sense at first. It's different than Lonzo, because Lonzo's ultimately looking to pass, whereas IT is looking to score.

A lot hinges on IT's health though. I've been watching tape of him for most of the day, and he doesn't physically look much like the same guy he was last year.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I think they should run like their hair's on fire. I think they have tremendous potential in transition.

In half court offense, IT theoretically provides much of what I wanted to see from Russell, slotted between Lonzo and Ingram. The 3 of them can run point guard in really different ways, which is a great asset. I think IT is your "crap, that play didn't work and now there's 8 seconds on the shot clock" bailout guy.

I think it will take Ingram longer to get used to playing with IT than it will take Lonzo. I can see IT stepping on Ingram's toes from a "guy with the ball in his hands" sense at first. It's different than Lonzo, because Lonzo's ultimately looking to pass, whereas IT is looking to score.

A lot hinges on IT's health though. I've been watching tape of him for most of the day, and he doesn't physically look much like the same guy he was last year.

Yea at present, I'd say IT is probably our best bail out guy.. though an argument can be made for Randle.

I'd actually like IT to play more off ball.. I don't trust him to make the pass when it's there if he's ball dominant. I'd give him the same plays we run for KCP with the off ball curls for mid range J's and 3's.. that way we hit him on the move and he's not iso'ing while guys are standing around watching him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yea at present, I'd say IT is probably our best bail out guy.. though an argument can be made for Randle.

I'd actually like IT to play more off ball.. I don't trust him to make the pass when it's there if he's ball dominant. I'd give him the same plays we run for KCP with the off ball curls for mid range J's and 3's.. that way we hit him on the move and he's not iso'ing while guys are standing around watching him.

Totally agree, was gonna include that in the video I'll have out on IT tomorrow. I don't think IT should start most plays with the ball in his hands.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

I'll be sure to check it out..
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
Hypothetical question: not trying to be a downer, but do we go on this run if Zo is running the point instead of BI? Or would Zo's shooting have cost us wins?

Not saying he won't improve, but why the hell are we playing so good with Zo out?

Give Zo BI's catch and shoot 3s, and that percentage goes up. He rarely gets those opportunities.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

He's shooting (and making) 3's!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

The shot looks good today.

BI is starting to take the next step once again, he's becoming a defensive presence out there and an improved shooter/playmaker. Slowly starting to become our best all round player.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

FEED ME THE CROW, it's like I'm a Thenn from Game Of Thrones. The jumper! It's looking a bit more concise, and synced . I could buy him being a decent shooter right now (and improving that next year)
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

SHOOTER!!!!DUKEY UH OH! - Dickey V
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

"he'll take them when he's ready to take them." aight, props
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

Like many of us said.. lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Unleashing the 3
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

that was directed to you. I had become frustrated by his lack of three point attempts. Now there's almost no limit to his upside. Big props to the Lakers coaching/development staff, they know what they're doing! I've officially bought in.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

that was directed to you. I had becom frustrated with his lack of three point attempts. Now there's almost no limit to his upside.

Oh thanks.. I honestly wasn't expecting him to turn the shooting around this season.. this is great to see.

What I don't like seeing his him taking jumpers on the box with shorter guys on him.. but I guess he's not strong enough to drive them into the basket yet.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

that was directed to you. I had becom frustrated with his lack of three point attempts. Now there's almost no limit to his upside.

Oh thanks.. I honestly wasn't expecting him to turn the shooting around this season.. this is great to see.

What I don't like seeing his him taking jumpers on the box with shorter guys on him.. but I guess he's not strong enough to drive them into the basket yet.

It's weird he's missed so many of those and at the same time is draining 3s. It seems like it's all about concentration with BI.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

It's weird he's missed so many of those and at the same time is draining 3s. It seems like it's all about concentration with BI.

He's not a totally good shooter yet. He'll still miss open midrange shots... the 3 is looking better for sure, possibly figured something out - but for now it's just a hot 1week stretch. I'd guess he's a decent shooter now - not much more than that. But that makes this year a big success if he's improved to decent
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

I think that's more of a strength issue.. When he's stronger I expect him to abuse guards on the box. He'll even get more lift on the turn around J's.. But for now I think he should face up, pump fake, and jab step before going into a move.. instead of settling for mid range jumpers on the block. I don't like that shot, he has too much of a hight advantage against smalls to take that shot.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:

I think that's more of a strength issue.. When he's stronger I expect him to abuse guards on the box. He'll even get more lift on the turn around J's.. But for now I think he should face up, pump fake, and jab step before going into a move.. instead of settling for mid range jumpers on the block. I don't like that shot, he has too much of a hight advantage against smalls to take that shot.

But it's almost an open shot when he can just turn around and face up over some guy who's reach is a foot less. It's just that he's missed a few in a row. I don't think it's a bad shot in theory except that it's a shot he isn't making. I don't know. Anyway, still very pleased with how he's developing.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Last 8 games: 18.9PPG/5.4APG/5RPG on 56-110FG's (51%) and 11-19 3PT/(58%), 9 for 11 in last 3 from 3 point land...

Last edited by FreakofNature on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

He was actually using that shot with success late last season. I even remember Jamaal Crawford calling for help because BI was abusing him on the block.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

FreakofNature wrote:
Last 8 games: 18.9PPG/5.4APG/5RPG on 56-110FG's (51%) and 11-19 3PT/(58%), 9 for 11 in last 3 from#point land...

Not bad for a skinny man.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Agreed.. I'd probably like the shot if he were making them more. I just think he can create a higher percentage opportunity.

And I couldn't be happier with his current play. He keeps this up and we'll no longer have to hear that he can't play with PG13 and Bron.. Not that those perspectives have any bearing on reality, was just annoying to hear lol.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Last 8 games: 18.9PPG/5.4APG/5RPG on 56-110FG's (51%) and 11-19 3PT/(58%), 9 for 11 in last 3 from 3 point land...

This is a bit misleading shooting wise... this is only his 3rd good 3pt shooting game in those 8games....... ok one other game he went 1-1.

Misleading as all of his shooting numbers have been this year(when they were horrible as well. Low attempts skew things. Every couple weeks he dips to 30-32%)
The shot looks better though, yea I'll give him that it's encouraging. But it's been 3 games
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 948, 949, 950 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 949 of 1885
Jump to: