OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 950, 951, 952 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
smh

Right? I really don't get it either.

Y'all senstaive about context and me saying it's still encouraging
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
You just seemed invested in trying to convince us he's not there yet.. when no one said he was..

You might not want to cast invested stones in the big glass Ingram house.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Bro.. c'mon.. Stop with the labels.. No one is sensitive, and no one is triggered. You have a minority opinion, and it's cool.. No one is upset about it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You just seemed invested in trying to convince us he's not there yet.. when no one said he was..

I'd like you to elaborate.. If you don't mind. =)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That’s a saying meaning if you’re something, better not to accuse others of it. You’re pretty invested in Ingram (which is kind of an understatement really), and heavily invested in him being a star, so an accusation of another person being invested in the other direction doesn’t ring true so much as it sounds like you don’t like hearing what he has to say. That clearer?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That’s a saying meaning if you’re something, better not to accuse others of it. You’re pretty invested in Ingram (which is kind of an understatement really), and heavily invested in him being a star, so an accusation of another person being invested in the other direction doesn’t ring true so much as it sounds like you don’t like hearing what he has to say. That clearer?

Yea that's kinda why I asked you to elaborate.. the parallel you tried to make holds no weight. And I figured it wouldn't even after you made an attempt to explain it.

I'm not heavily invested in him being a star, I'm optimistic about his chances, as I am with Ball, Randle, and Kuz..

I stated that he was invested in proving to us that Ingram isn't as good of a shooter as we think he is.. when no one made any proclamations.. just expressed optimism about his trajectory.. Your assessment of what I do in here is off once again.. but I suppose it's customary for us to have these sort of disagreements from time to time..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Hey, that might be the problem. I observe these tiffs all the time and every once in a while mention something, and it’s me. Projection is a mother.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Me and KIROE go at it all the time.. there's no animus on either of our parts.. even though he said he'll come in here just to mess with me lol.. I really don't think it's that serious though..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Cool.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Me and KIROE go at it all the time.. there's no animus on either of our parts.. even though he said he'll come in here just to mess with me lol.. I really don't think it's that serious though..

Eh I said bugging you was 30% of my incentive to vent Ingram frustrations in here .
Tried my best to put the context gently today
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

BI is developing nicely. Leading score on the team and shooting great. His defense was horrible today but has been better lately.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Eh I said bugging you was 30% of my incentive to vent Ingram frustrations in here .

It's all good really.. you don't have to put anything gently. You just expressed a position that some didn't agree with.. no biggie. At least I didn't think it was a biggie..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It's all good really.. you don't have to put anything gently. You just expressed a position that some didn't agree with.. no biggie. At least I didn't think it was a biggie..

I don't understand what that position is.. I said he's been shooting well for only 3 games and it's encouraging and his form looks better. Lol
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
BI is developing nicely. Leading score on the team and shooting great. His defense was horrible today but has been better lately.

I think everyone trying to compensate for or help IT hurt everyone defensively.. I'm not sure how they fix it going forward, but the coaching staff will have to figure out a way to have IT out there and it not put our collective defense in jeopardy.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
mj32 wrote:

I think everyone trying to compensate for or help IT hurt everyone defensively.. I'm not sure how they fix it going forward, but the coaching staff will have to figure out a way to have IT out there and it not put our collective defense in jeopardy.

Yeah IT is not a good defender, but they were getting torched while he was on the bench as well. Weak side help from BI and others was terrible tonight.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

"He's not a totally good shooter yet" No one was suggesting he was..

"lol you want to declare him a legit shooter after just 3 games." No one suggested he was..

"Everyone is posting like he's for sure turned a corner shooting" No one said he turned the corner when you made that statement.. I remarked that in a sense he has since it's safe to say he's no longer a terrible shooter at the least.

At the end of the day I think we're all in agreement that he's demonstrating that he's a better shooter, and improving.. and we were encouraged by that till you did a drive by on our party lol..

Last edited by SocalDevin on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Yeah IT is not a good defender, but they were getting torched while he was on the bench as well. Weak side help from BI and others was terrible tonight.

Agreed.. it was bad all game.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mj32 wrote:

You can fix weak side help, you can’t fix 5 foot 8.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
mj32 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mj32 wrote:

You can fix weak side help, you can’t fix 5 foot 8.

Good to know, thanks
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

This Ingram stroke recently, he' got KD in him after all. Keep it up!
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

His 3pt % this season is now 39.3
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Let's not forget that he completely reworked his stroke over this offseason and is only recently starting to feel comfortable with it in games.

He basically pulled a Markelle Fultz, except instead of hiding and sitting out the season, he toughed that (bleep) out, found another way to be effective, and ultimately seems to have figured it all out
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

How crazy is that, for someone who started out the year as the worst player in the league. Kid is amazing and will keep improving.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

If BI were a rookie, he would be a ROTY candidate.

He's at least a good year younger than the other ROTY candidates.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 950, 951, 952 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 951 of 1885
Jump to: