Official “ IT piss and moan fest “ Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Are we sure it wasn't giving Junior's minutes to Kuzma that was the difference in our defense? That is where aot of the damage was done.

Much bigger part of it. Kuzma is like a larger version of Clarkson. At least he rebounds though.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

singlecamVTEC wrote:
Thread has so much concern for a dude that will be gone soon lol.

Well we need something to talk about. July is still so far away!
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
I thought he played well and hit a lot of threes that we normally would brick. I don't think he got beat often, but I think guys helped for no reason and got burnt big time for it. I also thought Brandon Ingram was getting scored on consistently by players in position that had no business scoring on him. Randle looked god awful, throwing his body around and tossing up ridiculous shots.

You are delirious. He got beat every time the Mavs went after him. He just got bailed with a few misses a couple times because the Mavs ain’t exactly a real talented team.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Piss n moan after 1 game lol, tough crowd. It’s a low risk possibly high reward maneuver
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Tell me guys....whats the difference between IT and Barea??? Both are extremely short. How do the Mavs do it with Barea on the court? He is 5 foot 5.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Piss n moan after 1 game lol, tough crowd. It’s a low risk possibly high reward maneuver

I agree. What’s the problem here? We were not a playoff team before IT.

Now, we still aren’t a playoff team, however, now at least we have more cap space and a 1st round pick. This trade was a pure win.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Tell me guys....whats the difference between IT and Barea??? Both are extremely short. How do the Mavs do it with Barea on the court? He is 5 foot 5.

Barea is about 3 inches taller than Thomas.
Bodhi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Our defense was good before we traded for IT. Our defense was bad after trading for IT.

And people are tripping over themselves trying to explain how trading for the worst defender in the league isn't the cause of our defensive collapse.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Bodhi wrote:
Our defense was good before we traded for IT. Our defense was bad after trading for IT.

And people are tripping over themselves trying to explain how trading for the worst defender in the league isn't the cause of our defensive collapse.

So IT made everyone else quit playing any defense?

Got it.
rdxxx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:

How do the Mavs do what? They have 18 wins on the season. JJ also doesn't dominate the ball
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed this thread hasn’t been locked or merged by a Mod yet.

Next game, whichever Laker player has a bad game, guess we’ll have to create a piss and moan thread for that player too then.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

7pages of P&M for a guy who played a game without practice

thats overreaction no?
rdxxx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Got it.

Do you understand when some people say "passing is contagious, his unselfishness is makings other around better". Well the same thing applies to bad defense.

Some people don't understand that it's not that IT doesn't play defense, it's that he CAN'T play defense, he is just too short. When he runs out on 3 point shooters, he has NO CHANCE of blocking or even contesting the shot. It makes the opponents life so much easier. It's 5 v 4 every single time.

Last edited by rdxxx on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

thats overreaction no?

He’s one of the worst defenders ever. It’s been established.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

thats overreaction no?

He’s one of the worst defenders ever. It’s been established.

Nobody said he wasn't
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

IT wasn't the reason we lost the game. Yes, he contributed with some bad turnovers. However, our defense was getting smoked the entire game whether he was on the bench or in the game. The Mavs were getting dunk after dunk.

You guys are overreacting big time. IT is what he is. He will help at times and he will hurt us at times. Like virtually everyone on this flawed roster. The Lakers just didn't show on D. They will be fine.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

rdxxx wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Got it.

Do you understand when some people say "passing is contagious, his unselfishness is makings other around better". Well the same thing applies to bad defense.

Some people don't understand that it's not that IT doesn't play defense, it's that he CAN'T play defense, he is just too short. When he runs out on 3 point shooters, he has NO CHANCE of blocking or even contesting the shot. It makes the opponents life so much easier. It's 5 v 4 every single time.

We were playing no defense before he was even put in the game last night!!
This isn't the first game we didn't defend....it happened before. Without IT shooting lights out in the first half....we'd have been on our way to a blowout.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Next game, whichever Laker player has a bad game, guess we’ll have to create a piss and moan thread for that player too then.

I’m pro IT, if mods want to lock this they can go ahead, I just think there is to much anti talk regarding Thomas, I think we should give him a chance
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I’m pro IT, if mods want to lock this they can go ahead, I just think there is to much anti talk regarding Thomas, I think we should give him a chance

this is some grade A+ trolling

well done sir
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

this is some grade A+ trolling

well done sir

You are notorious for following me in every thread....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t say we lost because of IT, but I think Randle is just protecting IT.

Bottom line is whenever IT is out there, the defense is compromised because the 5, whether it’s Lopez or Randle, has no choice but to rotate and take the lane away from the guard who just burned IT which leaves an easy alley oop for Randle or Lopez’s man. How many times did it happen last night? Half a dozen? A dozen? Powell looked like Larry Nance practicing dunks in El Segundo.

Stevens was really good at hiding IT on defense. Of course, the personnel was defensively good enough to cover but I’m not sure the lakers personnel is at that level especially with the gambling KCP.

Luke has to find a way or else what IT giveth...he taketh away.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

The overreaction on a game to game basis from this fan base is truly something special. The whole team decided to play no defense at all - as evidenced by the 58 points while IT was on the bench - but it's all the new guys fault.

Cleveland has blown out everyone they've played since the trade and we haven't held a team to less than 130 points.

#firemaglinka
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
The overreaction on a game to game basis from this fan base is truly something special. The whole team decided to play no defense at all - as evidenced by the 58 points while IT was on the bench - but it's all the new guys fault.

Cleveland has blown out everyone they've played since the trade and we haven't held a team to less than 130 points.

#firemaglinka

If the other team scored 130 points but only 58 of those points were scored while he was on the bench, it seems to me that a vast majority of the scoring was done while he was on the court which is due to the fact that a minion is playing in the NBA, he has limited upside on offense compared to other players who play the same position and a huge (bleep) problem on Defense because he cannot guard anyone. He makes the Lakers a 4 player team when he is on the court. He is the opposite of Kwame Brown who also made the Lakers a 4 player team when he was on the court but Kwame was terrible at offense and okay on defense. Same problem, just on opposite sides of the ball.
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

As for an over reaction, everyone seems to think we are going to land two huge stars this offseason because we have the money. Let me clue you in on something. We have had money for big stars before and we either could not draw anyone here due to the Kobe Effect (Kobe made other players feel bad about themselves and how pathetic their workout programs were) or the inability to have an upside with the current roster. Players who hate playing in say Toronto might look at LAL and say, "that is the same thing as playing in Toronto only in LA."

The one thing we had going for the team which would draw an All-Star or a couple of starters who could give the team playoff potential was our core of young players. Nance and JC were a huge part of that. The idea of clearing space now vs the following year or two is because we think we are getting LeBronze or Hill or both. We are not getting them. It is a pipe dream. And by trading two great role players to that team we put a (bleep) nail in the coffin to get LeBronze or Hill. The destroyed the Celtics today. Why the hell would he leave now that he has a better situation? He hated IT because IT is a terrible player. WE basically gave Lebronze the keys to the Cavs by doing this trade. So who else were we looking at that requires not one but two max pay options?
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I think it'd be an over reaction if we had not seen what IT did in Cleveland. We did - and we see the same things here. The only time he was really good was in BOS. We can make judgments or predictions based on his history. I personally like IT. He's a hard worker. Hell, I'm not tall enough to ball in the NBA either. However, it's clear that our "get stops - then run" principles will be compromised with IT here. I wish there was a way around it - but no matter how hard he tries, I don't think IT can guard his own man. Good coaches will feast.

Add to that - IT seems to be living off his own hype from BOS, which is not a good look. IT will score, that's what he's great at. But he'll most certainly give most of it back on the other end, which is cause for moaning.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: