THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Trump will not approve Dem memo release.

I've never seen a President encourage partisan divisiveness more than Trump.

Well we've never had a drunk right-wing internet troll as President.

It's why I understand why some say Trump is worse than Reagan.
But I'm on the fence on that issue. Trump is "drunk" on power. And the way he executes his soul-less policy is more obvious and less successful. Meanwhile the Reagan-types are more incognito and more successful.
With that said. By the end of Trump's 4 years, if the GOP keeps power in Congress, Trump will be have an unprecedented Presidency of horribleness.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

But I'm on the fence on that issue. Trump is "drunk" on power. And the way he executes his soul-less policy is more obvious and less successful. Meanwhile the Reagan-types are more incognito and more successful.
With that said. By the end of Trump's 4 years, if the GOP keeps power in Congress, Trump will be have an unprecedented Presidency of horribleness.

There seems to be an insistence by a few people on belaboring the whole "who is worse" issue and conflating it into some discussion of validating one over the other.

So let's put "better"/"worse" aside because it's a wasted discussion in that environment.

Let's get to what matters . . . who is more destructive to the Nation's people?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

This should surprise no one. Did anyone think they went to the trouble of cooking up their memo and then just agreed to release the memo that shows their lies point by point? Kabuki theater for the morons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

There seems to be an insistence by a few people on belaboring the whole "who is worse" issue and conflating it into some discussion of validating one over the other.

So let's put "better"/"worse" aside because it's a wasted discussion in that environment.

IMO who is 'better/worse" is irrelevant. The discussion should be how do we deal with what's happening now. How do we derail this train wreck?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I like Kamala, she's my representative. I don't think she yet has the necessary recognition to run for the Oval Office. Gavin is socially clean enough to beat Trump.

Anyone with skeletons will have problems with The Donald. His skeletons are well documented and to date hasn't moved his base.

You mean Senator?

Yes. She my Senatorial representative.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Ya I get what you guys are saying. And it's not my goal to compare Trump to other GOP Presidents so I can validate one of the other (even slightly).
I think I compare Trump to his predecessors so I can kind of wrap my head around his Presidency. Where he fits in our country's history. Where certain trends started. What trends have gained steam and which have slowed down.
Most importantly, I'm thinking about the recovery process whenever he leaves office. If he is comparable to his predecessors, how did the country rebound from similarly awful policy and leadership in the past.

My worry is that our country will never recover. That his presidency will alter our country in a significant, long-term way. Partisan divisiveness will somehow get worse. And basic facts (Russia doesn't have our best interests at heart, climate change is real, net illegal immigration is miniscule, trickle-down economics produce a weaker economy as a whole, millions don't vote illegally) will never be agreed upon again.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

IMO who is 'better/worse" is irrelevant. The discussion should be how do we deal with what's happening now. How do we derail this train wreck?

That goes without saying, obviously and is besides the point. I'm speaking to the comparison that keeps being brought up.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

That goes without saying, obviously and is besides the point. I'm speaking to the comparison that keeps being brought up.

OK, agreed we should put "better"/"worse" aside. In essence we're on the same page.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Nice to hear some noise on this front

Quote:

A Democratic Senator wants the Treasury Department to hand over records
relating to President Donald Trump’s sale of a Palm Beach estate which he
bought for $41 million to a Russian oligarch for $95 million only four years
later.

"It is imperative that Congress follow the money and conduct a thorough
investigation into any potential money laundering or other illicit financial
dealings between the president, his associates, and Russia,"
wrote Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat, reported ABC Friday.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-sold-40-million-estate-russian-oligarch-100-million-and-democratic-802613
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would weaken the Justice Dept right now by stepping down?
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
My worry is that our country will never recover. That his presidency will alter our country in a significant, long-term way.

It will take decades to recover from the Trump presidency/administration combined with the Republican Congress, mostly because of the judicial (lifetime) appointments. The climate change implications are staggering as well. We don't have any time to lose with regards to climate change.

Quote:
If he is comparable to his predecessors, how did the country rebound from similarly awful policy and leadership in the past.

We had to wait for Antonin Scalia to die. Still waiting on Clarence Thomas. Now we have to suffer through Neil Gorsuch, too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Scalia was a horrible justice but he did free Hurricane Jackson.

I hesitate to call Clarence Thomas a Uncle Tom. He's not fit to be called that name. Read the wiki of Josiah Henson and you'll understand why.

I'm in a wait and see mode with Neil Gorsuch. Jack Mosley changed.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ya I get what you guys are saying. And it's not my goal to compare Trump to other GOP Presidents so I can validate one of the other (even slightly).
I think I compare Trump to his predecessors so I can kind of wrap my head around his Presidency. Where he fits in our country's history. Where certain trends started. What trends have gained steam and which have slowed down.
Most importantly, I'm thinking about the recovery process whenever he leaves office. If he is comparable to his predecessors, how did the country rebound from similarly awful policy and leadership in the past.

My worry is that our country will never recover. That his presidency will alter our country in a significant, long-term way. Partisan divisiveness will somehow get worse. And basic facts (Russia doesn't have our best interests at heart, climate change is real, net illegal immigration is miniscule, trickle-down economics produce a weaker economy as a whole, millions don't vote illegally) will never be agreed upon again.

Well let me put you at ease (and by at ease I mean scare the everloving crap out of you ) what he is doing is what all of them want to do. They just didn't want to be the first ones to do it. He's normalizing it. If things don't change in a very big way very soon this is the new reality.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why anyone would weaken the Justice Dept right now by stepping down?

8 figure deal from Wal-Mart and no longer having the crushing burden of actually having to protect democracy?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

8 figure deal from Wal-Mart and no longer having the crushing burden of actually having to protect democracy?

Not just DOJ, tons of GOPs are ‘retiring’ and passing this tax cut would be their main CV for the next employer to see
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

This ‘problem’ of partisan Trump is not new. It’s always a ‘problem’ because the left has always have the need to play fair and would call out their own in such instances while the right would not only turn a blind eye, they would blatantly support such unfairness (Al Franken be Roy Moore is a good recent example). With this said, the ‘problem’ is not the left, the problem is with the right
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Trump appointing judges at rapid pace
By Kyle Kim | Jan. 19, 2018
Quote:
Most federal judge appointments in a president's first year
Article III judicial appointments
Donald Trump
6th: 23 judges

Barack Obama
10th (tied): 13 judges

George W. Bush
5th: 28 judges

Bill Clinton
4th: 28 judges
[...]
Ronald Reagan
2nd: 41 judges

Jimmy Carter
3rd: 31 judges
[...]
John F. Kennedy
1st: 78 judges
[...]
The president has constitutional authority to nominate judges to the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals and District Courts. Judgeships at these three levels are lifetime positions, also known as Article III judges. While it is ultimately the president who nominates, recommendations usually are sought from senators representing the states in question and from within the federal courts. Congress can then confirm or deny nominees by a majority vote.

Article III judges have the ability to set significant precedents over a wide array of policies and laws affecting virtually all aspects of American life — including immigration, freedom of speech and religion, and how an individual can vote.

Trump had appointed 23 Article III judges as of Jan. 17. Most of them replaced judges appointed by a Republican president; six replaced judges appointed by a Democrat.

Los Angeles Times
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Caught a glimpse of some of the items in the new budget proposal.
18 billion for a border wall.
Lol. I thought Mexico was paying or it? Bwahahaha
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Also slashing the State Dept budget almost in half, which of course makes perfect sense since we don't need any diplomacy anymore.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

trump's folly
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Environment Takes the Biggest Hit in Trump’s Budget Blueprint

LINK

Key phrase budget blueprint. These are proposals. Hopefully some will see the damage they may cause and slow their implementation.

This administration has me doing something I haven't done in years, STRESS!!! I'm anxious about our future. I've seen bad times, none this bad. Not only is Trump greedy, HE'S STUPID.

Quote:

Donald Trump’s first budget blueprint, released today, hits the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other federal climate change programs and initiatives the hardest while rewarding extractive industries and polluters.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

GOP is ok with deficit now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

GOP is ok with deficit now

They always are when they are in charge. Cut taxes, spend on their stuff, build up deficit, turn over government to Dems, demand cuts to social programs because of "runaway spending" and deficits. Rise, repeat.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat

There is no higher level of evil I've seen from American politicians than what I am currently witnessing.

If you've seen the budget plan you've witnessed pure unadulterated Evil.

Wives
Daughters
Mother's
Will want to vomit when they become conscious of the tax theft combined with the budget pogroms

It's hard now to even accept and find compassion for his supporters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 789 of 3663
Jump to: