The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1332, 1333, 1334 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.

You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m

Who has that kind of cap space and will spend it on him is the question.

Dallas does. They can open up 29 million this summer.

So they will renounce every FA to pay jules 20-25m? Not seeing that.

To pay him 20? Sure they can.

Half of their team should be in the G-League.

I think they probably value him in the 13-15m range too. 20-25m? Doubtful.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Would love to just sign PG and then sign Randle to like 4yr 55ish mil
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Julius is gonna get paid well. And he deserves it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

HEre's the thing, maybe LA should start looking at Randle as potentially one of those "max guys".

As a starter he's put up numbers that would earn anyone at the very least close to a rookie max offer sheet.

In the last 5 games, Randle has averaged

20 PPG
8 REB
4 AST
58.1% Field Goal
31 MPG

Since being made a starter he's averaged

17 PPG
9 REB
3 AST
56% Field Goal
27 MPG

So understand that if Randle was playign 35 MPG like KAT or Wiggins or Giannis and such Randle would be putting up 21/11/3 which was pretty much the same PER36 as Blake, however Blake played 38 MPG so his numbers were higher. But Randle's numbers are in that range, except he's a better rebounder and defender.

So yes, Randle has played at a level deserving of a rookie max. The only reason some of ya'll think you can get away with paying him 10M a year is because of him coming off the bench earlier this season effecting his stats. But the level Randle's played at is VERY deserving of something much higher, you're looking at 16M at the LEAST and 20-22M at the most.

Here's the thing, if you have to pay Randle between 16M - 20M instead of going "oh but what about the other max's 2-3 years from now that may or may not come!!!" maybe you should be going "wow, I'm glad we drafted this kid that's playing at a such a high level like a max/near max level for us."

The Priorities have become depending on people not even here as opposed to appreciating who already is here and contributing to our wins.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

And the team is winning when Randle’s a starter... don’t lose this guys, The Beast
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Plan is clear for now.

I def want Jules long term but doubt the FO will consider him as a max FA or taking away a spot. Remember it affects 2019 space too.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The archtype for the center on a team with LeBron is a guy who (a) rebounds, (b) can switch defensively, and (c) spaces. Chris Bosh is the standard and Love has been the guy in Cleveland, though his difficulty switching has forced Cleveland to adjust in other ways.

Randle rebounds and switches really well. If he can just make himself a little more of a threat from distance he becomes an excellent fit with LeBron and another max. However if they only get George you don't want Randle's salary to prevent a 2019 max slot. You can pay him into some of that space but his contract has to be reasonably moveable. Plus, George is probably going to prefer you retain Randle if he's coming without another star.

Basically, the primary scenario where Randle doesn't return is where he gets an oversized offer in a bear market and LA doesn't get 2Max. Nothing is certain but LA has the leverage in the right direction.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
HEre's the thing, maybe LA should start looking at Randle as potentially one of those "max guys".

As a starter he's put up numbers that would earn anyone at the very least close to a rookie max offer sheet.

In the last 5 games, Randle has averaged

20 PPG
8 REB
4 AST
58.1% Field Goal
31 MPG

Since being made a starter he's averaged

17 PPG
9 REB
3 AST
56% Field Goal
27 MPG

So understand that if Randle was playign 35 MPG like KAT or Wiggins or Giannis and such Randle would be putting up 21/11/3 which was pretty much the same PER36 as Blake, however Blake played 38 MPG so his numbers were higher. But Randle's numbers are in that range, except he's a better rebounder and defender.

So yes, Randle has played at a level deserving of a rookie max. The only reason some of ya'll think you can get away with paying him 10M a year is because of him coming off the bench earlier this season effecting his stats. But the level Randle's played at is VERY deserving of something much higher, you're looking at 16M at the LEAST and 20-22M at the most.

Here's the thing, if you have to pay Randle between 16M - 20M instead of going "oh but what about the other max's 2-3 years from now that may or may not come!!!" maybe you should be going "wow, I'm glad we drafted this kid that's playing at a such a high level like a max/near max level for us."

The Priorities have become depending on people not even here as opposed to appreciating who already is here and contributing to our wins.

Lol relax man, I think we all appreciate Randle. It's a perfectly acceptable conversation to ask whether we would rather have Randle over 1 Max, Kuz, or somebody else if we were forced into that decision. As much as he has improved, the jury is still out on if he can be a main contributor to a championship team. Personally I think he has All-Star potential and should definitely be retained for less than the max if possible.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Also just because someone "deserves" a certain amount of money doesn't mean he'll get it. The market is way different than two years ago, and that can work out in our favor if we will be able to resign him for a bargain.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Also just because someone "deserves" a certain amount of money doesn't mean he'll get it. The market is way different than two years ago, and that can work out in our favor if we will be able to resign him for a bargain.

Right we’re talking about the market not what a player is “worth” only. There is a restriction of the cap market coming this summer. Stinks for non star FAs.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plan is clear for now.

I def want Jules long term but doubt the FO will consider him as a max FA or taking away a spot. Remember it affects 2019 space too.

Also, his scoring might not be as important if we pick up some scorers in the off season. I think the team might rather go for an athletic, rim protector. Randle's perimeter defense and interior scoring is close to elite. But we need him also protecting the paint. Rick Carlisle exploited our whole defense last night. And it's not Jules fault, but we need him to step up in those situations. I did here he took the blame though, which is something I do like.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

2016 market Jules getting 20m. 2018 with that shrinking cap space market not so much.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Plan is clear for now.

Also, his scoring might not be as important if we pick up some scorers in the off season. I think the team might rather go for an athletic, rim protector. Randle's perimeter defense and interior scoring is close to elite. But we need him also protecting the paint. Rick Carlisle exploited our whole defense last night. And it's not Jules fault, but we need him to step up in those situations. I did here he took the blame though, which is something I do like.

His ability to switch is more important to our defensive schemes than an athletic rim protector.

I think, and I hope he'll go back and study that game as a defensive lesson. I've seen him adjust on defense a bunch this year, I think it's in him. I also think he's doing a better job rim protecting this year than previous seasons, like immensely better. He'll get quicker on his rotations.

Also assuming we get George, a lineup that includes Ball, George and Ingram is so long and athletic that they would be able to do a decent job of rim protect by committee.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.

You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m

Who has that kind of cap space and will spend it on him is the question.

Dallas does. They can open up 29 million this summer.

So they will renounce every FA to pay jules 20-25m? Not seeing that.

To pay him 20? Sure they can.

Half of their team should be in the G-League.

I think they probably value him in the 13-15m range too. 20-25m?
Doubtful.

That's why it will be very tricky if Cuban makes well calculated offer in 18~20 mil. I love Jules but it is very easy to say good bye at 21~25 mil per yr.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Jules is a nice player. His true place in this league is either a starter on a below .500 team or a reserve on a playoff team. Any team that would max him is using their cap space in a way that would prevent them from signing other quality FA’s that can help them be a winning team. He is similiar to JC/DLO/Nance in that respect. They are all OK players, but if they are eating your cap up you’re in trouble.

I admit, he has improved...but he isn’t a good shooter and is an average defender (which has improved since last season). He is never going to be an all star, he has nothing really special about him. He’s Bobby Portis, exact same numbers almost.

Now a team like Brooklyn or Dallas may want to max him, because he will take them from 20 to 25 wins or something and they aren’t attracting any big name FA’s.

His true league value 4 years $40 with a player option, 4 years 48 with a team option after year 3. If someone like Dallas offers more than that, you let him walk...maybe you give him $16 a year if it’s a 2-1 and we don’t land 2 max FA’s.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Our entire season turned around as has our win percentage since Randle got put into the starting lineup next to Lopez.

He's very much one of the biggest reasons for the successful run we've had during this portion of the season.

All you guys going "Well we don't knoe if he's a contributor to a championship team or not..."

I think Omar said it best.

Omar Little wrote:
In fairness, the Lakers are only on a 57-58 win pace over those games, so it’s not like it is translating to wins.

Yeah.. so he's definitely a contributor to winning..

I don't know what else you want from the kid.

He's a 20/11/4 guy at 23 that can defend all 5 positions and set us on a 57-58 win pace as a starter.

And the fact some of ya'll even look at a 20/10 guy and go "yeah but his offense is predictable and unreliable without a consistent jumper" when the guy is shooting 55-60+% from the field while ya'll are saying that.

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject:

I know it's been a while since we've had one but it's easy to see that guys like Randle, JC, Nance etc. are championship pieces when paired with a healthy superstar. Seems like many look at our guys thru the lens of first options which is unfair to them and the likely cause of skewed expectations and warped evaluations.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Matajotos
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I know it's been a while since we've had one but it's easy to see that guys like Randle, JC, Nance etc. are championship pieces when paired with a healthy superstar. Seems like many look at our guys thru the lens of first options which is unfair to them and the likely cause of skewed expectations and warped evaluations.

Yea some people can't get past there feelings of him from his previous years.
He's definitely a championship piece especially if you pair him with the right person down low. His best position is PF. Say like a boogie cousins who can shoot from 3 spread the floor and play rim protecter letting Randle do everything he's a baller at. Down right scary.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers don't need two max guys, they need PG and Randle and a defensive center, than a couple low level role guys on the bench.

Randle has been better every year in the NBA and after years of development to lose him for nothing when he's starting to bear fruit would be insane. That is not how you build a team. He's only 23 and works hard, no reason to think he can't refine his game more. Ingram, Kuz and Randle means you're set at the forward position. Ingram has greatly improved his 3 ball and you don't need Randle to hit threes.

Last edited by lakers4life78 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Lakers don't need two max guys, they need PG and Randle and a defensive center, than a couple low level role guys on the bench.

Randle has been better every year in the NBA and after years of development to lose him for nothing when he's starting to bear fruit would be insane. That is not how you build a team. He's only 23 and works hard, no reason to think he can't refine his game more. Ingram, Kuz and him means you're set at the forward position.

Is that we traded DLO, JC, Nance? To re-up Jules?

There are ways to keep him as part of our long term plans (which I am 100% for).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Randle has been better every year in the NBA and after years of development to lose him for nothing when he's starting to bear fruit would be insane. That is not how you build a team. He's only 23 and works hard, no reason to think he can't refine his game more. Ingram, Kuz and him means you're set at the forward position.

There are ways to keep him as part of our long term plans (which I am 100% for).

Yin, if we manage to convince Jules (maybe and Lopez too) to take QO, $5mil each? For a big payday 2019. Sign our 2 max. Do we have to stretch/trade Deng or can we leave him alone? What is the $ cap space situation like in 2019?
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Yes, because hypothetically they could sign PG for 30 million, Randle for 16 million and have 20 plus million in cap space remaining.

I'm not a fan of DLo, never have been, to me he's proven nothing in Brooklyn besides having a bad knee. Plus he's only got a year left before you have to pay him or deal him. LNJ was a nice cheap role player, but Kuzma and Randle are better. Clarkson is replaceable as well, can find a guy cheaper or maybe they find another gem with the Cle pick.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Yin, if we manage to convince Jules (maybe and Lopez too) to take QO, $5mil each? For a big payday 2019. Sign our 2 max. Do we have to stretch/trade Deng or can we leave him alone? What is the $ cap space situation like in 2019?

No chance no way no how he's taking the QO. No way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Yeah doubt that he's taking the QO. He's at "worst" getting 12m IMO (maybe higher depending on who wants to frack the Lakers 2018 2 max plan).
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Yeah doubt that he's taking the QO. He's at "worst" getting 12m IMO (maybe higher depending on who wants to frack the Lakers 2018 2 max plan).

I think teams will be weary to pay players this offseason. The Lou Will deal sort of set the market. Salary cap and FRPs are the 2018 craze.
Dallas is probably the biggest threat to sign Jules. They will have a high lottery pick this year. If they get a big in the draft, they may be more hesitant to offer Randle big money especially since they already have Barnes playing the 4.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1332, 1333, 1334 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1333 of 1536
Jump to: