Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

referring to James' postgame message....
Quote:
"'That's the way to hoop,'" Clarkson shared. "That was it."

JC is so deep..

Quote:
Nance Jr., who spent his entire career as a teammate of Clarkson with the Los Angeles Lakers, said the combo guard's Cavs debut was no aberration.

"That's JC. That's Jordan Clarkson, get used to it," he said. "What you saw tonight is Jordan Clarkson. That was nothing outstanding, that's his norm. Be ready for it."

LINK
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Happy for both of them.

They showed pure class wearing Mamba's number. True Lakers I can say.

And also they beat Boston. Well done guys. Keep it up.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject:

Clarkson and Nance will be huge for Cavs In my opinion more than Hood or Hill they are both impact players.Clarkson will thrive in that system and Cavs will love the hard nosed defense Nance brings.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Love JC. The dude never complained about coming off the bench, even though he is starter material. Also dealt with the constant trade rumors like a professional.

Yeah, he could've easily been a pain in the ass to the organization after his stellar rookie year and the org picked DLo. Instead he was a consummate pro every step of the way.

well said.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

Cavs fans are calling the Lakers their farm system now. 🙄
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I've got their farm ...🍆
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

That’s funny coming from fans of an organization with their history.

It’s one game and they are excited, but these situations don’t suddenly go from toxic to perfect just like that. Let’s see what happens after this initial jolt. It’s not like they added all-stars to help Lebron. It’s a few younger role players.

Lebron vs. Gilbert vs. Lue vs. Everyone hates Love...that stuff doesn’t just go away.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

Nance and JC will play well for the Cavs...it was a good deal for both teams as each team got what they wanted...Cavs get a reboot, younger role player guys.....lakeers got a pick and financial flexibility and options
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

It's really not that confounding.

Lakers have a 2 max plan. NBA prognosticators (whether you believe them or not) thought that JC may require an asset from the Lakers to trade, especially in the summer. We got a 1st rounder for him (after including Nance in the trade).

Cavs had a bunch of old and decrepit guys that LBJ personally recruited/wanted on the team (which the Cavs then undid). They got younger and got 2 guys who have never sniffed the playoffs who are obviously enthusiastic.

1 game does not alter LBJ's path or the season. Yes, JC/Nance will help the Cavs but there's no telling whether that even changes LBJ's mind in the long run anyways.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

Clarkson and Larry have played with Bryant and James. Not a lot of guys can say that. Looks like Clarkson really had fun out there.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

That’s funny coming from fans of an organization with their history.

It’s one game and they are excited, but these situations don’t suddenly go from toxic to perfect just like that. Let’s see what happens after this initial jolt. It’s not like they added all-stars to help Lebron. It’s a few younger role players.

Lebron vs. Gilbert vs. Lue vs. Everyone hates Love...that stuff doesn’t just go away.

Going to be interesting if shipping Thomas out will ease some of that "hate" though. Just one game but the Cavs looked pretty solid with that performance. The Gilbert/Lebron issues will never get fixed. Right up to the day they retire his jersey. On court issues changed dramatically for them.

The four new role players all add a renewed dynamic and roster chemistry that was not there over the past month. Could get pretty interesting come playoff time. All four add tangible skills without the ego.

Hated seeing Clarkson and Nance getting traded. Both looked very good yesterday. Only time will tell if the long term plan was worth trading them for $14m of cap space a 1st. Good trade logistically but worthless if the FO does not spend it wisely.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

So JC had a good game. Can't wait to see how Cavs fans react when he goes 3-14 with laughable turnovers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

It's the enthusiasm of the first day of school meeting your friends again and everything is cool. But let's see how things fare come May/June.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
So JC had a good game. Can't wait to see how Cavs fans react when he goes 3-14 with laughable turnovers.

IMO Rodney Hood is the player that will eventually outshine all of the Cavs new guys.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Only time will tell if the long term plan was worth trading them for $14m of cap space a 1st. Good trade logistically but worthless if the FO does not spend it wisely.

This is the TBD part. All these cap space trades are foolish if they don’t get their star Max FAs.

I think everyone is still amazed they got the 1st round pick as those are extremely valuable. Cleveland was desperate and the lakers are the beneficiary, but yeah if they don’t get the stars, it was pretty foolish to trade Nance and Clarkson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

IMO Rodney Hood is the player that will eventually outshine all of the Cavs new guys.

He's a nice prospect. However, he's also been injured a lot and is up for a payday. Some think Jules will get 20m (disagree), so how much is Hood getting, especially if LBJ stays?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's the enthusiasm of the first day of school meeting your friends again and everything is cool. But let's see how things fare come May/June.

Yup. Let’s see what happens at the first sign of adversity. History suggests Lebron throws a hissy fit and quits.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

JC was one of my fav Lakers. I thought he got a raw deal getting blamed and lots of hate from LGers. He was one of our best players but had to deal with trade rumors all year. I hope he’s in a place that will let him do well, show his skills, and be happy.

Nance is all class, hustle, and energy. Looks like a great guy to have as a teammate.

However, I totally get what the FO is trying to accomplish and hope we can get it done. That would be the only thing that will help me get over losing two of our good guys.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Yesterday was great. JC did well in his debut, the Cavs crushed the Celtics at home on Pierce's retirement day, and the Celtics lost their lead in the East.

I'll go back to rooting against the Cavs for our draft pick after tomorrow's game against OKC.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He's nothing special. There's a reason he got traded for a bag of chips. LeBron is not making his decision based on players like Hood, Clarkson, and Nance. He's gonna base it on his fit with Harden/CP3, PG/Ball and company, Embiid/Simmons, and whoever the Cavs can get with the BRK pick plus fillers.

Assuming it's even a basketball decision obviously.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
JC was one of my fav Lakers. I thought he got a raw deal getting blamed and lots of hate from LGers. He was one of our best players but had to deal with trade rumors all year. I hope he’s in a place that will let him do well, show his skills, and be happy.

Nance is all class, hustle, and energy. Looks like a great guy to have as a teammate.

However, I totally get what the FO is trying to accomplish and hope we can get it done. That would be the only thing that will help me get over losing two of our good guys.

yeah, hated to see JC go....but I bet he is ecstatic to be there.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:

I am rooting for JC and Nance in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if JC eventually becomes starting SG instead of JR Smith. Let's see.

Spread your wings and fly JC.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Cavs fans are too busy knuckle draggin' and scratching their butts to realize that #8 & #24 is a Mamba Mentality thing... Doesn't take a genius...

On a different note, I hope little Gilbert has successful brain surgery... I might not even hate on his dad anymore...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:

I am rooting for JC and Nance in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if JC eventually becomes starting SG instead of JR Smith. Let's see.

No it’ll be hood instead.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:

No it’ll be hood instead.

Let's see what happens. Not convinced Hood can outplay JC.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 11 of 28
Jump to: