2018 Cavs - I need an explanation!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
so whats the story with the Wade trade? I havent followed the Cavs closely but he seemed like a decent player to have as a spark off the bench plus he's Lebron's friend... yet they trade him away for basically nothing??
Was there some kind of discontent or something between Wade and the Cavs/Lebron?

With Hill, Clarkson, and Hood coming in, Cavs decided his role would be reduced.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I think the Cavs did an excellent job....and I expect them to make it to the Finals again this year. All that being said, I still expect Lebron to exit. Cavs made the moves that help them a little while Lebron is there, and could help them after Lebron is gone. If you remove Lebron.....but still have Love, Hill, Hood, Nance, Clarkson, Thompson, Smith and Osman....they could still be in contention for a playoff spot in the East for a year or two while they wait for bloated salaries to expire and may be able to rebuild without bottoming out this time.

Yeah, they remade a roster that looked destined for an early playoff exit to one that might go back to the Finals again....still, not good enough to beat the top 3-4 teams in the west though.

The West only has 2 top teams that I’d pick over Cleveland. Spurs would need Leonard and I have to see him play at a high level to believe it will happen because he almost seems cursed this year.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

possible real reason for Wade trade revealed:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-wade-was-biggest-issue-in-cavaliers-locker-room/
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

anyone know what nance's contract is like since the trade?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have suspended guard JR Smith for Thursday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers for detrimental conduct, the team announced.

Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said "something happened after shootaround" Thursday that led to Smith's one-game suspension.

I don't know why the Cavs put up with this guy.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have suspended guard JR Smith for Thursday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers for detrimental conduct, the team announced.

Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said "something happened after shootaround" Thursday that led to Smith's one-game suspension.

I don't know why the Cavs put up with this guy.

Especially since he shoots 39% from the field and plays no defense.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: