OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 868, 869, 870 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have Lonzo for 5 years minimum even if he takes QO. I doubt he will refuse an extension either risking a lot of money. Anyways, LaVar isn't helping Lonzo with such comments. Neither Gelo nor Melo either.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

If Lonzo goes with LaVar's plan, that is big.

I can see Magic signing LiAngelo for the minimum. Maybe two-way contract.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Awful comments by Lavar. Its not taht I am taking his comments seriously at all
but this is so stupid. Good luck to Lonzo with this man.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

seriously....as much as lavar has helped lonzo get to where he is now...

it's time to let zo go and be his own man. stop being a deterrent
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
@LakersReporter

Quote:
Lonzo Ball has progressed to doing drills at full speed and hasn’t had any set backs. Next step is to do drills with some contact from asst. coach Miles Simon. After that, practice w/rest of team.

That trade and text sped things up lol

what text?
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?

No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.

The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.

Where does that narrative even come from in the first place? Was he a bad defender during college or something? How is his lateral quickness?

It was the 2 games against De'Aaron Fox in college, and Fox played his best games against Lonzo, so everybody saw those games as Lonzo getting "exposed" and "terrible" on defense, so everybody just ran with it. Also, some highlights early in the season of John Wall blowing by him, so everyone that hates on him use those reasons against Lonzo. But, for those that watch the games, along with the advanced stats on defense show that Lonzo is already really, really good on defense. He's going to be making a bunch of All-NBA 1st team or 2nd team defensive teams in the future imo.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo was a limited participant in today's practice.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lonzo was a limited participant in today's practice.

Hope things keep progressing well.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

please come back soon Zo.

but i personally wouldn't be totally against sitting him out til after the all star break
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Was going to put this in general discussion, but there is more traffic here and it’s pertinent to Lonzo:

https://twitter.com/urbodo/status/963142648348409857

If that is really how Lonzo is going to feel and just follow his dad's lead his whole life then I definitely would feel more open to trading him if there was a star available. Hopefully Lonzo decides to be his own man eventually.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Was going to put this in general discussion, but there is more traffic here and it’s pertinent to Lonzo:

If that is really how Lonzo is going to feel and just follow his dad's lead his whole life then I definitely would feel more open to trading him if there was a star available. Hopefully Lonzo decides to be his own man eventually.

I think the Lakers can make his life a nightmare by trading his arse, to somewhere far and cold.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Oh gosh
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Safe to say he probably won’t be playing in the rising stars game...

Lakers have a back to back on Wed/Thurs, and then the game is on Friday. They probably won’t want him playing a back-to-back-back or even a back-to-back, and it’s not a good look to have him miss regular season games just to bring him back for an exhibition game.

Kind of sucks, but oh well.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
seriously....as much as lavar has helped lonzo get to where he is now...

it's time to let zo go and be his own man. stop being a deterrent
he helped zo get to where you wanted him to be. on your favorite team. so you got to take the good with the bad. did yall really think papa ball was going to stop?

Its simple. if you don't want to hear someone. stop listening to them. every time you see an article you don't have to click on it. every time you see a tweet its not a mandatory click. This is a nice lesson in discipline. can you be disciplined enough to not pay attention to someone you don't want to hear from? I can. Can you?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I think the Lakers can make his life a nightmare by trading his arse, to somewhere far and cold.
lol you only wish. There is no such thing as a living nightmare when you're a millionaire playing a sport for fun.

I HATE cold weather and never want to live anywhere but cali. BUt offer me 40 million to stay in shape and bounce a ball. BY CALI. See yall in the summertime.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why would you care if he follows his dad's lead?

What basketball reasons do you have to care?

What did lavar say that wasn't accurate about zo and his sons?

Does zo play best when he's playing with his brothers? of course he does. that's his brothers that he knows inside and out. and they know him the same.
so that is true.

Now the question is will his brothers be good enough to play in the nba? If not, that will be a bad move by zo. so we will see when the time comes.

BUT. and this is a big but. What if. The other two sons are good enough to be in the nba, what if the youngest one is DLO good at 18? are you still willing to act like he's not as good as he actually is at that point? What if the middle brother is a bigger version of JJ Reddick. same money shot and everything. same lack of defense, but money lights out shooter. will you as a laker fan try to lie to yourself and say it isn't the case when it is?

We don't know what the future will hold for us in 3 or so years time. Lets see what happens.

again if zo's bros are not nba ready and he wants to leave. BYE. Lakers first. remember kobe got to yelling to loud about leaving and we were about to say Bye to the mamba. No one is bigger than that P&G.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Question... Why did Lonzo have a reputation for being a bad defender when he's actually rated as the third best defensive PG in the entire league right now? Are the stats missing something or is he actually a lockdown defender?

No, he is actually a really good defender. Narrative coming into the season what that he was bad and the media likes to dump on him and doesn’t watch the game or know anything about stats except for points, rebounds, assists.

I don’t think he’s a lockdown defender though. That term means that he can shut down guys one on one. His man defense is just average actually, but his help defense, his recovery skills and his defensive anticipation are elite.

The rep was carried over from college and maybe some summer league. His defensive improvement from summer league has been superb. People saying he's not a good defender aren't paying attention. Love that we drafted two guys in Hart/Lonzo who both defend and rebound extremely well from the guard spots.

Where does that narrative even come from in the first place? Was he a bad defender during college or something? How is his lateral quickness?

It was the 2 games against De'Aaron Fox in college, and Fox played his best games against Lonzo, so everybody saw those games as Lonzo getting "exposed" and "terrible" on defense, so everybody just ran with it. Also, some highlights early in the season of John Wall blowing by him, so everyone that hates on him use those reasons against Lonzo. But, for those that watch the games, along with the advanced stats on defense show that Lonzo is already really, really good on defense. He's going to be making a bunch of All-NBA 1st team or 2nd team defensive teams in the future imo.
you don't need a stat to show you he plays very good defense.

DFox and John wall probably the two fastest nba players in the league maybe westbrook is number 2 and fox is 2B.

and you mad that those guys are blowing past a rookie as if they're not blowing past every single nba guard every single night. you don't stop them with your pg. you stop them with your help defenders. lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Dang. Will likely miss a month.

I hope this was just a freak injury or something, b/c DLO/JC as the other young guards never missed this many games their rookie years to injury.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope this was just a freak injury or something, b/c DLO/JC as the other young guards never missed this many games their rookie years to injury.

Wait. What? Is this an additional month now?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wait. What? Is this an additional month now?

No. If he's out past the ASG that'll be a month plus./
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

People talking about Fultz, now Lonzo going through it. And to think, Lonzo shot is broken with no sort of injury to his shoulder or arms, anything of that nature.

I just laugh when people have already concluded that Lonzo is good to go and Fultz is a bust.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
People talking about Fultz, now Lonzo going through it. And to think, Lonzo shot is broken with no sort of injury to his shoulder or arms, anything of that nature.

I just laugh when people have already concluded that Lonzo is good to go and Fultz is a bust.

Lonzo was looking reallyyyyyy good before he got injured, but I agree we shouldn't jump to label Fultz a bust either. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how he fits in with Philly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Yeah. I really miss Lonzo.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Lavar will eventually drive the Lakers to trade Lonzo in some deal like D'Angelo. They've made it clear from day 1 they won't put up with bs and distractions. They're just not doing it now because he's their pick and they have to show that this was the right decision, if not he'd be on the trade block already IMO. I really like Lonzo, looks like a serous kid and a good locker room guy, but the Lavar show has gotten old and stale, was funny at first but not so much any more.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Safe to say he probably won’t be playing in the rising stars game...

Lakers have a back to back on Wed/Thurs, and then the game is on Friday. They probably won’t want him playing a back-to-back-back or even a back-to-back, and it’s not a good look to have him miss regular season games just to bring him back for an exhibition game.

Kind of sucks, but oh well.

Rising Stars game should be the least of his concerns. It is a meaningless game. Sit on the bench and get some camera time. But take the time off and come back healthy.

Even if part of his rehab they wanted to get him some playing time I prefer it be limited mpg on Wed or Thurs instead. Then still has several days to rest and monitor any possible setbacks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 868, 869, 870 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 869 of 1688
Jump to: