Official “ IT piss and moan fest “ Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
I piss and moaned about IT yesterday after the tough loss. However, with the benefit of a night's sleep and some perspective I think the trade is still a win for us no matter what happens. There are like 3 possibilities

1) Its 20 odd games. If we get Lebron, IT won't be here 100% because (a) Lebron and him don't get along and (b) there wouldn't be enough money for him anyway.

OR

2) If we don't get out max FAs, he'll be useful as a salary cap placeholder for the 2019 plan since he would do a KCP and take a one year balloon payment. He has to - since he hasn't been paid through his career - and this is really needed to showcase himself for the max contract that he admittedly earned for his play in Boston. but 'lost' due to being injured and then traded to Cleveland.

OR

3) We figure out how to best utilize his talents while hiding his deficiencies a la Boston and he fully recovers from his hip injury. And he becomes a MVP candidate for us and we got our max player through trade. Frankly watching the game yesterday, it was nice to actually see someone in the purple and gold whose shot was almost automatic.

So whatever happens, I think we come out on top. Its going to be ugly for the last 20 odd games because the team has to learn how to play together again but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

4) we won't sign a top end FA so we are forced to resign IT so we have to deal with his ego, his poor defense and his ability to make elite players say HELL NO I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH IT" and decide to avoid the Lakers altogether. We end up losing another year, playing at a level that makes the other young talent on the team decide to leave for better teams and we look like SAC for the next 3-4 years.

Amazing but almost all of your 19 posts here have been attacking IT everywhere. Seems you finally have a topic you feel strong enough to post about.

We get it....you really don't want IT here. But he is here and will be until the end of this season at the least. Many of us are willing to wait and see how he turns out here.

Just because LBJ doesn't like IT....doesn't mean everyone else hates him.
He was a terrific teammate for the Celtics. He gave his all.....played thru the hurt hip, dealt with his 22 yr old sister's sudden death & funeral, played with his tooth knocked out & other teeth needing oral surgery to try to save them....all this without missing one single playoff game while playing his heart out.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

^^^^I do not get why your in the IT "Piss & Moan" thread acting annoyed posters are pissing & moaning about IT. It would be like going to a weight watchers meeting hoping to score some cheesecake and ice cream.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^^I do not get why your in the IT "Piss & Moan" thread acting annoyed posters are pissing & moaning about IT. It would be like going to a weight watchers meeting hoping to score some cheesecake and ice cream.

I feel he has been OTT about it here and in other threads too but I do see your point. Maybe I should stay out of here.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Can we lock this up already. Embarrassing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we lock this up already. Embarrassing.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

plenty of other threads...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
Our defense was good before we traded for IT. Our defense was bad after trading for IT.

And people are tripping over themselves trying to explain how trading for the worst defender in the league isn't the cause of our defensive collapse.

So IT made everyone else quit playing any defense?

Got it.

We basically made Dirk look 21 again, it was hard to watch. Julius Randle in general is hard to watch though, i'm not sure if he will ever develop beyond lowering shoulders and picking up offensive fouls. It's hard not to laugh at some of the terrible shots he takes in the paint.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

we fight to change the culture of the team to defense first and as soon as someone that can score comes along it's forget about the defense (can't drive a car long with one flat tire) .
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
Our defense was good before we traded for IT. Our defense was bad after trading for IT.

And people are tripping over themselves trying to explain how trading for the worst defender in the league isn't the cause of our defensive collapse.

So IT made everyone else quit playing any defense?

Got it.

We basically made Dirk look 21 again, it was hard to watch. Julius Randle in general is hard to watch though, i'm not sure if he will ever develop beyond lowering shoulders and picking up offensive fouls. It's hard not to laugh at some of the terrible shots he takes in the paint.

https://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1518329301-Lakers-Mavericks-Basketball.jpg?q=50&auto=format&w=1000
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

I came back here because you guys have nothing on the Official IT thread. And you thought you were the P&M thread. Pick up your game, because this is laughable. The regularly thread is putting you guys to shame on the IT bashing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: