OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 954, 955, 956 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Next stage in his development is the hesi pull-up jimbo from 3

He has several weapons to master. All of which I believe he can improve by footwork. You see the hesi pump fake he’s working on? Well he does get his guy in the air. It’s just a matter of creating contact when he gets his defender to bite to get to the line. This is where Mamba used to just drain his defender... frustration breaks the tired guy guarding you. Given proper footwork, who knows, BI could possibly develop something Giannis has not, a Jordanesque fade away jumper.

Also, Ingram glides a lot in his stride, he’s so long, that in two strides, he’s at the basket. However, the strides kinda give away his intentions of taking it to the rack. I’d like to see him develop some chop in his step; keeping his head up on the dribble. It could go a long way to helping him quicken his step, while adding deception in his intention. Is he taking it to the rack, is he looking to set up the kick out, will he pop a j in my eye? These are the questions he should want rolling around in his defenders’ minds.

I think he just need to call his number and ask for help. I know Stackhouse is great mentor for BI but few tips from Kobe cant hurt. And I am 100% sure that Kobe is more than willing to help. Even one week working with Kobe can make wonders for BI IMO.

I feel like BI might be too shy to reach out. I know the feeling when dealing with mentors in my field. I know they said to ask them if I ever need anything, but do they really mean that, or are they just being nice? Kuz on the other hand is probably the more assertive type and just called right away.

I feel like BI might be the type of guy who, after a disappointing rookie season, would want to prove himself worthy of going to the mamba before asking for help.

Or maybe they already did meet up and he just didn't want to make a big deal about it publicly. Kobe probably gives more high level mental approach advice rather than detailed lessons on the craft. Honestly, coaches and trainers can get you to a certain fundamental level. After he's there, then he can go to the master for the secrets.

Gordon Hayward directly attributed spending a week in the off-season staying at Kobe's crib with his big improvement in his season before the catastrophic injury. The guy posted career highs in scoring, efficiency and you could just see how adept he was at getting to his spots on the floor.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

My constant defending of Ingram from my friends saying he was a bust and the next Marvin Williams is finallypaying off lol
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Tayshaun Prince was one of his main comparisons of people who were low on Ingram. Last season, thought that his floor and one comparison of Ingram was to Nicolas Batum. But, he is already averaging 16 ppg, which is already more than Prince & Batum ever averaged at only age 20. Everything is lining up towards the Kawhi/Giannis trajectory in his career. Now we know why he is Mr. Untouchable after all.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
So I haven't been able to catch games (or go on LG etc) and will be MIA for a bit, but BI's 39% from 3 (yeah yeah yeah low volume I know) deserves a

Yeah, you can stay the (bleep) away until Brandon cools off.

It appears as long as I stay away, BI won't cool off. Might as well ban me now
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Tayshaun Prince was one of his main comparisons of people who were low on Ingram. Last season, thought that his floor and one comparison of Ingram was to Nicolas Batum. But, he is already averaging 16 ppg, which is already more than Prince & Batum ever averaged at only age 20. Everything is lining up towards the Kawhi/Giannis trajectory in his career. Now we know why he is Mr. Untouchable after all.

Tayshaun Prince was a great player. That chase down block of Reggie Miller in the ECF won them the championship. The Pacers weren't going to beat the Lakers that year.

But yeah. BI should be a much more accomplished player when it's all said and done. Hopefully.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/26DMTNHidAoTKRA4w/giphy.gif

The feeling I get watching this is probably the same way inspector feels when he hears a trade rumor 😂
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject:

39,3 % from the 3pt line and only 20 yrs old. Imagine BI in 3-4 years.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The feeling I get watching this is probably the same way inspector feels when he hears a trade rumor 😂

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Yep. Seems like BI or Luke is reading GT's posts or something because he is playing mostly at the hoop and the 3 right now. Or making a good pass.

Efficiencies aside, I get the impression so much of BI's shooting and overall performance is mental at this point. He seems to have figured out the mechanics/body memory for hitting a quick spot up 3 (that's new). He has been good other times at hitting midrange turn arounds or pullups (that's gone the last few games). He even looks great sometimes at the FT line. I could be projecting, but it seems like he has all those tools, but sometimes he just can't focus them. Not complaining at all, though. I'm deliriously happy with his improvement. He seems like the kind of player who will keep working at that ___ and pull it all together at some point. And he is going to get stronger. And the game will keep slowing down for him. Future is bright.

My concern with Ingram has never been his ceiling or his tools, but how far he had to go to develop them.

I think they've made enormous strides in terms of his skill development this season, and that's a huge credit to Ingram and Brian Keefe. Those are the guys doing the nuts and bolts of that work.

My main complaint this season has been how that skill development has been deployed, which is mostly a Luke & coaching staff thing. These last few games have been beautiful. The next step is to stack better defense on top of this.

Does this mean you've changed your mind and think he can be at least a 20ppg scorer in this league?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

That was NOICE!
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
So I haven't been able to catch games (or go on LG etc) and will be MIA for a bit, but BI's 39% from 3 (yeah yeah yeah low volume I know) deserves a

Yeah, you can stay the (bleep) away until Brandon cools off.

Back in the day they used to teach kids to get automatic from closer to the basket before working their way back. Sort of around the world progression. Brandon always looked like he had good touch, just somewhat funky and inconsistent mechanics. You can see they've worked on that. I'm not sure his use of midrange wasn't just getting comfortable in-game at that range before moving out further. In this latter part of the year he seems to be putting up more attempts from distance.

I agree with this. I never had a problem with Ingram's 3 point attempts because he never attempted bad 3s. Brook and Kuz used to kill me with this early on, taking contested 3s and you KNEW they were gonna brick by how hard the defense closed out. It really used to irk me because both of them are good at attacking closeouts but insisted on jacking up 3s that had no chance of going in. I think Brandon now has a good sense of when and when not to shoot it while also having a quicker release than before which will help him maintain a high percentage that he wouldn't have had if he was just chucking them up at every opportunity.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Tayshaun Prince was a great player. That chase down block of Reggie Miller in the ECF won them the championship. The Pacers weren't going to beat the Lakers that year.

But yeah. BI should be a much more accomplished player when it's all said and done. Hopefully.

I think he's more Kawai than Giannis. I don't think BI has that athletic ability like Giannis (though Kawai isn't a slouch either).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

I think he's more Kawai than Giannis. I don't think BI has that athletic ability like Giannis (though Kawai isn't a slouch either).

Ingram is a future multi-time DPOY award winner?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

No. I'm just saying b/w Kawai/Giannis he's more the former.
GO_Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Great YouTube channel

For anyone who is interested, this is a great YouTube channel for BI highlights. This guy makes monthly compilations of all of his shot attempts, misses/makes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLl6EsFLMuk0p9_YDYd-KKg/videos
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Great YouTube channel

GO_Kobe wrote:
For anyone who is interested, this is a great YouTube channel for BI highlights. This guy makes monthly compilations of all of his shot attempts, misses/makes.

LFR has some competition!
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

No. I'm just saying b/w Kawai/Giannis he's more the former.

Who knows? Perhaps they both join BI in 19' & 20'?
GO_Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Great YouTube channel

trablos wrote:
GO_Kobe wrote:

LFR has some competition!

Nah, GT has the analysis game on LOCK. This guy just does highlights in bulk, which is helpful in its own right. I like to watch his misses to see the shot selection aspect of his game.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Not a shot expert, but it looks like even though his feet are set better and his body is more on balance overall when taking 3-pointers, the slingshot shooting motion is still there. Will that even be a problem, though, as long as it's working for him and the mechanics are consistent? Should at least be sustainable on uncontested looks, no?
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram has shot 48.1 percent from behind the arc over his last 15 games, bringing him up to 39.3 percent on the season.
#LakeShow https://t.co/KRkSdjmyGp
https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/963512426145628160
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Ingram deserves a ton of credit for buying into his tweaked jumpsuit over the summer. His shot used to have an ugly, catapult-ish hitch to it. Now it’s one smooth motion.
https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/963512958927040512
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Anybody else think he kinda shoots it like Larry Bird? 🕊
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Ingram deserves a ton of credit for buying into his tweaked jumpsuit over the summer. His shot used to have an ugly, catapult-ish hitch to it. Now it’s one smooth motion.
https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/963512958927040512

some kind of fashion statement?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He’s almost averaging 20PPG in the month of February his numbers currently 19.6 that is amazing progress for a 20 year old.

If his free-throw shooting was at an above-average level he'd probably be averaging 20 points a game this season. But that could be said for pretty much the entire team outside of the new acquisitions. Ingram could really explode next season just on a regular progression of his development.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 954, 955, 956 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 955 of 1885
Jump to: