Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread (Lakers own the 25th and 47th picks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 218, 219, 220  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
btw 44....have you watched Brandon McCoy? If so, what was your thoughts?


haven't watched much of him - checking out some highlights now

initial thoughts:
very good positional awareness but relatively slow hands
good seals, quick moves on catch
rudimentary technique/footwork

project with potential. floor as a rotation big. safe value pick in the 25-40 range?


only watched (on and off) of his most recent game.....came away more impressed than I expected. Definitely a more traditional Center from what I saw...but not a slow plodder. What do you mean when you say "relatively slow hands"?


from what i saw he bobbles a lot of passes/rebounds that should be clean catches.


Dpn't want another Kwame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
btw 44....have you watched Brandon McCoy? If so, what was your thoughts?


haven't watched much of him - checking out some highlights now

initial thoughts:
very good positional awareness but relatively slow hands
good seals, quick moves on catch
rudimentary technique/footwork

project with potential. floor as a rotation big. safe value pick in the 25-40 range?


only watched (on and off) of his most recent game.....came away more impressed than I expected. Definitely a more traditional Center from what I saw...but not a slow plodder. What do you mean when you say "relatively slow hands"?


from what i saw he bobbles a lot of passes/rebounds that should be clean catches.


Dpn't want another Kwame


Kwame Brown @ pick #25 in probably a solid pick.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Landry Shamet looks like a very good player around our range. Any comment about his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Landry Shamet looks like a very good player around our range. Any comment about his game.


from what I have seen....good size, great shooter, nice handle and has some craft to his game....seems like a high IQ player....but not the most athletic player, does not seem to have a great first step or blow by speed and already has a few foot injuries in his career....probably is taken in bottom 3rd of 1st Round (20-30 range).
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Landry Shamet looks like a very good player around our range. Any comment about his game.


from what I have seen....good size, great shooter, nice handle and has some craft to his game....seems like a high IQ player....but not the most athletic player, does not seem to have a great first step or blow by speed and already has a few foot injuries in his career....probably is taken in bottom 3rd of 1st Round (20-30 range).


Exactly what I saw, did not know about his foot problem. If u can shoot u don't need blow by speed IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5818

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

after watching a bunch of SJU games i am now all in on shamorie ponds. even with the cavs pick.
_________________
https://twitter.com/_44TheLogo

25: Melton, Hutchison, Huerter, Jontay, DeVincenzo, Okogie, Carr
47: Jalen McDaniels, Alize Johnson, Shamorie Ponds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Landry Shamet looks like a very good player around our range. Any comment about his game.


from what I have seen....good size, great shooter, nice handle and has some craft to his game....seems like a high IQ player....but not the most athletic player, does not seem to have a great first step or blow by speed and already has a few foot injuries in his career....probably is taken in bottom 3rd of 1st Round (20-30 range).


Exactly what I saw, did not know about his foot problem. If u can shoot u don't need blow by speed IMO.


I know he had a pretty bad break of his right foot this past summer....and I think it was a broken left foot that cost him his true Freshman season.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
after watching a bunch of SJU games i am now all in on shamorie ponds. even with the cavs pick.


just curious....have you seen any mocks or rankings that have him in that range?
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 1891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

to the draft experts. What is Malik Pope's projection?
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/malik-pope-1.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PG13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3244

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
to the draft experts. What is Malik Pope's projection?
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/malik-pope-1.html


Did he get better? I remember people wanted him last year if he came out. Seems like he can shoot.
_________________
Previously Russell1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 6935

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

is this Jevon carter kid any good
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 1891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
to the draft experts. What is Malik Pope's projection?
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/malik-pope-1.html


Did he get better? I remember people wanted him last year if he came out. Seems like he can shoot.


no idea, i wanted him last year as well. so was trying to see if he is improved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4649
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I don't hit up this thread too often so sorry if this has been addressed, but who's the next Jarrett Allen. He was drafted 22nd last season. After the Dallas game, it was painfully obvious that we need an athletic shot blocker, paint protector. That bench players dunk contest the Mavs were having on us was flat out embarrassing.


I became a Jarrett Allen fan when I saw him do this last year...

https://youtu.be/EOd4wqmIJp4

that is against Sags Konate....one of the fiercest shot blockers in college basketball


Dude. That's just sick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4649
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I don't hit up this thread too often so sorry if this has been addressed, but who's the next Jarrett Allen. He was drafted 22nd last season. After the Dallas game, it was painfully obvious that we need an athletic shot blocker, paint protector. That bench players dunk contest the Mavs were having on us was flat out embarrassing.


i think the only young athletic big who might fall to us with the cavs pick is mitchell robinson, who was highly touted in HS but sat out this year with some strange circumstances after enrolling at WKU.

other than that the guy we're talking about, brandon mccoy, is a possibility there too, though he's not very explosive. more positional.


as if it was not strange enough he enrolled @ WKU in the first place

I have heard or saw a couple blurbs about him looking good preparing for the draft....if that is true, then it is unlikely he falls.....but I know you already know that.

Seriously though...guy could have went almost anywhere and chose Western Kentucky.....didn't it have to do with a family member or something?


ya robinson is pretty much guaranteed to go before our pick if he looks even moderately good in workouts just based on his physical and athletic profile.


Cool thanks guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5818

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
after watching a bunch of SJU games i am now all in on shamorie ponds. even with the cavs pick.


just curious....have you seen any mocks or rankings that have him in that range?


none. mike gribanov has him top 30. that's the only guy who has him even getting drafted i think.
_________________
https://twitter.com/_44TheLogo

25: Melton, Hutchison, Huerter, Jontay, DeVincenzo, Okogie, Carr
47: Jalen McDaniels, Alize Johnson, Shamorie Ponds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
is this Jevon carter kid any good


best damn on ball perimeter defender in college basketball
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5818

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
We need an athletic 6'9"-6'10" forward/center to replace Nance. A dude that can run, play great defense, and swat shots at the rim. Haven't watched enough college basketball to see who might fill that role, but I'm there's a player like that available at the 25th.


Daniel Gafford from Arkansas

https://youtu.be/OPUAYAw0Aqw

https://youtu.be/rz2BWBYM3II
_________________
https://twitter.com/_44TheLogo

25: Melton, Hutchison, Huerter, Jontay, DeVincenzo, Okogie, Carr
47: Jalen McDaniels, Alize Johnson, Shamorie Ponds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
after watching a bunch of SJU games i am now all in on shamorie ponds. even with the cavs pick.


just curious....have you seen any mocks or rankings that have him in that range?


none. mike gribanov has him top 30. that's the only guy who has him even getting drafted i think.


yeah, this time of year boards are all over the place outside of the lottery
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

just saw ESPN's mock draft scroll across bottom of screen during WVU game....just looked up on our pick and they had Anfernee Simmons going to us.....noticed they had Mitchell Robinson and Hamidou Diallo going after us?!?! Assume this is Givony's mock?
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

the ESPN Insider 2019 mock text if anyone is interested

http://insider2text.xyz/articles/b9c59dfedace31d9
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 21536
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
just saw ESPN's mock draft scroll across bottom of screen during WVU game....just looked up on our pick and they had Anfernee Simmons going to us.....noticed they had Mitchell Robinson and Hamidou Diallo going after us?!?! Assume this is Givony's mock?


guess this is it....

https://imgur.com/a/UgMT3
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 371

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys see Tremont Waters from LSU declaring? If yes, what range do you guys see him at? As a freshman, he seemed to have very good makeups of great backup pg, shooting/ball handling/passing/on the ball defense with upside of improvement, but I dont' see him on mock draft at all.

Thanks in advanced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9552
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
We need an athletic 6'9"-6'10" forward/center to replace Nance. A dude that can run, play great defense, and swat shots at the rim. Haven't watched enough college basketball to see who might fill that role, but I'm there's a player like that available at the 25th.


We just got out of a PF logjam; I donít think we need to create another one.

Iíd rather we get a legit SF to give depth behind Ingram - or a PG behind Lonzo, like Holliday out of UCLA, and pick up a reasonable vet center - Lopez or someone else reasonably priced - who can QB the back line of the defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 19018

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Jacob Evans looks good. Hope he's around the late 2nd
_________________
Summer: Paul + Boogie
Draft any combo of: Anfernee Simons, Shake Milton, Melvin Frazier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5818

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Shamorie ponds is the one
_________________
https://twitter.com/_44TheLogo

25: Melton, Hutchison, Huerter, Jontay, DeVincenzo, Okogie, Carr
47: Jalen McDaniels, Alize Johnson, Shamorie Ponds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 218, 219, 220  Next
Page 29 of 220
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB