LaVar Ball: Lonzo Ball won’t re-sign with Lakers unless they sign LiAngelo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
deal wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

I thought this site was about the Lakers not about the American
dream. I'd leave the race card for another conversation really. We
have lots of minority men and women in business that we could look up
to. Elder Ball, is not someone I'd personally want my kids to model their
lives after; that's me.

Again this site is not about race; it's a Laker site.

Lavar exists and profits becuase he understands what our society is...much the same way President Trump does...say outlandish things and you'll PT Barnum your way to extra commas in your bank account.

It's neither of their faults for the attention they get...that failure falls at our feet because we cant do something as simple as ignore crazy talkers.

I love what he does for his kids and all the reports of how good of a dad he has been. Dont like his methodology but to say it's less than brilliant is to grossly underestimate him.

I agree that this is a Laker site and have no problem with a brother being proud of another brother...but can we all agree that Lavar is not Laker related and lock any threads that quote him?

Anyone else down for a thread lock?
this thread is laker related. so no lock. but i agree all "LAVAR" threads should be in the General area or off topic. unless he directly mentions the lakers in some way that is realistic. not just him talking and laughing.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
32 wrote:
Who knows maybe his crazy plan will work.

Just look at Doc and Austin, and how that destroyed the Clippers locker room. Don't think this is anything serious. If he actually tries to pull something when the time comes, just let him take his brand to Utah, Indiana or whoever is desperate enough to make roster spots for non-NBA talent.
wait wait. now lavar is DOC RIVERS? When did the lakers give lavar a head coaching job and a GM job?

NEVER> so stop these bad analogies laker fans.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
trablos wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Lonzo needs to man up and publicly shut down his dad. He needs to at least say on twitter that his dad's not talking for him, and that he wants to play here his entire career.

No, even with these recent comments from Lavar, there's two scenarious:

1) Lavar is talking big like he always does, and when it comes time to extend Zo, he will do whatever he wants and this will be nothing but a snippet in our memories.

2) Zo actually agrees with Lavar and won't resign unless we sign his brothers, in which case we don't need a guy who's this mentally soft and figure out a nice trade package for him.

Which scenario seems more likely?

It doesn't matter which scenario is more likely, the biggest issue is that big name free agents are seeing this and will be turned off to coming here.
If this turns off a fully grown man superstar. shame on him. thats not the guy you want in p&g. those types will not handle the media and fan pressure of being a laker when things are not going so well. if it aint lavar popping off its 10 million laker fans talking about trade him or fire the coach or fire the Front office. i said this before. YOU laker fans, LGers sound like loud mouth lavar. You have been sounding like him during these tough times. screaming for everyones head to role after every losing streak. You dont think this scares coaches or chases away Free agents with soft minds? of course it does. so since you wont tone down your fandom. why should loud mouth lavar tone it down or have zo sent packing because of it? if they're gone you're still here scaring the daylights out of these soft minded star players you speak of.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

nah I dont think Gelo has a chance at all. Even if he can translate into a deadeye shooter at NBA distance he lacks the quickness and athleticism to be a wing player. I cant even see him lifting up and getting his shot off before a NBA level defender rejects it back into his face.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Donovan Mitchell for Lonzo? Who’s in?

I don't see Utah as being in on that trade. Their fanbase is happy with Mitchell.

As they should be. He's the best rookie in the 2017 draft class.

But I know, I was just putting it out there only because he is my favorite non-Laker at the moment.

like him a lot ...but dont trust him long-term
Tatum was the best prospect long-term.
Ball was best for building an identity.
Smith and Mitchell i dont trust to stay healthy ...

but so far, Zo cant stay healthy either ..
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
In all seriousness.... BBB is only as good as the publicity that it gets. Things have been quiet for them lately. Lavar needed to make some stupid and outragious remark to make them relevant again.

Wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. It's for promotional purposes.
as outrages as this remark was.

You guys do know he's been saying this the entire time right silk?

I just want people to acknowledge that. This actually isnt NEWs.

He's been saying he wanted all 3 of his sons playing for the lakers the entire time. now he throws in the clincher...Zo aint resigning if....

LOL
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
nah I dont think Gelo has a chance at all. Even if he can translate into a deadeye shooter at NBA distance he lacks the quickness and athleticism to be a wing player. I cant even see him lifting up and getting his shot off before a NBA level defender rejects it back into his face.
he lacks the foot speed to do what? play defense? Of course he does. and so do most "Just Shooter" type of players.

thats the knock on most shooters. they can't play defense. he is not a 3 and D guy. he's a 3 and scorer guy with no D. there's still room for him on many rosters. we know there is since these players exist all over the nba.

no one is saying he will be a star player. but he can surely be a 9th,10th, 15th man on a roster. saying he couldnt be is borderline lying because you dont like his loud daddy.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Downunder wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

What has skin colour got to do with this.
Look at Trump FFS

He hasn't done nor said anything as crazy as Trump. That's a bad comparison.... But the color of his skin gotta do with everything in America where there are no real black business owners. He's been getting ridiculed from the jump. He got ridiculed for not wanting to sign a distribution deal with a big sneaker company. He gets ridiculed no matter what he does. The media twist his words and try to get people to crucify him. He had to fire certain media and not talk to certain people because they were twisting his words and generating a bad narrative. Fact. It happens a lot with black people, especially those going against the system.

Is there video footage of this? Because I wanna see the context.

Last edited by Outspoken on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
I guess he thinks LiAngelo won't be drafted...
Lavar has said that himself that Gelo would be the one that wasnt a one and done player and might not make it to the league.

out of his own mouth. lol.

this is why its funny that you guys get all hot and bothered over him making this last statement.

now truth is. Gelo can score the ball and he can shoot very well. the combination of those two things means, if he works hard enough. he could be a shooter/scorer off the bench on some nba team. there are a lot of guys like this in the nba. lets not act like this aint the case. lets not act like all 15 guys on the roster are stars. they're not. yes they are better then your average player. But so is the ball kids. people forget.

Gelo lead the state of california in scoring in highschool. that means he's a natural scorer. if he has the work ethic and desire to be good. He will be(barring injury). if he doesnt. he wont. and this will be the end of the road for him and hoop.

Quote:
Ball played basketball at Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, California, where he would play with his older brother, Lonzo Ball, during his first three years of high school. As a sophomore in 2014-15, he helped guide Chino Hills to the CIF Division I state title game. During his junior year, he averaged a team-leading 27.4 points per game, helping Chino Hills post a perfect 35-0 record, culminating in the 2016 CIF State Open Division Championship, and the Huskies were ranked the consensus No. 1 team in the nation. His younger brother, freshman LaMelo, was also on the team as well as cousin Andre Ball. They would both be on the team for his senior season.

For Ball's senior season, Chino Hills lost top player Lonzo Ball and coach Steve Baik. Ball averaged 33.8 points per game, helped lead his high school program to a 30-3 record and advanced to the 2017 CIF Southern Section Open Division semifinals. His senior season was highlighted by multiple high-scoring efforts, including a 72-point performance in a victory over Rancho Christian, one night after scoring 56 points in a 32-point win against Orange Lutheran, also had single-game point totals of 65, 60 and 52 (twice) for Chino Hills. He was named to the CIF Southern Section All-Open Division TeamAll-Area Team, first-team All-State selection in California by MaxPreps.com and an honorable mention All-America selection by MaxPreps.com, and he secured All-Area Player of the Year acclaim from the San Bernardino Sun and the Inland Daily Bulletin.

dont sleep on the middle ball. he can score for real. lou williams the guy we know today as sweet lou was just like gelo... a natural scorer in highschool, got into the league and found his niche. scoring. so its not like its impossible people. just because you hate lavar dont make that make you blind about reality when evaluating his kids.

The middle Ball was never considered an elite college prospect...
So highly doubtful he ever advances past gleague or lower level overseas pro.
Younger Ball is high level college prospect so he has a good chance to be drafted ...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
deal wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I thought this site was about the Lakers not about the American
dream. I'd leave the race card for another conversation really. We
have lots of minority men and women in business that we could look up
to. Elder Ball, is not someone I'd personally want my kids to model their
lives after; that's me.

Again this site is not about race; it's a Laker site.

Lavar exists and profits becuase he understands what our society is...much the same way President Trump does...say outlandish things and you'll PT Barnum your way to extra commas in your bank account.

It's neither of their faults for the attention they get...that failure falls at our feet because we cant do something as simple as ignore crazy talkers.

I love what he does for his kids and all the reports of how good of a dad he has been. Dont like his methodology but to say it's less than brilliant is to grossly underestimate him.

I agree that this is a Laker site and have no problem with a brother being proud of another brother...but can we all agree that Lavar is not Laker related and lock any threads that quote him?

Anyone else down for a thread lock?
this thread is laker related. so no lock. but i agree all "LAVAR" threads should be in the General area or off topic. unless he directly mentions the lakers in some way that is realistic. not just him talking and laughing.

I agree. LaVar like other polarizing individuals brings out the best
and worst in people.

But no need to close the tread, it is Laker related.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Laker brass has once asked LaVar to tone down his rhetoric. He's gotten way out of line with this latest rant.

Lonzo's no Michael Jordan. Zo hasn't done anything to cause a care. He's missed so many games due to injuries no one knows what he's really capable of. He's shown promise but not the kind that warrants demands for his services.

LaVar is delusional if he thinks the Lakers will bow to his demands. He's asking them to take on a unproven package. Not going to happen.

I hope Zo doesn't buy into to his fathers insanity. He has a child on the way. Lithuania may not be the best place to raise it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lavar is full of crap. If he instigated Lonzo's exit from the Lakers after Lonzo becomes a star, he may as well move away from LA.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
32 wrote:
Who knows maybe his crazy plan will work.

Just look at Doc and Austin, and how that destroyed the Clippers locker room. Don't think this is anything serious. If he actually tries to pull something when the time comes, just let him take his brand to Utah, Indiana or whoever is desperate enough to make roster spots for non-NBA talent.
wait wait. now lavar is DOC RIVERS? When did the lakers give lavar a head coaching job and a GM job?

NEVER> so stop these bad analogies laker fans.

LOL! Are you playing dumb? Your zealousness is suspicous. Friend or part of the Ball family perhaps? I was pointing out to the fact that the Clippers locker room dissension, discord, etc. derived from players feeling that Austin got chances that perhaps others in the same situation wouldn't because they're not blood. The undeserved playing time when he wasn't good, the extension that he wasn't worth, etc. Gelo getting a spot because Lonzo and his Dad blackmails the Lakers will have the same negative effect in a locker-room. It's so ludicrous, I don't believe the Lakers or any NBA will go for it. Lavar doesn't literally need to be a Lakers coach like Doc for you to understand this.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Downunder wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

What has skin colour got to do with this.
Look at Trump FFS

He hasn't done nor said anything as crazy as Trump. That's a bad comparison.... But the color of his skin gotta do with everything in America where there are no real black business owners. He's been getting ridiculed from the jump. He got ridiculed for not wanting to sign a distribution deal with a big sneaker company. He gets ridiculed no matter what he does. The media twist his words and try to get people to crucify him. He had to fire certain media and not talk to certain people because they were twisting his words and generating a bad narrative. Fact. It happens a lot with black people, especially those going against the system.

Is there video footage of this? Because I wanna see the context.

No real black business owners... really wow . Red, Black, or Blue Lavar has become a media whore period.

Coach Wooden
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lavar has said that himself that Gelo would be the one that wasnt a one and done player and might not make it to the league.

this is why its funny that you guys get all hot and bothered over him making this last statement.

now truth is. Gelo can score the ball and he can shoot very well. the combination of those two things means, if he works hard enough. he could be a shooter/scorer off the bench on some nba team. there are a lot of guys like this in the nba. lets not act like this aint the case. lets not act like all 15 guys on the roster are stars. they're not. yes they are better then your average player. But so is the ball kids. people forget.

Gelo lead the state of california in scoring in highschool. that means he's a natural scorer. if he has the work ethic and desire to be good. He will be(barring injury). if he doesnt. he wont. and this will be the end of the road for him and hoop.

Quote:
Ball played basketball at Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, California, where he would play with his older brother, Lonzo Ball, during his first three years of high school. As a sophomore in 2014-15, he helped guide Chino Hills to the CIF Division I state title game. During his junior year, he averaged a team-leading 27.4 points per game, helping Chino Hills post a perfect 35-0 record, culminating in the 2016 CIF State Open Division Championship, and the Huskies were ranked the consensus No. 1 team in the nation. His younger brother, freshman LaMelo, was also on the team as well as cousin Andre Ball. They would both be on the team for his senior season.

For Ball's senior season, Chino Hills lost top player Lonzo Ball and coach Steve Baik. Ball averaged 33.8 points per game, helped lead his high school program to a 30-3 record and advanced to the 2017 CIF Southern Section Open Division semifinals. His senior season was highlighted by multiple high-scoring efforts, including a 72-point performance in a victory over Rancho Christian, one night after scoring 56 points in a 32-point win against Orange Lutheran, also had single-game point totals of 65, 60 and 52 (twice) for Chino Hills. He was named to the CIF Southern Section All-Open Division TeamAll-Area Team, first-team All-State selection in California by MaxPreps.com and an honorable mention All-America selection by MaxPreps.com, and he secured All-Area Player of the Year acclaim from the San Bernardino Sun and the Inland Daily Bulletin.

dont sleep on the middle ball. he can score for real. lou williams the guy we know today as sweet lou was just like gelo... a natural scorer in highschool, got into the league and found his niche. scoring. so its not like its impossible people. just because you hate lavar dont make that make you blind about reality when evaluating his kids.

your gloriously generous usage of periods makes it hard to follow what you're trying to express.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

I think it sucks that you think this is about him being black.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

LaVar may have finally crossed the line with that remark.
The Lakers have invested a lot in Lonzo and would like to make
that investment pay off. Lonzo loves and respects his Dad and
may do as he says.
Maybe his remark was taken out of context.
But his remarks are hurting his sons and his family. They are individuals and not one entity.
And worse his remarks are hurting the Lakers.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

Yea, I feel he can be a role player if he works hard. He's showing NBA 3P range in Europe unlike these NCAA kids who shoot great with college 3P line and then struggle in the league. We drafted Anthony Brown thinking he can shoot at #32. No reason Gelo can't play that role for a NBA team if he commits to defense.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

The middle Ball was never considered an elite college prospect...
So highly doubtful he ever advances past gleague or lower level overseas pro.
Younger Ball is high level college prospect so he has a good chance to be drafted ...

again his own dad said he probably wouldnt be a one and done and may not make the league. so i dont disagree with you. but again. lets be honest. there a a lot of nba players that are not all that who are riding the pine and getting spot mins on some teams that aint going anywhere. lets not act like a dedicated Gelo couldnt do that based on his game right now and his scoring output as a kid. it is possible. its not some super farfetched idea. if he couldnt shoot and he still wasnt that athletic and was just a big strong SG. i would say heck no, he aint never making the league. but the fact that he can shoot from deep, he can score from anywhere and he's used to be double/tripled team as a kid and he's used to dealing with the limelight. it is more possible than that other scenario i just stated.

Norman Powell plays for the raptors right now and gets time at SG. he aint all that. and never was. he's decent. in high school his numbers were nothing like Gelo's. he did show good defense. at ucla he was okay and stayed all 4 years and got better every year.

If Gelo is serious about trying to make the league and he works hard. he can put himself in a Norman Powell situation. There's lots of guys in the nba with that story.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics. I'm in full support of his vision but, I am completely unsupportive of his tactics. Being black does not mean that I should support ignorant behavior. Why ignorant, because Lavar seems to have no idea how the real world works, and the damage that his is doing to all of his sons, particularly Lonzo. He runs his mouth from overseas and then leaves Lonzo to have to answer questions about what he says. Its tough enough being a rookie in the NBA, to have to deal with all of backlash of your big mouth father, who seems to put his wants and needs above what's best for his kids. If it sounds like I'm calling into question is parenting skills..... I am! Lavar is so caught up into being a celebrity that he doesn't even realize or comprehend the damage that he doing. Sacrificing a lifetime of success for 15 minutes of fame is hustling backwards. If its really about his kids........ SHUT UP!!!!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

Yea, I feel he can be a role player if he works hard. He's showing NBA 3P range in Europe unlike these NCAA kids who shoot great with college 3P line and then struggle in the league. We drafted Anthony Brown thinking he can shoot at #32. No reason Gelo can't play that role for a NBA team if he commits to defense.
now listen. Abrown was a 3 and D guy out of college. so i get that pick up. and i think he was longer then Gelo is now.

Gelo aint going to guard anyone. aint going to happen. even if he tries. he's just not athletic enough. i dont see that lateral quickness. and this is not the era of hand checking and bodying up on perimeter guys.
If he makes the league he will become a shooter/scorer off the bench. you wont expect him to guard anyone of note. you will expect him to put the ball in the basket at a good fg% and sit back down before the other team realizes they have a turnstile out there. these guys do exist in the nba right now. people dont like his dad so they under rate his ability. The dude can score and shoot from deep with guys on him. he was the real deal in high school, and with the proper desire and work ethic he could be a bench warmer 6 ppg guy in the nba that may have a hot night when guys are hurt and drop 20 because he is a natural scorer. some people just have a good touch around the basket and with shooting. he's one of those guys. i saw that in Kuzma from his scouting videos. same with hart.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics..............
stop reading right there.

Do you see donald Trump?

Do you see his antics that have in the past harmed people before he became the pres and is hurting people now with more of his antics. Yet, He's rich as hell, and getting richer, so is his kids.

Why is it when a black man gets loud and proud its considered antics even though those supposed antics are not harming a single person. not one person is harmed by this. do not say his kids. the reason his kids are even on your radar is because of him and his supposed antics. his antics has not stopped any of his sons from playing well. it has pushed them to do better. YOU just dont like to hear it. Just stop there. stop going overboard with our commentary on what he does to black people. lets stop going over board about what he does to the lakers or to his sons. Non of it is true or can be proven to be true.

There is no such thing as one black person setting all black people back based on what they do good or bad. That mentality is the mentality of a victimized black person(which we all are) and thats a lashing out mechanism to try to call out black people in that regard. Thats what racist white people say. Do not take that stance if you're not a racist white person. If one crazy white person can't set all white people back, why is it that loud mouth lavar who has been right so far can set all of blacks back? Makes no sense unless you're a racist.

Stop with the overboard commentary in regards to this father talking and being interviewed.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
lol. as if Gelo would be the only slow guy that can shoot the nba has ever seen. stop it LG. stop it

You WISH that were the case because you hate his daddy. But you know good and well that assessment is untrue. There have been plenty of dead eye shooters who were unathletic for nba standards and short. not even as solid as gelo. and they still hung around on nba benches for a few seasons collecting checks.

what makes you think he couldnt learn to speed up his shot? to get it off.

we all agree and know good and well he will never play good defense. he doesnt have the lateral quicks. and you can't ron artest your way anymore.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

It's all a ploy to get his weak ass son Gelo in the NBA. He's not going to get drafted. He would have been a bench player st UCLA. Lavar has to say things like this to try and get his son on a team. I doubt he means it.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics..............
stop reading right there.

Do you see donald Trump?

Do you see his antics that have in the past harmed people before he became the pres and is hurting people now with more of his antics. Yet, He's rich as hell, and getting richer, so is his kids.

Why is it when a black man gets loud and proud its considered antics even though those supposed antics are not harming a single person. not one person is harmed by this. do not say his kids. the reason his kids are even on your radar is because of him and his supposed antics. his antics has not stopped any of his sons from playing well. it has pushed them to do better. YOU just dont like to hear it. Just stop there. stop going overboard with our commentary on what he does to black people. lets stop going over board about what he does to the lakers or to his sons. Non of it is true or can be proven to be true.

There is no such thing as one black person setting all black people back based on what they do good or bad. That mentality is the mentality of a victimized black person(which we all are) and thats a lashing out mechanism to try to call out black people in that regard. Thats what racist white people say. Do not take that stance if you're not a racist white person. If one crazy white person can't set all white people back, why is it that loud mouth lavar who has been right so far can set all of blacks back? Makes no sense unless you're a racist.

Stop with the overboard commentary in regards to this father talking and being interviewed.

Donald Trump is ignorant..... we can al agree on that, correct? So as a black man, why the hell would I want another black man to act out in the same fashion as that jacka$$! Comparing Lavar's act to Donald Trump completely disqualifies any point that you were trying to make.

I'm sorry, I wish that I lived In a world that we are all treated equal and that each person was judged on their own merit but....... I DON"T! I live in a world where black people are stereotyped and categorized by other black people. That's why I carry myself in a dignified, respectable manner. I'm not just representing me and my family, but also fighting against the negative stereotypes that exist against black men. We are in a constant fight for justice and equality people like Lavar, who has a platform that allows his stupidity to be seen by millions is exactly what we don't need. While he's shown to care about his kids and looks after his wife, he's also shown himself to be rude, obnoxious, misogynistic and a bully. I'm black, a proud black man, and because i'm proud, its sad to watch another black man slowly incinerate an opportunity of a lifetime all because of the way that he handles things. If you can't see that my brother..... then I don't know what to say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: