OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 870, 871, 872 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
I'm starting to get worried about the severity of this injury.

He's close to being back. I think they'll probably hold him out of the next two games to let him have the All-Star break too, but he's close. We'll know within the hour if he had full contact practice today.

If he misses the next 2 games, but plays in the young stars game I will be really irked.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton also said that Lonzo Ball and Isaiah Thomas were on the same team today and looked good.
https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/963509417932029952

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 8m8 minutes ago

Lonzo Ball won’t play until after the All-Star break. Luke Walton said he practiced today with some contact, and that he “looked good,” but since there was a “little bit of discomfort,” they’re going to hold him out this week.

Lonzo wont play till after the all-star break. :\
Get well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Luke Walton also said that Lonzo Ball and Isaiah Thomas were on the same team today and looked good.

I’m predicting a 22-2 run to end the season, I think these guys are gonna play like Lillard and CJ... Thomas being CJ and Ball being our Lillard
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

By holding Lonzo Ball out of these 2 games before the breaks, the Lakers get 10 additional days until Feb. 23 when LAL first play out of the All-Star break (home vs. Dallas). Doesn’t guarantee he’ll play then, but sounds like he is closer given he practiced with contact today.
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/963509677874008064

Sounds good to me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

I’m predicting a 22-2 run to end the season, I think these guys are gonna play like Lillard and CJ... Thomas being CJ and Ball being our Lillard

I think they're gonna be like IT and Lonzo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Lonzo Ball won’t play until after the All-Star break. Luke Walton said he practiced today with some contact, and that he “looked good,” but since there was a “little bit of discomfort,” they’re going to hold him out this week.

Get well.

Hezonja looks like a breakout candidate lately. I would scoop him up this summer if I’m the lakers FO.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

I think they're gonna be like IT and Lonzo.

Yeah but even better if they can resemble the Portland backcourt or Warriors, I’m betting on these 2 studs playing at a high level after the AS break
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball joined the Lakers for their full-contact practice today. Luke Walton said he’s not playing Wednesday at New Orleans or Thursday at Minnesota. Rising Stars game Friday unlikely too.
https://twitter.com/ElliottTeaford/status/963511444175126528

Walton said Ball had some “soreness” but otherwise looked good. Ball was paired with Isaiah Thomas at times and their group worked well together.
https://twitter.com/ElliottTeaford/status/963511775739092992
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

If this kid isn't back the first game from all star break...

went from not a big deal, just an mri to 2-3 weeks out with sprain to more than a month now
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Lonzo Ball joined the Lakers for their full-contact practice today. Luke Walton said he’s not playing Wednesday at New Orleans or Thursday at Minnesota. Rising Stars game Friday unlikely too.
https://twitter.com/ElliottTeaford/status/963511444175126528

Walton said Ball had some “soreness” but otherwise looked good. Ball was paired with Isaiah Thomas at times and their group worked well together.
https://twitter.com/ElliottTeaford/status/963511775739092992

IT and Ball backcourt is gonna be litt!!
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Meh. I'll believe it when I see it with IT. He seems like a shell of his former self.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

Hezonja looks like a breakout candidate lately. I would scoop him up this summer if I’m the lakers FO.

How's he on defense? I wish highlights showed more than just offense. But his stroke is looking good.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Injury News: Lonzo Ball won’t return until after All-Star Weekend

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2018/02/13/lakers-injury-news-lonzo-ball-wont-return-until-after-all-star-weekend/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

How's he on defense? I wish highlights showed more than just offense. But his stroke is looking good.

I've advocated trading for him for a while...sucks that we couldn't get his RFA rights. A 2nd rounder would have been enough IMO.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

I've advocated trading for him for a while...sucks that we couldn't get his RFA rights. A 2nd rounder would have been enough IMO.

Didn't they not pick up his 3rd year option, though? So he's a UFA at the end of the season regardless?

The Magic may just be the dumbest franchise in the NBA. Gave up on Oladipo too early (to rent Ibaka for half a season!!), and are about to let Hezonja go just as he's starting to show signs of life. I can't wait to see how they end up losing Gordon.

Last edited by TheBlackMamba on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

Only watched a portion of the Bulls game last night. Didn’t see anything too bad other than he took a Steph Curry range 3 trying to win the game

He was torching the Bulls and he’s starting to raise some eyebrows on social media.

I agree with Yin, the secret is probably out now and he will be too costly for the lakers plan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

Didn't they not pick up his 3rd year option, though? So he's a UFA at the end of the season regardless?

The Magic may just be the dumbest franchise in the NBA. Gave up on Oladipo too early (to rent Ibaka for half a season!!), and are about to let Hezonja go just as he's starting to show signs of life. I can't wait to see how they end up losing Gordon.

Yes. I wanted him earlier on in the year for JC.

Theoretically could have done JC for Hezonja + Mack, and maybe done Nance to get a 1st from the Cavs (with expiring).
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

might as well just shut him down for the year Sixers style
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

@ElliottTeaford

Quote:

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

From Day-To-Day to OUT more than a month. Wow.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

Theoretically could have done JC for Hezonja + Mack, and maybe done Nance to get a 1st from the Cavs (with expiring).

And his cap hold is only like 5 mill. Would have been a great addition and maybe even become part of our young core.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Get well.

They turned down his option. No restricted rights and Orlando can't pay him above the option amount. Probably better not to trade for him and be free to pay him if you want to sign him. Orlando basically lost him unless he has zero market.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Looks like we have the same (bleep) medical staff
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Looks like we have the same (bleep) medical staff

i figured he would be out this long. Gotta be extra careful with any knee problems and since the all star break was right around the corner it just seemed like they would keep him out this long.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 870, 871, 872 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 871 of 1688
Jump to: