LaVar Ball: Lonzo Ball won’t re-sign with Lakers unless they sign LiAngelo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

I think it sucks that you think this is about him being black.

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics..............
stop reading right there.

Do you see donald Trump?

Do you see his antics that have in the past harmed people before he became the pres and is hurting people now with more of his antics. Yet, He's rich as hell, and getting richer, so is his kids.

Why is it when a black man gets loud and proud its considered antics even though those supposed antics are not harming a single person. not one person is harmed by this. do not say his kids. the reason his kids are even on your radar is because of him and his supposed antics. his antics has not stopped any of his sons from playing well. it has pushed them to do better. YOU just dont like to hear it. Just stop there. stop going overboard with our commentary on what he does to black people. lets stop going over board about what he does to the lakers or to his sons. Non of it is true or can be proven to be true.

There is no such thing as one black person setting all black people back based on what they do good or bad. That mentality is the mentality of a victimized black person(which we all are) and thats a lashing out mechanism to try to call out black people in that regard. Thats what racist white people say. Do not take that stance if you're not a racist white person. If one crazy white person can't set all white people back, why is it that loud mouth lavar who has been right so far can set all of blacks back? Makes no sense unless you're a racist.

Stop with the overboard commentary in regards to this father talking and being interviewed.

Donald Trump is ignorant..... we can al agree on that, correct? So as a black man, why the hell would I want another black man to act out in the same fashion as that jacka$$! Comparing Lavar's act to Donald Trump completely disqualifies any point that you were trying to make.

I'm sorry, I wish that I lived In a world that we are all treated equal and that each person was judged on their own merit but....... I DON"T! I live in a world where black people are stereotyped and categorized by other black people. That's why I carry myself in a dignified, respectable manner. I'm not just representing me and my family, but also fighting against the negative stereotypes that exist against black men. We are in a constant fight for justice and equality people like Lavar, who has a platform that allows his stupidity to be seen by millions is exactly what we don't need. While he's shown to care about his kids and looks after his wife, he's also shown himself to be rude, obnoxious, misogynistic and a bully. I'm black, a proud black man, and because i'm proud, its sad to watch another black man slowly incinerate an opportunity of a lifetime all because of the way that he handles things. If you can't see that my brother..... then I don't know what to say.

As a proud Black Woman, I support this message!!!!!!!

Coach Wooden
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I'm happy to see a black man making it. A black man building a business. Sucks how many people wanna see this black man's downfall, especially black people.

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics..............

Do you see donald Trump?

Do you see his antics that have in the past harmed people before he became the pres and is hurting people now with more of his antics. Yet, He's rich as hell, and getting richer, so is his kids.

Why is it when a black man gets loud and proud its considered antics even though those supposed antics are not harming a single person. not one person is harmed by this. do not say his kids. the reason his kids are even on your radar is because of him and his supposed antics. his antics has not stopped any of his sons from playing well. it has pushed them to do better. YOU just dont like to hear it. Just stop there. stop going overboard with our commentary on what he does to black people. lets stop going over board about what he does to the lakers or to his sons. Non of it is true or can be proven to be true.

There is no such thing as one black person setting all black people back based on what they do good or bad. That mentality is the mentality of a victimized black person(which we all are) and thats a lashing out mechanism to try to call out black people in that regard. Thats what racist white people say. Do not take that stance if you're not a racist white person. If one crazy white person can't set all white people back, why is it that loud mouth lavar who has been right so far can set all of blacks back? Makes no sense unless you're a racist.

Stop with the overboard commentary in regards to this father talking and being interviewed.

Also, who said that one white person can't set white people back. Donald Trump has shown you how that is possible. He has set race relations back in this country 100 years! A lot of minorities have a different view of white America strictly on his antics and the antics of his supporters.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I follow Trudell, Bresnahan, LFR and Silver Screen and Roll on twitter and they've combined to mention this latest "look at me" rant by Lonzo's dad zero times. This is the correct way to cover this story.

Football is over, NBA is going through the motions until the break, it's too early to care about college BB and no one even notices hockey. If anyone is talking about this non-story it's because they're desperately trying to fill time on their hot-take generating tv/radio show.

Oh and Lonzo isn't going anywhere. You don't cut off the head to cure the headache. I find it funny that the same people who (bleep) about how poorly run the franchise has become are the same who want us to trade our 2nd overall pick because his dad is a tool.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics.

I don't care that you're black, and I don't care that Lavar is black. His antics would bother me just as much if he were white, Asian, or any other race. So I see no reason why anyone is trying to make this about race, rather than about someone's annoying conduct.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

As a black man, I am always happy to see another black man succeed in business or any venture that provides blueprint to success for my people. With that being said, Lavar is the type of black man that can set black men back because of his antics.

I don't care that you're black, and I don't care that Lavar is black. His antics would bother me just as much if he were white, Asian, or any other race. So I see no reason why anyone is trying to make this about race, rather than about someone's annoying conduct.

Since we're on a laker freakin fan site, I'll keep this super godamned simple, with laser like precision:
THIS IS NOT A RACE ISSUE, BUT A LAKER ISSUE!!! SON #2 IS TERRIBLE AND AS A FAN I DON'T WANT HIM ON THE TEAM!!!
outspoken, is that simple enough for you?!?!
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Amen
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Iversondalivest1 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Amen

Agreed
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Trade Lonzo as soon as we get a decent deal. We can't have Lavar mouthing off like this in the future. Imagine we keep Lonzo for 15 years and we have to deal with his dad's loud mouth like this all the time. Lonzo would have to like Mike in order for it to be worth it.

We have positioned ourselves to building a championship caliber team next year so we definitely cannot afford this type of distraction. We're gonna be in a world of hurt every time we go a minor losing streak and the Lavar is gonna come out and takes it on the coach or a random player.

We CANNOT ask him to change because it's not possible. He is what he is. Whatever conversation Magic and Rob had with him apparently fell on deaf ears. We either have to put up with it or we deal with him. Lonzo's trade value might be really low right now because no GM in his right mind will want to come close to Lavar. We have to wait until Lonzo becomes a bit better then trade him.

Yeah, but Magics ego will not trade Lonzo and we can't keep thorwing away PG's.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Since we're on a laker freakin fan site, I'll keep this super godamned simple, with laser like precision:
THIS IS NOT A RACE ISSUE, BUT A LAKER ISSUE!!! SON #2 IS TERRIBLE AND AS A FAN I DON'T WANT HIM ON THE TEAM!!!
outspoken, is that simple enough for you?!?!

Well here's the thing Magic doesn't care what you want. Also I'm a black man too.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who thinks Lonzo will or should be traded is crazy. Lavar isn’t affecting the product on the floor.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

If we're bringing Lavar and race into the picture. If Lavar's league works out. He'll be a far lesser evil than the NCAA when it comes to young African Americans pursuing their pro ball dreams.

I remember visiting my cousin when he was a freshman in undergrad. He lived in a dorm with D1 basketball players who had to sell drugs to pay for their living expenses. What the NCAA does to it's low income athletes flirts with slavery. And if boosters or donors try to help the players financially, it's against the rules.
The football and basketball players at that school actively told students to not purchase anything from the team store.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Do you see donald Trump?

Also, who said that one white person can't set white people back. Donald Trump has shown you how that is possible. He has set race relations back in this country 100 years! A lot of minorities have a different view of white America strictly on his antics and the antics of his supporters.

And yet black unemployment is at the lowest it's ever been in the history of America. Trump has already done more for black people than Obama did. What, in your opinion, has Trump done since being president that has hurt race relations with black people?

Last edited by Day on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

xxxxxxxxxx
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1giTGoyROI

Some points I agree with in the video:

-Teammates aren’t going to respect and trust a guy they see as daddy’s boy

-LaVar has been such a dominating dad that Lonzo could be 50 and still might not stand up for himself

-His son has not given any pushback yet despite the outrageous statements made

-Right now LaVar is hurting his sons career

-LaVar is not teaching Lonzo how to be his own man

To add to the above, 2 of the 3 sons right now are adults and are still following LaVar. They all look so unsure of themselves in interviews, while their dad looks like the only one who looks like he would stand up for himself. Lonzo is in the NBA right now making some money and he still won’t stand up to his father.

And even the youngest son could stand up to his dad. A lot of 16 year olds rebel against their parents, but this one obeys his father.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Day wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Do you see donald Trump?

And yet black unemployment is at the lowest it's ever been in the history of America. Trump has already done more for black people than Obama did. What, in your opinion, has Trump done since being president that has hurt race relations with black people?

" Please return your seat backs to their full upright and locked position".
It was at this moment, that I realized the thread had gone way off course, and that a purple Kool-Aid ingestor had infiltrated the tribe...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Do you see donald Trump?

WOW, really? If you need that explained to you.....smh..... I'm through with this convo. Back to Lakers basketball.

Note: The term Minorities, is not just about Black People. I said Race relations with minorities.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And yet black unemployment is at the lowest it's ever been in the history of America. Trump has already done more for black people than Obama did.

This is what we're dealing with, people. No critical thinking skills AT ALL.

In this young man's world, if the sky is blue, and I have a blue crayon in my hand, then dammit I must have colored the sky blue with my blue crayon. They sky was never so blue until I picked up the blue crayon.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm waiting impatiently for the the FO to grow a spine and shut this down. Lonzo too.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

This thread is now the perfect encapsulation of anything with Lavar Ball's name on it. A complete and total (bleep) show.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Inb4

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player

This is what's hilarious about ignorant people. I ask for an example and no one gives one. I'm a minority by the way. You just listen to baseless "trumps racist" "trumps a bigot" and take it at face value and yet he's doing more inner city outreach, implementing school vouchers which very much helps minorities, creating more jobs which has resulted in the lowest black unemployment rate in history, specifically targeting the Chicago crime problem.

So please tell me what he's done that has hurt race relations other than trying to get people who are in the country illegally out of the country, which helps American minorities yet he's labeled racist for doing so.

It's amazing how the democratic party has done so much harm to minorities in America yet have everyone so brainwashed. I asked how he's hurt race relations with blacks since he's been in office and immediately the only replies are insults, when you can't actually answer a question and have to reply with insults maybe you should use some critical thinking, that you think I lack, to figure out why that is.

Last edited by Day on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

Day wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Do you see donald Trump?

One, your statement is not true, second politics don't belong here.

Coach Wooden
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
This is what's hilarious about ignorant people. I ask for an example and no one gives one. I'm a minority by the way. You just listen to baseless "trumps racist" "trumps a bigot" and take it at face value and yet he's doing more inner city outreach, implementing school vouchers which very much helps minorities, creating more jobs which has resulted in the black unemployment rate in history, specifically targeting the Chicago crime problem.

So please tell me what he's done that has hurt race relations other than trying to get people who are in the country illegally out of the country, which helps American minorities yet he's labeled racist for doing so.

It's amazing how the democratic party has done so much harm to minorities in America yet have everyone so brainwashed.

He goes out of his way to pick fights with minority athletes. He said Obama was a Kenyan. He said the marchers at Charlottesville contained some very fine people. He called for the death penalty for the Central Park Five. He called Haiti a (bleep) country. It goes on and on. He is a flat out racist
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

He'll be great as a 6th man in the G league.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention sexual assaulter, liar, misogynist, greedy cheating businessman, and malignant narcissist.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: