OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 871, 872, 873 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
From Day-To-Day to OUT more than a month. Wow.

Looks like we have the same (bleep) medical staff

We need to cut every last one of them and start fresh-- Marco seems in over is head.

If we're going to amp up every department of this organization, let's also do the same with medical. It's the premiere job in all of sports/athlete medical.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
From Day-To-Day to OUT more than a month. Wow.

Looks like we have the same (bleep) medical staff

We need to cut every last one of them and start fresh-- Marco seems in over is head.

If we're going to amp up every department of this organization, let's also do the same with medical. It's the premiere job in all of sports/athlete medical.

It’s not like a different medical staff would have him on the court faster.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Is he playing the Rising Stars Challenge? I hope not. Get some rest.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Highly doubtful he’s still having soreness issues.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Meh. I'll believe it when I see it with IT. He seems like a shell of his former self.

Did you watch his first game with us? No where near a shell of his former self!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I blame De'Aaron Fox.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
If this kid isn't back the first game from all star break...

went from not a big deal, just an mri to 2-3 weeks out with sprain to more than a month now
it went from a knee sprain to... a severe knee sprain that doesnt need surgery but needs as much time to heal 100% as necessary per the person.

The injury may have been so bad to the point where if surgery = a sprain at #100. Zo's sprain could've been at 95. which is still a tear almost bad enough to need surgery but not quite there. if that is the case then it would make sense that it takes this long to heal all the way. and the speed is based on zo's dna as well as normal timeline for this level of injury.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Playing in the Rising Stars Challenge after not playing in real games for a month would be a terrible look and I'd be shocked if they let him.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
"LaVar is not teaching Lonzo how to be his own man... Lonzo needs to step up because the players are looking at you. Men are not going to follow you if they see you as a daddy's boy." — @Chris_Broussard

https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/963440573062381568
that would be true if he ran around doing everything wrong that his dad says. but he hasnt.
and they STILL listen to him right now. So tell Broussard prove what he's saying is true or shut up. and as of now they have listened to zo when he was on the court. there has been no instances or issues with zo communicating with his teammates or them trusting him. NON.

all this talk about his dad is 100% outside of the locker room. all the anguish is 100% from basketball fans and basketball/media. thats it.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Highly doubtful he’s still having soreness issues.

Good. I don't need another thing to be upset with Lonzo about
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I don't think anyone important gives much of a (bleep) about what LaVar says. It's nothing more than fodder for the soap opera "sports" shows.
exactly. espn loves it since its easy money to them.
everyone gets to chime in with their wild opinions on what the lakers should or shouldnt do. what zo should or shouldnt do, what the lakers should or shouldnt do, what lavar should or shouldnt do.

man do you guys know how many Ad dollars are generated with a lavar quote? and I'm not talking about for lavar's pockets. I'm talking all the other media outlets.

please laker fans stop being fooled by the mass media nonsense.

I know you guys saw the article after Clarkson was traded that read

Jordan Clarkson will not miss being around LaVar Ball

There was a video inside with them asking jordan clarkson?

Media" Clarkson, will you miss lavar ball??"

clarkson: starts laughing and says I'm out on that one. meaning he's outta here done with the interview.

Now why produce that above headline if that was never stated by clarkson? because it creates clicks.

Now only recently do you see articles saying "jordan clarkson laughs off the question."

The media aint slick, they know exactly what they are doing. you guys/gals need to stop falling for the real troll which is the media then lavar coming in a close 2nd. lol.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Playing in the Rising Stars Challenge after not playing in real games for a month would be a terrible look and I'd be shocked if they let him.
actually it wouldnt be a terrible look because he would another laker representing the brand while the games are in L.A. its a great look for him and the lakers. sure media will run with it. SO WHAT. if the guy was hurt the entire time and they want to use a half played game to give him another practice with full contact(but not really since its not that serious of a game) then why not...If he's no longer experiencing soreness of course.

if there was a real game 4 days ago. and i was experiencing soreness after i tried to practice. that meant i could not play that game. if i practice again before allstar break and dont experience pain. I then play a few mins(not normal healthy mins) in the rookie game. that would make sense. he doesnt have to sit it out just so the media wont have something negative to say about WHY he played in that game when the answer is simple. I was hurt then, now I'm not.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The saga continues!
The funny thing is, we never hear Lonzo's take.
We're assuming Lonzo is gonna do whatever his dad says in public. (Mind you, we dont know what is said in private, which may or may not be the same thing).

I'm selfishly hoping Lonzo makes the right decisions that benefit the Lakers
Bingo. selfish laker fan you. lol

glad you admitted it.

Lavar is selfish dad trying to advance the goals of himself and his family.

Lakers and Laker fans are trying to advance the goals of the lakers the hell with the players families.

now if by chance the goals of lavar end up matching the goals of the lakers..>GRRRREAT. if not. oh well. moving along.

and like you said. we have never heard zo's take. and when the media asks. i hope he gives them the "no comment". so they can run with that for another 2 months. "oh my he didnt say no. he wont tell his dad no. he's going to leave the lakers.. you guys should trade him now..
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Remember when Lavar (bleep) on Luke?

What did Lonzo say?

"I'll play for anybody."

Dude is always going to side with his dad.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is his own man.

LaVar is his own man.

They are father and son.

It's not Lonzo's obligation to tell his father what to think or say.

Nor does he have to "prove he's his own man" to anyone that isn't inside their household.

Free agents don't give a darn about another player's father.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:

What did Lonzo say?

"I'll play for anybody."

I actually saw that as he didnt want to poo poo on either.
If he says, "I love playing for Luke," then that goes against his dad.
If he says, "Luke has lost the team," then of course he goes against Luke.

Isn't the middle ground to say, "I'll play for anybody?" Well maybe it's not the middle ground. It does side towards his dad when taking it at face value. Middle ground may have been, "I'm not going to get into that." But Lonzo usually gives an answer instead of a "no comment." And given that, I think it's as middle ground as he could have gone.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lonzo is his own man.

LaVar is his own man.

They are father and son.

It's not Lonzo's obligation to tell his father what to think or say.

Nor does he have to "prove he's his own man" to anyone that isn't inside their household.

Free agents don't give a darn about another player's father.

BINGO!
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
sogood. wrote:

What did Lonzo say?

"I'll play for anybody."

Isn't the middle ground to say, "I'll play for anybody?" Well maybe it's not the middle ground. It does side towards his dad when taking it at face value. Middle ground may have been, "I'm not going to get into that." But Lonzo usually gives an answer instead of a "no comment." And given that, I think it's as middle ground as he could have gone.

Gotta disagree with this being middle ground. The obvious answer is to say you support your coach. It was a really strange answer, IMO.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
epak wrote:
sogood. wrote:

What did Lonzo say?

"I'll play for anybody."

Gotta disagree with this being middle ground. The obvious answer is to say you support your coach. It was a really strange answer, IMO.

Actually, scratch that.
I just re-read this and see what you are trying to say.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
sogood. wrote:

What did Lonzo say?

"I'll play for anybody."

he wasnt just playing the middle. it baffles me how everyone from the media to the fans(lovers and haters) didnt realize what zo meant by "I'll play for anyone"

it meant I'm coachable no matter the circumstances. I have the ability to stand in the fire when it gets tough or when everything is great and play for any coach. Because not all players can do that. some players can't play for certain coaches. certain coaches will drive certain players crazy. and vice versa.

Lonzo to me, seems like the type of player that could play for jerry sloan, Phil jackson, MDA, Coach Pop, Luke walton, Jason Kidd, etc, etc. It wouldnt matter. he would ball for all of those guys and play hard all the time for all of those guys. He would also play hard for mike brown with a losing record on the lakers a few years ago or any other loser no name coach.

kobe on the other hand will take over for certain coaches if they aint getting it done. zo is not that type of player. Jordan would've probably killed certain coaches if things were not going right. we know shaq had to be somewhat coddled by phil. some guys are a coaches dream, no matter the coach and zo is that guy.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/5aad9025-f60a-3a7d-8115-a348e71f2bf9/ss_lonzo-ball-pretends-to-be.html

I think Lonzo is the real deal. Prior to his injury, you saw his shots falling, add that to his already well-rounded game, he's going to be special. He is untouchable in my book, even with this Lavar nonsense.

But man, I gotta say, this is all too funny due to some of the reasons Magic gave to dealing D'Lo. At this point, Lonzo has probably written more raps songs than NBA played games. I don't like all this reality tv stuff and all this time in the recording studio. That's just more hours that could be spent honing your shot. Crazy dad, reality show, concert tours, etc. This latest lip sync thing is very clownish. I just hope his aspiration to be one of the greatest Lakers ever is stronger than his family's aspiration to be the next Kardashians.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/5aad9025-f60a-3a7d-8115-a348e71f2bf9/ss_lonzo-ball-pretends-to-be.html

I think Lonzo is the real deal. Prior to his injury, you saw his shots falling, add that to his already well-rounded game, he's going to be special. He is untouchable in my book, even with this Lavar nonsense.

But man, I gotta say, this is all too funny due to some of the reasons Magic gave to dealing D'Lo. At this point, Lonzo has probably written more raps songs than NBA played games. I don't like all this reality tv stuff and all this time in the recording studio. That's just more hours that could be spent honing your shot. Crazy dad, reality show, concert tours, etc. This latest lip sync thing is very clownish. I just hope his aspiration to be one of the greatest Lakers ever is stronger than his family's aspiration to be the next Kardashians.

no one is kobe. so dont ever expect another player to do nothing but basketball 100% of the time. it will never happen. all of your favorite superstars are doing something extra curricular. it aint stopping them from being as good as they are. and it shouldnt stop zo either. as long as he works really hard and works smart. have you listened to current day rap? every artists tells the same story "It only took me like 30 mins to do this song."

and they are not lying. thats how watered down it is right now. you can take 30 mins and thats all you need to come up with a watered down hit song.

so dont think zo is speeding weeks on end inside the studio to lay down his vocals. it aint happening like that.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1giTGoyROI

Some points I agree with in the video:

-Teammates aren’t going to respect and trust a guy they see as daddy’s boy

-LaVar has been such a dominating dad that Lonzo could be 50 and still might not stand up for himself

-His son has not given any pushback yet despite the outrageous statements made

-Right now LaVar is hurting his sons career

-LaVar is not teaching Lonzo how to be his own man

To add to the above, 2 of the 3 sons right now are adults and are still following LaVar. They all look so unsure of themselves in interviews, while their dad looks like the only one who looks like he would stand up for himself. Lonzo is in the NBA right now making some money and he still won’t stand up to his father.

And even the youngest son could stand up to his dad. A lot of 16 year olds rebel against their parents, but this one obeys his father.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

I'm with GT on this extra-curricular stuff irking me when he's not playing. I don't mind the rap music whatsoever; the list of NBA players doing that as well and being successful (not necessarily at the music part...) is long. Kobe, Shaq, Dame Lillard, Iverson, Durant. Metta did all that junk whilst winning a title with us. I don't see it as a distraction, it's a hobby. Guys have plenty of hobbies when they aren't playing its just the rap music for obvious reasons gets more attention.

But when he's been out now for like a month I don't expect to see him on (bleep) lip sync battle acting the fool, that just rubs me the wrong way.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Just to add fuel to the fire...

Here's how much a Lonzo Ball autograph will cost you at All-Star Weekend
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 871, 872, 873 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 872 of 1688
Jump to: