Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:
JC was one of my fav Lakers. I thought he got a raw deal getting blamed and lots of hate from LGers. He was one of our best players but had to deal with trade rumors all year. I hope he’s in a place that will let him do well, show his skills, and be happy.

Nance is all class, hustle, and energy. Looks like a great guy to have as a teammate.

However, I totally get what the FO is trying to accomplish and hope we can get it done. That would be the only thing that will help me get over losing two of our good guys.

yeah, hated to see JC go....but I bet he is ecstatic to be there.

I am rooting for JC and Nance in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if JC eventually becomes starting SG instead of JR Smith. Let's see.

Spread your wings and fly JC.

No it’ll be hood instead.

Let's see what happens. Not convinced Hood can outplay JC.

Hood fits better on a starting lineup with LBJ b/c he's a catch/shooter from 3 and is very good at that. Basically a better JR Smith.

JC is best as a bench scorer IMO.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

love seeing nance playing meaningful games. Guy was epitome of class and understood what an honor it was to be a laker,Kind of hoping cleveland wins a title for Nance and clarkson.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

JC playing under control
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
JC playing under control

For now.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

JC looking good again today. I'm having seller's remorse again. I never liked the trade in the first place. A lot of people applauded the trade because it'd give us cap flexibility. I just really really hate giving up players about to hit their prime for draft picks. Draft picks are way overrated. We spent years developing these players and then we just gave them up as they're about to hit their prime and then we draft new players to develop them again. Well the cap flexibility is just that...flexibility. It doesn't guarantee us anything.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I find myself rooting for Clarkson heavy in this game
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

All of our players are better than they are on the Lakers. Put a good player who is steady, consistent and creates gravity next to our current guys, they are going to look better... even better than Clarkson has looked thus far next to Lebron and Co. Good and quality players raise the level of the players around them without even trying by just requiring the defense's attention.

Nance and Clarkson playing well (and hopefully continuing to play well) on the Cavs just offers proof that (a) we're not overrating our players and (b) how great our current players will look if we too can bring some premium established talent to this team this summer and/or next.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Our boys are ballin'. Man Kupchak and Jim Buss screwed us bad. Would've had all the cap space in the world and kept them if those 2 morons didn't panic.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson and Nance fitting in nicely and probably going to finals now. I'm happy for them.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

They are playing really well huh
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

We hooked the cavs up, is it to late to ask for more?
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
I find myself rooting for Clarkson heavy in this game

Yeah, feels unusual rooting for the Cavs, but I'm glad both are fitting in and and hopefully the Cavs beat Boston in the playoff.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
All of our players are better than they are on the Lakers. Put a good player who is steady, consistent and creates gravity next to our current guys, they are going to look better... even better than Clarkson has looked thus far next to Lebron and Co. Good and quality players raise the level of the players around them without even trying by just requiring the defense's attention.

Nance and Clarkson playing well (and hopefully continuing to play well) on the Cavs just offers proof that (a) we're not overrating our players and (b) how great our current players will look if we too can bring some premium established talent to this team this summer and/or next.

An actual coaching staff would work wonders too.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Nance scored 13pts on 5/10 shooting with 9 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists, and a steal
WTG: Nance
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I am torn. I love that our guys are succeeding and I even cheer for the Cavs BUT ultimately I want Lebron to come to LA.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Our boys are ballin'. Man Kupchak and Jim Buss screwed us bad. Would've had all the cap space in the world and kept them if those 2 morons didn't panic.

Funny how those two morons picked those boys that be balling!

Yes. Those were bad signings but they arent the ones panicking now giving away anything and everything
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Funny how those two morons picked those boys that be balling!

Yes. Those were bad signings but they arent the ones panicking now giving away anything and everything

Those 2 didn't pick (bleep), Ryan West and Jesse Buss did.

Last edited by sogood. on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You think Clarkson and Nance got to where they are without help? Clarkson took a step this year, especially defensively, due to our coaching staff. Top 10 defense, 12-5 in our last 17 games... our coaching staff deserves credit at this point.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:
JC was one of my fav Lakers. I thought he got a raw deal getting blamed and lots of hate from LGers. He was one of our best players but had to deal with trade rumors all year. I hope he’s in a place that will let him do well, show his skills, and be happy.

Nance is all class, hustle, and energy. Looks like a great guy to have as a teammate.

However, I totally get what the FO is trying to accomplish and hope we can get it done. That would be the only thing that will help me get over losing two of our good guys.

I am rooting for JC and Nance in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if JC eventually becomes starting SG instead of JR Smith. Let's see.

it was nice seeing JC creating for the Cavs... and that is with Lebron on the court... it just shows you how good a PG he actually is... after drafting him, lakers should have just drafted Porzingis or Devin Booker.. Lakers would've been so much better.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

This is what happens when you have an established hierarchy/superstar. Players come in and know their role and look better. The Lakers are young and still establishing that hierarchy. That is why JC looked wild at times, because he was playing to establish his place in the order. Now he knows where he stands and can just play his role to the fullest.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
adkindo wrote:
magicdays wrote:

it was nice seeing JC creating for the Cavs... and that is with Lebron on the court... it just shows you how good a PG he actually is... after drafting him, lakers should have just drafted Porzingis or Devin Booker.. Lakers would've been so much better.

How about Okafor?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

JC is not a PG in terms of running an offense for an entire game. He can do it in spurts but we've all seen the ups and downs with him. He is an efficient scorer off the bench and can close games.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You think Clarkson and Nance got to where they are without help? Clarkson took a step this year, especially defensively, due to our coaching staff. Top 10 defense, 12-5 in our last 17 games... our coaching staff deserves credit at this point.

Credit for what? Giving up 130 points to the tanking Mavs team? Getting killed by the Magic? Losing to more bad teams like Memphis, Kings, etc?

What’s our free throw %? Three point shooting? What’s our W/L record? Especially to other young teams like say....the 76ers?

All this without even getting into the ridiculous rotations that killed this team the first half of the season and costed games. Are we crediting a coach for only now making decisions that everybody else here, an Internet forum, has figured out before training camp even started? Like starting Randle?
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Cavs got a lot of talent with JC and Nance. They finished out the game and if you look at impact, Nance had 8 off rebounds, hit double digits in scoring and JC had 14pts 3boards and 4 dimes in 23-24 minutes. They are contributing immediately to the Cavs who have destroyed Boston and now OKC (not a great team mind you but good).

These two players are going to be like Ariza. Difference is that Ariza made a mistake and lost his spot to Metta. We traded them for cap space which is hollow at best.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

tunnel vision my ass....

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/963630685524197377
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 12 of 28
Jump to: