ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.

5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.

Stop it you know what teams he played for and Boston would have kept him if not for the injury and Kyrie Trade. It was reported that the vet who messed up the locker room was Wade not IT

Stop what? Giving my opinion? Nah..I think I'll continue to give it. That's what we are all here for, right?
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
There's no doubt our offense gets better with IT but will his atrocious defensive liability offset that? This will be a big test for Luke. Can he come up with a scheme like Stevens did to help mask some of IT's defensive short comings? If he can then we can really reel off some wins and look good doing it.

I think KCP and BI will be a big help for him as both are solid defenders. Our bigs can defend 1-5 for the most part. Key is to not let IT get switched on in the elbow / post area with his size.
Thats where Dallas did alot of damage.

But, given it was his 1st game and the communication, chemistry, schemes and rotation wasnt well known to him. It will only get better from here till the end of the season.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I get that he's a bad defender, and that he hasn't been healthy yet this year. But just for frame of reference, this was the LEAGUE MVP voting order last season:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Thomas' rep was probably overinflated last year just like it's underrated this year. But just let the names after his on that list sink in.

5 teams in 7 years. There is a reason for that. I blasted Jim Buss for passing on him 4 times in the second round, but IT's huge ego coupled with being a HUGE defensive liability is the reason teams don't want him.

Stop it you know what teams he played for and Boston would have kept him if not for the injury and Kyrie Trade. It was reported that the vet who messed up the locker room was Wade not IT

Stop what? Giving my opinion? Nah..I think I'll continue to give it. That's what we are all here for, right?

You're opinion is based on nothing. You see you responded but failed to say why no one wants to play with him. It's based on hate no facts or anything. So is it really an opinion when it's based on nothing?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
There's no doubt our offense gets better with IT but will his atrocious defensive liability offset that? This will be a big test for Luke. Can he come up with a scheme like Stevens did to help mask some of IT's defensive short comings? If he can then we can really reel off some wins and look good doing it.

I think KCP and BI will be a big help for him as both are solid defenders. Our bigs can defend 1-5 for the most part. Key is to not let IT get switched on in the elbow / post area with his size.
Thats where Dallas did alot of damage.

But, given it was his 1st game and the communication, chemistry, schemes and rotation wasnt well known to him. It will only get better from here till the end of the season.

That same game KCP got switched on and punished so we're talking about it like it's a IT issue when it can be an issue for anyone except Jules and Brook
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

If Thomas continues playing well as a Super 6th man there's nothing to complain about.

Stop harping on his freaking defense, you knew he wasn't a defender from the get go.

Focus on the stuff he actually HAS done in his career and if he's as efficient at that. Last game he probably had one of his best games of the year.

People still going on and on and freaking on about "he's short and doesn't play defense" must have missed the past 3-4 seasons.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If Thomas continues playing well as a Super 6th man there's nothing to complain about.

Stop harping on his freaking defense, you knew he wasn't a defender from the get go.

Focus on the stuff he actually HAS done in his career and if he's as efficient at that. Last game he probably had one of his best games of the year.

People still going on and on and freaking on about "he's short and doesn't play defense" must have missed the past 3-4 seasons.

JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah: Lakers session was 'the first real practice I had all year'

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1485232

Damn, were things really that bad in The Land ?
Given the had LBJ, DWade, DRose and a more veteran squad, makes sence as to why the were so discombobulated.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I'm saying... I dont get it. are these people watching the games? have they paid attention to his career. the guy is a little person by nba standards. so of course he can't guard anyone out there. james harden doesnt guard anyone out there either and he could but chooses not to. but everyone still loves the beard.

little guy is a great 6th man. thats it. DO NOT start him when we are ready to start winning rings. you never start a guy that small when you're trying to win rings. if he can't accept that i understand it is what it is. he can go elsewhere.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Isaiah: Lakers session was 'the first real practice I had all year'

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1485232

Damn, were things really that bad in The Land ?
Given the had LBJ, DWade, DRose and a more veteran squad, makes sence as to why the were so discombobulated.
its something kobe use to talk about when he started getting older and more hurt. Its hard to stay sharp as a team when your vet guys that play a lot can't go hard in practice to keep the other guys and each other sharp and on their toes.

so it makes sense. drose aint going thru a bunch of hard practices with his fragile body. dwade is too old for that, and bron is up there in minutes. he can literally be Jr rider minus the puff puff pass and just show up to the games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Isaiah Thomas explained why he felt he got his "powers back" in his first game as a Laker. "I mean a rhythm," he said. "That was the first time I was able to have the ball in my hands and make a play and have guys, I don't know... You see the bench every time I was shooting, they were standing up cheering. That was the feeling I had in Boston where we were playing for each other and had happiness and joy for each other and that is big. From a player that wasn't playing for seven months and to be thrown in the fire, it was tough for me but I felt like myself last game, like not thinking about anything and just going out and playing and leaving it all on the floor. I am going to continue to build on that."

Ohm Youngmisuk, ESPN Staff Writer
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what the future holds for IT with the Lakers - if we get our way and sign the big free agents, then IT is going to be out of here. But if not, IT might get offered a KCP like high 1 year deal, which would work well for him.

But I won't worry about the defense, at least for now. If he plays well and gets along with the team for the remainder of the season, he will have done everything we could reasonably ask of him.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

The Land... even the nickname is lazy.

I’m hella lit for this game. Been a long two days waiting. Really like the excitement IT has brought the Lakeshow. Nothing to lose ... this is all house money.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

I'm saying... I dont get it. are these people watching the games? have they paid attention to his career. the guy is a little person by nba standards. so of course he can't guard anyone out there. james harden doesnt guard anyone out there either and he could but chooses not to. but everyone still loves the beard.

little guy is a great 6th man. thats it. DO NOT start him when we are ready to start winning rings. you never start a guy that small when you're trying to win rings. if he can't accept that i understand it is what it is. he can go elsewhere.

Everyone says you can't win with this player etc... until it happens. I like him off the bench as well but if he's playing 30 mpg is it really a difference from starting?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why he can't be used as a situational player like how Brook plays against big men... when the teams need scoring you play him... once you get a lead, maybe you take him out and play defenders to preserve it.

That's how soccer works... you get up a goal... then put in an extra defensive midfielder to preserve the lead. Isaiah should be used like this... or inserted into a situation where you need a clutch shot.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

Not only do you not start him, you also shouldn't finish games with him if the game is still undecided. I would prefer Hart and KCP over Thomas to close out games.

I noticed that the last game, he couldn't really create for himself and drive to the hoop with any success. When he was in Boston, I was amazed at how he was able to manufacture shots around the basket even at his height. I think he is still getting back from his injury.

In the last few games when we were winning, I noticed JC was closing out games because he can score and he wan't at a disadvantage on defense. It would be difficult to have IT at the end of games to replace JC, especially at IT's current condition. Go with Hart and KCP.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

Not only do you not start him, you also shouldn't finish games with him if the game is still undecided. I would prefer Hart and KCP over Thomas to close out games.

I noticed that the last game, he couldn't really create for himself and drive to the hoop with any success. When he was in Boston, I was amazed at how he was able to manufacture shots around the basket even at his height. I think he is still getting back from his injury.

In the last few games when we were winning, I noticed JC was closing out games because he can score and he wan't at a disadvantage on defense. It would be difficult to have IT at the end of games to replace JC, especially at IT's current condition. Go with Hart and KCP.

He was money as a closer in Foston. It's the hip injury that may or may not ever fully heal. Only time will tell.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Well...if all you are is an opinion then what value do you add to anything regarding facts?

#BannersOverBillboards
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

If IT continues to play well in the 6th man role, once more, he's not the issue.

it if IT doesn't accept that role and pushed for a bigger one, that issues would start.

IT has to cover JC's scoring off the bench. He should be able to do that.

But Kuzma has to cover Nance Jr's defense. That... may take a little bit.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Hahahaha
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

You're opinion is based on nothing. You see you responded but failed to say why no one wants to play with him. It's based on hate no facts or anything. So is it really an opinion when it's based on nothing?

Fact: 5 teams in 7 years. Fact: Defensive liability. Fact: IT's huge ego. Fact: I blasted Jim Buss for not drafting IT.

It is my opinion that some of the facts above are the reason teams keep letting him go. My opinion could be wrong, it could be right, but I have offered facts that I think support my opinion.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rajon Rondo was irked to hear that the Celtics would honor Isaiah Thomas on any night. "What has he done?” Rondo asked. Told that he led the Celtics to the conference finals last year, Rondo remarked, “Oh, that’s what we celebrate around here?”

These guys play each other tomorrow.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Rajon Rondo was irked to hear that the Celtics would honor Isaiah Thomas on any night. "What has he done?” Rondo asked. Told that he led the Celtics to the conference finals last year, Rondo remarked, “Oh, that’s what we celebrate around here?”

It's on!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

With a practice under his belt... Let's go!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Car54 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Kawhi
4. LeBron
5. Thomas
6. Curry
7. Giannis
8. Wall
9. Davis
10. Durant

Fact: 5 teams in 7 years. Fact: Defensive liability. Fact: IT's huge ego. Fact: I blasted Jim Buss for not drafting IT.

It is my opinion that some of the facts above are the reason teams keep letting him go. My opinion could be wrong, it could be right, but I have offered facts that I think support my opinion.

Your Opinion is wrong end of the story. Lol@ Huge Ego welcome to the NBA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 33 of 102
Jump to: