THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 789, 790, 791 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat

There is no higher level of evil I've seen from American politicians than what I am currently witnessing.

If you've seen the budget plan you've witnessed pure unadulterated Evil.

Wives
Daughters
Mother's
Will want to vomit when they become conscious of the tax theft combined with the budget pogroms

It's hard now to even accept and find compassion for his supporters

You are aware of what that article says . . . ?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

^^^^Mama knows best....

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

GOP=do as I say not as I do...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
GOP Senate candidate's parents max out donations to primary campaign of Democrat he hopes to unseat

There is no higher level of evil I've seen from American politicians than what I am currently witnessing.

If you've seen the budget plan you've witnessed pure unadulterated Evil.

Wives
Daughters
Mother's
Will want to vomit when they become conscious of the tax theft combined with the budget pogroms

It's hard now to even accept and find compassion for his supporters

You are aware of what that article says . . . ?

The parents are responding the the evil in the Republican party?

2018 Year of Hope?
The tax theft already happened
The Budget theft will happen

I'm happy the parents know what to do. But I'm losing hope humanity will cure what happened to America in this election
renzo1200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

So who here received a pay increase by virtue of the tax cuts? Just asking for a friend
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

renzo1200 wrote:
So who here received a pay increase by virtue of the tax cuts? Just asking for a friend

My mother's pay increase is $30 dollars a week.

She's 62, works full-time and brings home about 60k per year.

She's also likely to lose her insurance coverage soon or face massive premium increases so that $120 a month for the next few years isn't going to help much. Also, if Paul Ryan gets his social security reform agenda passed she might not be able to retire, ever.

Oh, and I'll be paying back that $120 a month temporary cut for the rest of my life along with my children, so that's not such a great deal when the Billionaires are cashing in millions a week while my mom gets $30 bucks a week.....
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Says He Paid Stormy Daniels Out of His Own Pocket
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-trump.html

I wonder what year in law school they teach you that. Probably an advanced course.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-trump.html

I wonder what year in law school they teach you that. Probably an advanced course.

Tired of these stories. While we focus on Trump being a terrible human being, our institutions of government are being ruined from the inside out. Trump and his administration are despicable people and, under normal circumstances, things like Porter deserve attention. However, there are so many more important, long-term issues arising every day with this administration that I can't help but wonder if Trump purposely does these things in order to ensure we don't look at what's really going on past personality politics.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Tired of these stories. While we focus on Trump being a terrible human being, our institutions of government are being ruined from the inside out. Trump and his administration are despicable people and, under normal circumstances, things like Porter deserve attention. However, there are so many more important, long-term issues arising every day with this administration that I can't help but wonder if Trump purposely does these things in order to ensure we don't look at what's really going on past personality politics.

Get used to military parades, Anglo American US, dissenters purges, bye bye checks and balances, hello limited ‘free’ pass
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

That's a concern I've had for some time. I was told to stop posting gloom and doom awhile back. I stopped. Now it's the norm.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Not by choice but I cannot help but see all of the ICE cases that are happening in this country right now. *You are conscious of the much larger effect they want from it.. Fear.. Authority.. Dominance.. Xenophobia.. Servitude etc
Any human with a Heart should see how traumatic and totally unnecessary many of these lockups and deportations are.

Arts and Education.. << its all fake news now

intellectualism ... if it aint on Fox it aint legit
Justice system
Quote:
" 'The irony of Mr. Sessions' nomination is that, if confirmed, he will be given a life tenure for doing with a federal prosecution what the local sheriffs accomplished twenty years ago with clubs and cattle prods.' #CorettaScottKing, 1986,"

environment..

He has put the most corrupt and least qualified people in charge of the largest departments in our democracy

This COULD be the greatest revolution America has ever faced.. and turn out positive..

Not the laws etc.. its the Hearts and minds of the people that are the most broken.. can't reach their hearts then we are doomed.

Equality for all as in our Declaration of Independence was not a political statement. It was a statement of the Heart. What has happened to our culture?

How did it become so easy to to manipulate us?

The part that bothers me the most is my anger and hatred that come up everyday because of my feelings towards Trump and the human minds that support him ALONG with my FEAR that speaking out about this Administration could get me or a person close to me locked up *Friends of Duerte and Putin ..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Anytime the President breaks the law, I think it is worth reporting.
Quote:
Rick Hasen‏Verified account @rickhasen
Rick Hasen Retweeted Josh Barro
Either way, it is not clear that this keeps Cohen out of legal trouble for either making an excessive campaign contribution or serving as a conduit for Trump's unreported campaign expenditure.
Just because Cohen says it is not campaign related doesn't make it so.

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/963636215659581440

I agree with what you are saying. But I don't see it as an either/or situation. The media should report on everything. And if the public is too dumb to focus on important issues. That's a whole other problem entirely.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Its getting to the point where sports is not enough of a distraction from the dumpster fire this country has become. How long can we care about two max players coming to the Lakers when every aspect of our daily life is being destroyed by the nazi in the White House?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Stormy Daniels reportedly will start talking about her affair with Trump now that Trump's lawyer violated the non-disclosure agreement.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Found this elsewhere
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article200011139.html

Comments.. no attack on our democracy.. friends.. better relations..

Quote:
Russian Twitter trolls masterminded a tweet that fueled erroneous reports that the Ku Klux Klan was patrolling Mizzou’s campus during the 2015 student protests at the University of Missouri, a U.S. Air Force officer wrote in an article on “information-age warfare” published in Strategic Studies Quarterly late last year.

The hoax was part of a calculated and government-supported effort by Russia to disrupt democracies, and a warm-up to subsequent efforts to use social media to manipulate public opinion during the 2016 presidential election.

The article, published by Lt. Col. Jarred Prier, direction of operations for the 20th Bomb Squadron, delves into how “social media is a tool for modern information-age warfare.”

The article is taken from a thesis he completed as a master’s degree candidate at the Air University for the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/02/14/how-presidents-food-stamp-cuts-would-impact-military-families.html

Food boxes for military families.. hmm lets see how this goes

steal my money to give to billionaires
then feed me potatoes ..

Communism?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Jacob Zuma resigns
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Stormy Daniels reportedly will start talking about her affair with Trump now that Trump's lawyer violated the non-disclosure agreement.

Everyone knows what Trump is, she'll only fortify it. It's not going to make a difference.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda shared a great pic in the Florida shooting thread. I sent it over to a buddy of mine (who I've mentioned here before-- Trump voter/gun nut/ conspiracy theorist)

He replied to the picture by sending me a link to an "Eyewitness interview" of some girl who claims she was talking with the shooter at the school when shots began firing from across the hall on the other side of the school.

His response to all these shootings is always, well, let's wait and see what the facts are. I think he's a Sandy Hook truther but he's too chickenshtt to admit it. Ugh... I've known this guy almost all my life and can't believe he's such an idiot.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Was it this one:

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Was it this one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWFwlO1VoAAXfxH.jpg

It was actually the cartoon of Uncle Sam and NRA.

I then sent him the above mentioned one as well. He has yet to reply back.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Was it this one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWFwlO1VoAAXfxH.jpg

If only we had MORE guns. Especially in school. Only way to stop a guy with a gun is another guy with a gun.
Worked in the wild West!

Jokes aside, the Dems need to stick with this issue 365 days out of the year. Even when this mass shooting fades into the background of people's minds when new news comes out. Even when the poll #s are less favorable to gun legislation. It's kinda like gay rights in the mid 00's. We have to push for change, even if the polls of the general public are on the wrong side of the issue.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Nikolas Cruz Trained With White Supremacists, Group Claims

Quote:
“He always wore like really patriotic shirts that seemed really extreme, like hating on the Islamic religion. For example, he would say things such as like, he would degrade islamic people as terrorists and bombers. I've seen him wear a Trump hat,” Parodie said.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
“He always wore like really patriotic shirts that seemed really extreme, like hating on the Islamic religion. For example, he would say things such as like, he would degrade islamic people as terrorists and bombers. I've seen him wear a Trump hat,” Parodie said.

Oh, this is gonna be a knee slapper

!...
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Aryan
Of course he did...I love how people just pretended they didn't see those Aryan Nation Boots he was rockin as they put him in the police car.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 789, 790, 791 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 790 of 3663
Jump to: