OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1031, 1032, 1033 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about MJST's text....you poked the bear. You have to know who your dealing with and their methods....

for example, when you debate yinoma, you have to be aware that as soon as he feels like he is on soft ground, he is going to move the goal posts....and if you do not catch it, within a few posts, he has turned the debate into something totally different and has positioned you on the side of stupidity.

another example....when you go at Omar.....he is going to poke and prod you.....then dissect every syllable that you type.....pick little parts of it away until it is now so foggy, nobody even notices the primary point you tried to make.

go at MJST.....he will bury you in text....and before long, you will get tired and weaken.

yinoma seemed offended....I thought it was high praise for his debating skills?

another one...epak - he will not usually take a strong stand against you....but will respond with questions...often of the passive aggressive type...but still simple questions on the surface. Then there is the dilemma...if you know exactly what he is doing, and respond rudely, you look like an ass.....but if you play along and provide answers, he will just follow up with more questions. This will continue until you disengage or look like an ass by not answering his "simple & honest" questions.

Tell me I am wrong it works....I have yet to find a way to defeat it.

genius

Does LG's Prodigal Son return tomorrow? Vanished Lakers Fan. Right after the biggest trade of the year!

who's that?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Why are you guys complaining about MJST's text....you poked the bear. You have to know who your dealing with and their methods....

for example, when you debate yinoma, you have to be aware that as soon as he feels like he is on soft ground, he is going to move the goal posts....and if you do not catch it, within a few posts, he has turned the debate into something totally different and has positioned you on the side of stupidity.

another example....when you go at Omar.....he is going to poke and prod you.....then dissect every syllable that you type.....pick little parts of it away until it is now so foggy, nobody even notices the primary point you tried to make.

go at MJST.....he will bury you in text....and before long, you will get tired and weaken.

another one...epak - he will not usually take a strong stand against you....but will respond with questions...often of the passive aggressive type...but still simple questions on the surface. Then there is the dilemma...if you know exactly what he is doing, and respond rudely, you look like an ass.....but if you play along and provide answers, he will just follow up with more questions. This will continue until you disengage or look like an ass by not answering his "simple & honest" questions.

genius

BVH used to be tough also...high IQ debater....very skilled....but something snapped in him recently.....he now does not even bother and will tell you to F**k off.

Exactly.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

who's that?

The one from the Valley.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Help me out. This is from the cap thread that Parsons put together. I am not good with this. Let's say we sign PG max could we resign JR and have enough cap space left for a max in 2019?

3. Stretch Deng, Do Not Renounce: JR ( renounce rest, cut Ennis )
$57 mill available

Deng 7.36
Zo 7.46
BI 5.76
Kuz 1.69
Hart 1.66
Zu 1.54
TB 1.38
JRHold 12.45
1stRd25 1.46
Inc3_850k 3.40 ( incomplete roster hold, 3 spots )
Total: 44.16
Cap: 101.00
Available: 56.84
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:

genius

Does LG's Prodigal Son return tomorrow? Vanished Lakers Fan. Right after the biggest trade of the year!

who's that?

Read it again. There's a hint. Here's another hint. "Damn kids! Get off my lawn."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
One day Adkindo. One day!
But till then... what is your favorite part about EPayton's game?

honestly, never been able to get past the hair.....I hate it....dude looks like a clown out there.....but the kid can defend at an above average level...he can create a little and finishes well. I do not trust his shot....it is still pretty low volume this season. If he could get his shot to where he is putting up 4 3's a game, and knocking down 37-38% of them, I do think he has the skills to be a solid starting NBA PG. I can also see him maybe being a good fit beside Booker in PHX.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

got it
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

he can be tough also....cause you can be going back and forth, and he will simply make up a fact and drop it on you....one that is often difficult to prove or disprove....then you spend 15 minutes researching something that was never true to begin with.....by the time you have gathered the evidence to prove it false, everyone has moved on and do not care (jk VLF )
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

he can be tough also....cause you can be going back and forth, and he will simply make up a fact and drop it on you....one that is often difficult to prove or disprove....then you spend 15 minutes researching something that was never true to begin with.....by the time you have gathered the evidence to prove it false, everyone has moved on and do not care (jk VLF )

love these dude keep em coming
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
One day Adkindo. One day!
But till then... what is your favorite part about EPayton's game?

honestly, never been able to get past the hair.....I hate it....dude looks like a clown out there.....but the kid can defend at an above average level...he can create a little and finishes well. I do not trust his shot....it is still pretty low volume this season. If he could get his shot to where he is putting up 4 3's a game, and knocking down 37-38% of them, I do think he has the skills to be a solid starting NBA PG. I can also see him maybe being a good fit beside Booker in PHX.

Yea, that hair!
He looked really good in his debut for Pho.
I think he'll be a good fit there. And surprise to me, Josh Jackson has been looking better the last month. They just need some decent bigs because I'm not a fan of Bender and Chriss.

Payton, Booker, Jackson...
They need a Julius type.

errr... I mean.. So what do you think about Payton's vision.... haha. just playing.

Last edited by epak on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

I guess we don't have to stretch Deng if we only sign 1 max this summer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Can you do one for me?

Before Adkindo, does it...
I gotta say, I always picture you jumping in the air with your legs apart for some reason.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

STOP DELETING POSTS, 32!

you're going to become the next just ming at this rate
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
epak wrote:
32 wrote:
Can you do one for me?

Before Adkindo, does it...
I gotta say, I always picture you jumping in the air with your legs apart for some reason.

Like a gymnast. lol

Damn, if an avatar has that much impact I should change my to Vince Carter crotching a 7 foot European center!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

you guys each quoted 32's posts before he deleted them

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

I found some old post the other day. Phil, were you and Vanished Lakers Fan moderators at some point? Or was that a different forum?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

I'm really interested to see how our team does post break.

Last edited by epak on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

How about we talk about free agency and trades.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

I found some old post the other day. Phil, were you and Vanished Lakers Fan moderators at some point? Or was that a different forum?

I can neither confirm nor deny this accusation
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Can you do one for me?

not so much a method....but you will always be pro Lakers organization....like I think Magic could trade Lonzo and Kuzma tomorrow for Joakim Noah, and within 24 hours you will have found a way to see it as a positive move, and try to convince others on LG of Noah's value. You are almost always in alignment with the majority opinion....which I assume is mostly a result of always being pro organization. A glass half full guy.

you have been here forever....and that response is mostly based on last 12-24 months memory.....it is all in fun....no desire to offend.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

I asked Omar if I could be a moderator.....and he drove to Florida to tell me to F**k Off.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

the key with Omar is to obviate his ability to say no
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
who's that?

I asked Omar if I could be a moderator.....and he drove to Florida to tell me to F**k Off.

ask DB if u want to be a mod and how to get there. he is v helpful. not saying omar is not but just giving my 2 cents
echobats
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Help me out. This is from the cap thread that Parsons put together. I am not good with this. Let's say we sign PG max could we resign JR and have enough cap space left for a max in 2019?

3. Stretch Deng, Do Not Renounce: JR ( renounce rest, cut Ennis )
$57 mill available

Deng 7.36
Zo 7.46
BI 5.76
Kuz 1.69
Hart 1.66
Zu 1.54
TB 1.38
JRHold 12.45
1stRd25 1.46
Inc3_850k 3.40 ( incomplete roster hold, 3 spots )
Total: 44.16
Cap: 101.00
Available: 56.84

I have done the math before but don't have it in front of me right now, but I believe the answer is YES.
The cap will go up by $7M if I remember correctly. The team could wait until next season to stretch Deng with would save another million plus. This should get close to the 35M max and certainly be enough for the 30M max. I think.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
Can you do one for me?

not so much a method....but you will always be pro Lakers organization....like I think Magic could trade Lonzo and Kuzma tomorrow for Joakim Noah, and within 24 hours you will have found a way to see it as a positive move, and try to convince others on LG of Noah's value. You are almost always in alignment with the majority opinion....which I assume is mostly a result of always being pro organization. A glass half full guy.

you have been here forever....and that response is mostly based on last 12-24 months memory.....it is all in fun....no desire to offend.

Thanks. That wasn't as bad as I thought.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1031, 1032, 1033 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1032 of 2680
Jump to: