JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Oh look, more love for my favorite Laker player.

Is he really your favorite Laker player...over everyone else?

Yup. I tend to favor 3 and D guys over superstars.

But a dude that's a league average NBA defender now, switchable, and is always ready to shoot regardless of shot volume?

Bonus points.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

His BPM is almost neutral now (-0.4). Being a neutral player as a rookie pretty special stuff. Especially since he was around -2.0 after the first couple months of the season. He's playing at a pretty high level right now. I think Hart will REALLY take off when Lonzo gets back. Their games are built for each other. Hopefully Luke tries to maximize their time together, rather than pairing Lonzo with KCP and IT.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

But a dude that's a league average NBA defender now, switchable, and is always ready to shoot regardless of shot volume?

Bonus points.
I remember in Summer league/preseason/early regular season, when Kuzma was lighting it up and Hart was struggling with nagging injuries, you kept saying "just wait, this Hart guy is a stud too."

As it turns out, Hart is actually a better all around player, for now at least. Kuzma probably has higher upside. We got the two biggest steals of the draft
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bonus points.
I remember in Summer league/preseason/early regular season, when Kuzma was lighting it up and Hart was struggling with nagging injuries, you kept saying "just wait, this Hart guy is a stud too."

As it turns out, Hart is actually a better all around player, for now at least. Kuzma probably has higher upside. We got the two biggest steals of the draft

I wasn't expecting this level of play tbh. 3 and D stuff? Sure. The fact that he can competently defend? Didn't expect during his rookie year. The rebounding? Nope. The fixed shot within half a season? Nope. It's all a pleasant surprise.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Can Josh Hart replace Lonzo in the Rising Stars Challenge. He's pretty much replaced Lonzo in our Harts...
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bonus points.

I wasn't expecting this level of play tbh. 3 and D stuff? Sure. The fact that he can competently defend? Didn't expect during his rookie year. The rebounding? Nope. The fixed shot within half a season? Nope. It's all a pleasant surprise.
it's pretty amazing how good Hart is. It's like he brings the hustle/intangibles/guts of a guy like Nance, but without the holes in his game. I honestly get a little emotional now when I see Hart fire off threes with confidence and quick release, even against decent closeouts. Then he trots down on defense, bodies up big men on switches, rebounds like a PF, then runs like a freight train in transition. He's such a well rounded player. He has no glaring holes in his game.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Hart actually started the season off slow. But over the last 38 games, he's shooting a whopping 44.1% from three on 4.8 attempts per 36...amazing. He's up to 40.6% for the season!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

This mentality of "we gotta be nice to KCP cause we don't want to make LeBron mad"

is precisely the mentality I DON'T want in the Lakers organization, particularly where it hinders the team.

You got people here that want Hart to start over KCP but don't think the organization will cause KCP has the same agent and it 'might deter' LeBron.

Do we REALLY want to see more seasons of this mentality as a whole???

Start Hart, bench KCP, if he pisses and moans, tell him to play better and earn it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bonus points.

it's pretty amazing how good Hart is. It's like he brings the hustle/intangibles/guts of a guy like Nance, but without the holes in his game. I honestly get a little emotional now when I see Hart fire off threes with confidence and quick release, even against decent closeouts. Then he trots down on defense, bodies up big men on switches, rebounds like a PF, then runs like a freight train in transition. He's such a well rounded player. He has no glaring holes in his game.

He plays with old school grit. When coach takes him off the pine, he's expected to hit shots from the get-go, not wait to warm up. How many bad shots does he take? How often does he throw up hi-fives and his teammates miss it? Intangibles. He's not a primadonna. He's just Jim Halpert. It's awesome.

dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
This mentality of "we gotta be nice to KCP cause we don't want to make LeBron mad"

is precisely the mentality I DON'T want in the Lakers organization, particularly where it hinders the team.

You got people here that want Hart to start over KCP but don't think the organization will cause KCP has the same agent and it 'might deter' LeBron.

Start Hart, bench KCP, if he pisses and moans, tell him to play better and earn it.

^agreed. It also pisses me kff that Luke seems to want Lonzo playing with IT to close the season. I want to see Lonzo+Hart build some chemistry. And chemistry aside, Hart is better right now than IT and KCP. I think Hart will benefit more from the Lonzo effect than selfish IT and brain dead KCP will.

Last edited by dao on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

This is the lineup I'd like to see closing the season

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

Bench:
Isaiah Thomas
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Corey Brewer
Kyle Kuzma
Ivica Zubac / Thomas Bryant
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I feel like I need to mention this every time I speak about Hart, but I was very skeptical of him as an NBA prospect while he was at Nova. Seeing him in Summer League and watching this pre-draft video of him training with Idan Ravin put all of that doubt to rest:

For those of you not familiar with Ravin, he's trained some of the best players in the NBA: Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Chris Paul, Curry, Harden, etc. He doesn't take on players who aren't devoted to basketball and committed to getting better:

Hart is going to be a huge reason why we raise banner #17. I hope he's a Laker for life.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 14m14 minutes ago

Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau was asked about Josh Hart: “Terrific. He’s just a good basketball player. He can do everything. Shoot, pass, defend.” Thibs called it “huge” that the Lakers found him late in the draft (No. 30 overall).

Yep. And he's ours.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

No longer even a question whether hes better than KCP. Probably been thjs way since a month ago
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
No longer even a question whether hes better than KCP. Probably been thjs way since a month ago

He can be a starting SG on an good team. Big time steal.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
This is the lineup I'd like to see closing the season

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Brook Lopez

Bench:
Isaiah Thomas
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Corey Brewer
Kyle Kuzma
Ivica Zubac / Thomas Bryant

I would like to see Zubac instead of Lopez. Time for the new regime.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:

Hart has really become the man. A good all round guard who looks like a 15/7 type of guy with a consistent outside shot.

When we look at the young core he has to be part of it.

Randle
BI
Lonzo
Kuzma
Hart
and if given a chance Zubac

Hart would be considered the steal of the draft if it wasn't for Kuzma though Mitchell in the low teens was a steal too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Hart has really become the man. A good all round guard who looks like a 15/7 type of guy with a consistent outside shot.

When we look at the young core he has to be part of it.

Randle
BI
Lonzo
Kuzma
Hart
and if given a chance Zubac

Hart would be considered the steal of the draft if it wasn't for Kuzma though Mitchell in the low teens was a steal too.

Yeah, JC at 46, Nance at 27, Kuzma at 27, Hart at 30, Zubac... all can be starters in their prime
Our scouts are elite
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bonus points.

He plays with old school grit. When coach takes him off the pine, he's expected to hit shots from the get-go, not wait to warm up. How many bad shots does he take? How often does he throw up hi-fives and his teammates miss it? Intangibles. He's not a primadonna. He's just Jim Halpert. It's awesome.

I make this post once every 5 pages once every few pages, but Hart has the best social media game on the team
wickedgenes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I like this kid. plays sound defense.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject:

According to ESPN's net power ranking
Quote:
"the Lakers have been a net-positive team when Josh Hart is on the floor with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle and Brook Lopez.

Since New Years Josh Hart true shooting % has risen to 64.0 which ranks him #1 on the Lakers and 20th in the league for players averaging 20 minutes per game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
According to ESPN's net power ranking
Quote:
"the Lakers have been a net-positive team when Josh Hart is on the floor with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle and Brook Lopez.

Since New Years Josh Hart true shooting % has risen to 64.0 which ranks him #1 on the Lakers and 20th in the league for players averaging 20 minutes per game.

markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I don’t think it’s a matter of pissing off LeBron. I’m assuming they made some kind of deal with KCP to give him the starting role. That doesn’t mean he has it permanently, but they are probably only going to take it away if he really messes up.

Hart is arguably playing better than KCP recently but the difference isn’t that big that there is a compelling reason to start Hart. He brings a lot of value off the bench too.

Similarly with Lopez, who has a different agent. He is going to have to mess up pretty bad to have his starting spot taken away from him.

So in both cases the team is just showing respect to vets who came here on one year deals, rather than deferring to a particular agent.

I view IT differently. He came as filler in a trade, not as a free agent. And he is playing terribly. I don’t think the front office owes him any minutes. If he can contribute, he should play. If not, then not.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
I feel like I need to mention this every time I speak about Hart, but I was very skeptical of him as an NBA prospect while he was at Nova. Seeing him in Summer League and watching this pre-draft video of him training with Idan Ravin put all of that doubt to rest:

For those of you not familiar with Ravin, he's trained some of the best players in the NBA: Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Chris Paul, Curry, Harden, etc. He doesn't take on players who aren't devoted to basketball and committed to getting better:

Hart is going to be a huge reason why we raise banner #17. I hope he's a Laker for life.

Great vid, ty
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Another double double for Hitman.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 78 of 163
Jump to: