Lakers Have the 5th Best Young Core (25 or Under)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

If we can put together a starting lineup of Ball/PG/Ingram/Lebron/Randle with Hart, Bryant and Kuzma off the bench next season, I think we're the second best team in the league.

Plus we'd have someone at the room exception (Lopez on a 1 yr wink-wink deal, perhaps) and some vet min ring chasers as well.

I agree. I'd put that squad against anyone.
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

No love for this core but they can't be overlooked

Bogdanovic
Fox
Hield
Cauley-Stein
Jackson
Labissiere
Mason
Giles

Two years since surgery Giles debuts in Summer League.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:

Bogdanovic
Fox
Hield
Cauley-Stein
Jackson
Labissiere
Mason
Giles

Future 1st round out core. Giles will be retired in 2 years.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:

Bogdanovic
Fox
Hield
Cauley-Stein
Jackson
Labissiere
Mason
Giles

I only really like Bogdanovic and Cauley-Stein. I can't vouch for Jackson.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

PG options:
3. 76ers - would not trust Embiid staying healthy in next 4 years

Lebron - and he will realize PG SHOULD go to LA

2. 76ers - would not trust Embiid staying healthy in next 4 years. Also as PG-BI-Ball-Kuz-Randle as least as good as Simmons-Embiid-Saric.

Logically, without setbacks and injuries, Lakers should get BOTH PG and Lebron

There's no reason why either one of them should pick the Lakers over the Sixers. Even if Embiid goes down, they still have Simmons, Saric, McConnell, and Fultz, which is still a better core than Lonzo-Ingram-Kuzma.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
If we get Lebron and PG that will put a big dent in Philly's plans. There are no other FAs worth getting in 2018. Not sure if Kawahi, Butler or Klay will be available in 2019. They have two potential superstars but I believe they are 1 difference maker FA from championship contention. Eventually they have to pay their guys and cap themselves out. I don't think they can outbid Boston for AD or any other trade. Maybe John Wall becomes available?

Minnesota will be a middle of the pack playoff team for years to come. They got too impatient imo but I can understand that since they haven't been in the playoffs for 14 years.

I like our cap position moving forward, but I wish we could get a true stud player in the draft. Minn and Philly already have theirs.

Philly and Minn have the best young talent but,
Its between us and Boston for championships

I'm not sure why people here assume we are in the hunt for Lebron but the 76ers aren't.

i am sure 76ers are in.
however it is the max fa that chooses.
if you were lebron, would you choose lakers, 76ers or rockets?
the analysis shows why he should choose lakers.
76ers - embiid - too big a risk.
rockets - do not have enough if they added lebron.
other young cores not in play due to cap

I would choose the Cavs. And your “analysis” of the Rockets is really bad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Oh hai. VLF back.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
If we get Lebron and PG that will put a big dent in Philly's plans. There are no other FAs worth getting in 2018. Not sure if Kawahi, Butler or Klay will be available in 2019. They have two potential superstars but I believe they are 1 difference maker FA from championship contention. Eventually they have to pay their guys and cap themselves out. I don't think they can outbid Boston for AD or any other trade. Maybe John Wall becomes available?

Minnesota will be a middle of the pack playoff team for years to come. They got too impatient imo but I can understand that since they haven't been in the playoffs for 14 years.

I like our cap position moving forward, but I wish we could get a true stud player in the draft. Minn and Philly already have theirs.

I'm not sure why people here assume we are in the hunt for Lebron but the 76ers aren't.

i am sure 76ers are in.

if rockets and bron choose each other, they lose paul and capella.
so not ideal for beating the warriors but great for being #2.
if you are bron, why bother.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

PG options:

2. 76ers - would not trust Embiid staying healthy in next 4 years. Also as PG-BI-Ball-Kuz-Randle as least as good as Simmons-Embiid-Saric.

There's no reason why either one of them should pick the Lakers over the Sixers. Even if Embiid goes down, they still have Simmons, Saric, McConnell, and Fultz, which is still a better core than Lonzo-Ingram-Kuzma.

at this point you really can't cite Fultz as anything. Simmons Saric McConnell is not even close to being better than Lonzo Ingram Kuzma.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

PG options:

the difference is lakers can accommodate 2 max.
sixers can accommodate 1.
if embiid is dependable, then that is another story.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

STARDOM FOR BALL, INGRAM, KUZMA WILL REQUIRE BALANCE

Quote:
As the Lakers’ young players improve rapidly in their NBA careers, managing the pursuit of stardom is as significant a challenge as anything they might master on the court from the triple-threat position.

There is so much that goes into building your personal brand these days that it’s a delicate balance between dedication to basketball and maximizing other life opportunities that come with it.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180217-stardom-for-ball-ingram-kuzma-will-require-balance?ls=recent_news?ls=recent_news
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Randle/Zubac/Bryant
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Ball

We may not have the best young talents. But Lakers are deep in young talents and proven with good chemistry. The room for 2 max FAs, and the assets (picks, young players together with Deng’s contract) also allow Lakers to acquire talents via trade. Just imagine we sign James and George via FA and then trade Deng’s contract(2 years left) together with other assets (picks and young players) for another superstar this summer... it would be really funny
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:

i am sure 76ers are in.

Capela has a low cap hold, no way they let him go. And Lebron would be going to play with Paul, so he stays.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Until we get a player on the level of Giannis, Towns, Simmons, Embiid or Jokic we're all behind those teams.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Until we get a player on the level of Giannis, Towns, Simmons, Embiid or Jokic we're all behind those teams.

Ingram next year.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ozzie wrote:

Bogdanovic
Fox
Hield
Cauley-Stein
Jackson
Labissiere
Mason
Giles

I agree. And even then one can’t really call Bogdanovic ‘young’ as he might be the oldest person being mentioned in this thread.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram and Lonzo really pan out, they could be the best.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:

i am sure 76ers are in.

Capela has a low cap hold, no way they let him go. And Lebron would be going to play with Paul, so he stays.

houston has 78m committed not counting capella's hold and paul.
houston's cap can afford paul OR lbj
even capella's cap hold is 5.8m.
even the biggest rockets homer would not fantasize they can get paul, capella and paul.
even if they can dump ryan anderson's salary, they dont have enough.
just harden and gordon salaries add up to ~44m.
that leaves 57m for lbj, paul, capella assuming they manage to dump anderson and everyone else.

houston is probably stuck keeping paul and capella because they cannot even get lbj without him taking a pay cut AND losing capella' cap hold without trading more than 10m of salaries.
houston is stuck being bridesmaid to the warriors by keeping their team together.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I have commented recently how I have lost respect for the guys @ Dunc'd On Podcast over the last year because they have allowed their extreme bias to overtake their analysis. This was never more clear that their most recent episode where they discussed the leagues best young cores. They initially listed the Lakers @ 6....then changed them to 8th while pointing out that several teams behind them may actually have a better young core.

I have long thought that many on LG wear rose colored glasses when evaluating our young guys.....but Dunc'd On's analysis was pure Laker hate at it's finest. For example,

- they refused to include Randle because he is an RFA while having no hesitation in including other teams upcoming FA's.

- In discussing Indiana, who they ranked above the Lakers, they mentioned Oladipo, Turner and Sabonis....but also discussed Ike Anigbogu & TJ Leaf....but when discussing the Lakers mentioned Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and kind of included Hart....but did not mention Zubac or Bryant. If Anigbogu & TJ Leaf are included in the Pacers young core, then Zubac and Bryant shoud be included in the Lakers discussion.

- They both said that Ingram and Ball would unlikely ever be as good as Oladipo currently.

- Nate had nothing good to say about the Lakers young guys, but again only had glowing things to say about Denver's Jamal Murray.

- claimed Lakers had a bunch of guys that could be like the 4th or 5th best guy on a very good team.....said Kuzma is likely a career bench player.

There were many other things.....and I would never suggest anyone boycott anyone for their opinions.....but if you happen to have their podcast on auto download, I would suggest you change it to manual. Podcasts survive and grow from positive ratings/comments and # of downloads....and the majority of downloads are automatic. Put in on manual and only download the episodes you wish to listen to....no reason for Laker nation to go out of our way helping them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I have commented recently how I have lost respect for the guys @ Dunc'd On Podcast over the last year because they have allowed their extreme bias to overtake their analysis. This was never more clear that their most recent episode where they discussed the leagues best young cores. They initially listed the Lakers @ 6....then changed them to 8th while pointing out that several teams behind them may actually have a better young core.

I have long thought that many on LG wear rose colored glasses when evaluating our young guys.....but Dunc'd On's analysis was pure Laker hate at it's finest. For example,

- they refused to include Randle because he is an RFA while having no hesitation in including other teams upcoming FA's.

- In discussing Indiana, who they ranked above the Lakers, they mentioned Oladipo, Turner and Sabonis....but also discussed Ike Anigbogu & TJ Leaf....but when discussing the Lakers mentioned Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and kind of included Hart....but did not mention Zubac or Bryant. If Anigbogu & TJ Leaf are included in the Pacers young core, then Zubac and Bryant shoud be included in the Lakers discussion.

- They both said that Ingram and Ball would unlikely ever be as good as Oladipo currently.

- Nate had nothing good to say about the Lakers young guys, but again only had glowing things to say about Denver's Jamal Murray.

- claimed Lakers had a bunch of guys that could be like the 4th or 5th best guy on a very good team.....said Kuzma is likely a career bench player.

There were many other things.....and I would never suggest anyone boycott anyone for their opinions.....but if you happen to have their podcast on auto download, I would suggest you change it to manual. Podcasts survive and grow from positive ratings/comments and # of downloads....and the majority of downloads are automatic. Put in on manual and only download the episodes you wish to listen to....no reason for Laker nation to go out of our way helping them.

Yeah. They used to be my favorite but their analysis has gotten worse over the year. Then you run into clear Lakers bias that is unfounded. I like someone like Cole Zwicker or Sam Vecencie now and they like the Lakers core.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ozzie wrote:

Bogdanovic
Fox
Hield
Cauley-Stein
Jackson
Labissiere
Mason
Giles

I agree. And even then one can’t really call Bogdanovic ‘young’ as he might be the oldest person being mentioned in this thread.

While true, that dude plays his NBA age. I'm good with that.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah. They used to be my favorite but their analysis has gotten worse over the year. Then you run into clear Lakers bias that is unfounded. I like someone like Cole Zwicker or Sam Vecencie now and they like the Lakers core.

Precisely why I only listen to 5 pods at the most.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers young core is ahead of the curve, the Wolves and Sixers last year had a nice young core but were struggling to win games, this Lakers team has a core in which the FO can choose to develop while still win at the same time, the Wolves and Sixers knew they had to go out and get vets to win games, the Lakers have the luxury of keeping the young core intact punt for 2019 and still end up winning 45-50 games next year...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

First of all, if you listen to podcasts, you do so at your own risk. Back in the heyday of Bill Simmons, I came to the conclusion that podcasts are just a reflection of laziness on the part of the would-be pundit. Writing something that will stand up to scrutiny is hard work. Running your mouth on a podcast and throwing out a bunch of hot takes is easy. Hell, that is basically how SAS makes a living these days.

Anyway, I can read an article in a minute or two. Listening to a podcast takes an hour. I don't have time for that nonsense.

Having said all of that, I think that you are learning that the rest of the NBA public is not as infatuated with our young core as some Laker fans are. That may piss you off, but it's a reality. While I am more bullish on our prospects, the assessment quoted above could very well turn out to be true.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers young core is ahead of the curve, the Wolves and Sixers last year had a nice young core but were struggling to win games, this Lakers team has a core in which the FO can choose to develop while still win at the same time, the Wolves and Sixers knew they had to go out and get vets to win games, the Lakers have the luxury of keeping the young core intact punt for 2019 and still end up winning 45-50 games next year...

My ideal situation:

Add only one Max this off-season - PG13
LeBron goes to Philadelphia and can’t co-exist with Simmons and implodes.
Keep Julius on a team friendly contract. (but I’m keeping him regardless of what is offered.)
Sign IT to a 1-year large money deal and he returns to Boston form.
Keep Brook on a mid-level
Cavs miss playoffs all together and we win the lottery, #1 pick and grab Ayton.
Team stays healthy all year.
Beat Houston & Golden State, Win Championship

2019 - Trade Deng with some combination of pick(s) and Zubac.

Sky is the limit
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: