OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 957, 958, 959 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
His free throw stroke looks great.

It does. I didn't feel like he impacted the game. Too much dribbling by the half court line.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jimmy Butler's good at that ol' defense.

True.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I think he's gassed. He needs this break. JR and Josh too. Maybe also Kuz.

I'm just gonna be optimistic and give them the benefit of the doubt
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

https://instagram.com/p/BfPvvr7jnAS/

Pretty (bleep) annoying how Ingram has been overlooked by national media.

It's always either Kuzma or Zo but BI never gets any respect
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Again it's encouraging that his "meh" games aren't horrendous games..

I know he had 17/5/4, but I thought this was a particularly rough game for him on both ends of the floor.

He didn't have a good game playing point.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler man.. if you're not ready he'll expose you
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

If anyone told me before the season that, at this stage, we'd be expecting more than 17/5 as a routine game for Ingram, I'd be more than happy.

He's made great strides this season, and is still very young and working hard. Right now I have better expectations for his future than I had before the season.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
He needs to learn how to play defense on ball without reaching so fucin much..

I'd recommend the Lakers having Metta Ron Artest tutor BI on arm/hand defense. Metta had really quick hands and knew when to poke at the ball.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

BI is chiseling out a well rounded game playing without the horse blinders. In the game last night I saw a slight change of tactic driving the lane. Noticed he was avoiding contact on the drive to the rim and when he got his man in the air on a pump fake jump shot he was not looking for contact and would sometimes pass the rock on that pump fake with his man in the air.

Someone got in his ear about that, it looked like. He went hard to the paint anticipating and initiating contact, and on pump fakes jumped into the contact. Nice adjustment, BI.

He’s getting so much exp this year with the Giannis position. His ball handling with his head up is evolving, his movement off ball is inspired, and his defensive reads like the Melo block and outlet to JR to seal that game is a seedling hint to what kind of star we have in the making.

Now he just needs to communicate on defense and offense. Call out what he’s reading. Call out a pick he sees coming, even if the defender reads it. I want our team vocal to a point of annoying. It helps everyone learn what teams are trying to do agains us in real time. It’s a reminder to what the team sees in film sessions on the plane.

Just keep grinding, BI.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jimmy Butler man.. if you're not ready he'll expose you

^ this.
when butler was not on him, he drove to the hoop and scored.

we cannot live game-by-game and look at his progress 10 games-by-10 games (at least)
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
I just don't like that Luke is going away from what was working so well during the winning streak. We're going back to a steady dose of BI ISOs and PnRs and it looks just as ugly as it did before.

In the last 6 quarters...

1 3PA
10 mid range jumpers
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Just tracking his progress...

Ingram Per 36 Numbers:
Ingram (Age 19): 11.7 PPG (47.4% TS), 5.0 RPG (7.6%), 2.6 APG (10.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.6 BLK (1.3%)
Ingram (Age 20): 17.2 PPG (52.9% TS), 5.5 RPG (8.1%), 4.0 APG (16.6%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.7 BLK (1.6%)

There's been some defensive improvements as well. I think if the season were to end today, we can all say that Ingram has improved as much as anyone could expect in one season. Still, there is a 1/3 of the season left and Ingram, last year and in college, showed himself to be a strong finisher. Remember, last year, it was after the all-star game that Ingram made his greatest improvements. Awesome if history repeats itself this season.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
I just don't like that Luke is going away from what was working so well during the winning streak. We're going back to a steady dose of BI ISOs and PnRs and it looks just as ugly as it did before.

In the last 6 quarters...

1 3PA
10 mid range jumpers

So you're saying our two best players have 90's styles of play. Ingram takes long 2's and Randle (imo) gets the ball closer to the three point line and backs up to the post? Maybe the 90's will make a come back.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Ingram Per 36 Numbers:
Ingram (Age 19): 11.7 PPG (47.4% TS), 5.0 RPG (7.6%), 2.6 APG (10.5%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.6 BLK (1.3%)
Ingram (Age 20): 17.2 PPG (52.9% TS), 5.5 RPG (8.1%), 4.0 APG (16.6%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.7 BLK (1.6%)

There's been some defensive improvements as well. I think if the season were to end today, we can all say that Ingram has improved as much as anyone could expect in one season. Still, there is a 1/3 of the season left and Ingram, last year and in college, showed himself to be a strong finisher. Remember, last year, it was after the all-star game that Ingram made his greatest improvements. Awesome if history repeats itself this season.

Thank You LS. Nice to see some positive stats.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

At this rate, given that he is already playing this way at only 20 years old, Ingram should easily be a 20+ PPG/6+ RPG/5+ APG guy in his career as a floor. That is an all-star level player floor IMO. Look at where Randle is now at age 23. Give Ingram another three years too - who can argue he won't be able to average 4-5+ PPG, 1-2+ RPG and 1-2+ APG with another 2-3 years of experience under his belt. Gotta love his progress.

I'm starting to see a 25/7/5 player one day. Key will be his efficiency (3pt shot) and defense. His D will be the difference between all-star player and superstar. However, I think he's going to eventually be one of those guys that gets to the line A LOT. His length just begs guys to inadvertently foul him. He's shooting FTs a lot better too, so I don't think that's a concern any longer IMO.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BfPvvr7jnAS/

Pretty (bleep) annoying how Ingram has been overlooked by national media.

It's always either Kuzma or Zo but BI never gets any respect

It's more that Ingram was literally one of the worst players in the league last year based on stats. So while he's improved this year he really needed to have a monster year to get that bad taste out of everyone's mouth. Kuz is new and people are imagining potential so he gets the headlines this year
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Ingram Per 36 Numbers:

Thank You LS. Nice to see some positive stats.

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
At this rate, given that he is already playing this way at only 20 years old, Ingram should easily be a 20+ PPG/6+ RPG/5+ APG guy in his career as a floor. That is an all-star level player floor IMO. Look at where Randle is now at age 23. Give Ingram another three years too - who can argue he won't be able to average 4-5+ PPG, 1-2+ RPG and 1-2+ APG with another 2-3 years of experience under his belt. Gotta love his progress.

I'm starting to see a 25/7/5 player one day. Key will be his efficiency (3pt shot) and defense. His D will be the difference between all-star player and superstar. However, I think he's going to eventually be one of those guys that gets to the line A LOT. His length just begs guys to inadvertently foul him. He's shooting FTs a lot better too, so I don't think that's a concern any longer IMO.

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

BI after the Rising Stars Challenge:

Can't figure out how to embed video
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
At this rate, given that he is already playing this way at only 20 years old, Ingram should easily be a 20+ PPG/6+ RPG/5+ APG guy in his career as a floor.

davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

What I find particularly encouraging is that he's doing this at such a young age in far far far less than ideal conditions, playing with a flawed/inexperienced roster, playing out of position, playing often without a real point guard (or with a rookie pg when he's there), and he's still producing and progressing, taken his floor to a much higher level with glimpses of a ceiling that's gradually climbing as well.

If he improved next to nothing more in his "game" and only matured physically in the next few years - he'd already be a solid nba player.
Now add the fact that he's supposedly an extremely hard worker and how that will impact his skills - and there is a LOT to get excited about if you're a Laker fan.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I agree, and with the 25/7/5 I have said this just the other day. I think he has the looks of getting there. 3 point shooting is there in a small sample size at 39%, I think he will be a 40% shooter with 4 or more attempts within 2 years. These next couple years is the time players can really blossom. And with hard work and experience his defense will improve more and more, I think he has what it takes!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I'd be ecstatic with something around 20/6/6 with efficiency and good D.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Would like to see more 3 point attempts and of course better FT%. I think that will take him to 20ppg. However it depends on who we get/don’t get in FA. If we get pg13/lbj he will have a tougher time getting to 20ppg next year.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

The versatility he brings on both sides of the ball is simply amazing. The kid is taking the progression in becoming a star. Can anyone imagine the fits that BI and PG would cause other teams because of their versatility.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 957, 958, 959 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 958 of 1885
Jump to: