Magic Johnson & Rob Pelinka PRESS CONFERENCE (today at 12:00 pm pacific)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Most franchises use their young players as trade bait to acquire all star players think Kevin Love, Jimmy Butler, Paul George...Lakers use their to acquire cap space

Lol.

Klove for 2013 #1 pick (Bennett), 2014 #1 pick (Wiggins), thad young
Jimmy for Dunn, Lavine, Lauri
PG for Oladipo and Sabonis

Lakers gave up JC and Larry. Are you expecting JC and Larry to get better than they are now?
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Most franchises use their young players as trade bait to acquire all star players think Kevin Love, Jimmy Butler, Paul George...Lakers use their to acquire cap space

Lol.

Lakers gave up JC and Larry. Are you expecting JC and Larry to get better than they are now?

When we don't land two all stars does it look like it was a good trade to give up two players who look pretty GD good in CLE right now for a midlevel draft pick? Cause that cap space is going to be wasted and all because the Lakers could not wait until after this year to see what they had in those players.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

blah blah blha waste of time... just get the stars and then talk.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

When we don't land two all stars does it look like it was a good trade to give up two players who look pretty GD good in CLE right now for a midlevel draft pick? Cause that cap space is going to be wasted and all because the Lakers could not wait until after this year to see what they had in those players.

Is it ok if I dont get angry about losing JC and Larry until after the summer?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Ok whoever bumped this. Scared the crap out of me.

All these thoughts raced thru my head. What could they be announcing? Since trading is over, I thought it was Lonzo out for year.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

You don't have to be angry at all, you can be happy with IT and hope we resign him because in your mind he is the best player on the roster. Whatever you want to believe is your choice. But you might get angry if JC and Nance help the Cavs win a championship. That might sting a bit unless you like watching the current Laker teams play for the #1 draft choice.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see JC and Nance help Cleveland win a championship
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

You don't have to be angry at all, you can be happy with IT and hope we resign him because in your mind he is the best player on the roster. Whatever you want to believe is your choice. But you might get angry if JC and Nance help the Cavs win a championship. That might sting a bit unless you like watching the current Laker teams play for the #1 draft choice.

IT is the best player on the team? Weird take. If I ever wrote that, I forget. Maybe there was some context to it. Anyway. Would it sting if JC and Larry helped the Cavs win a chip? Perhaps. Do I think they will win. I dont.

Do I think the team is playing for the #1 draft pick? Since they don't have their own pick I doubt it happens.

So I'll be hoping for that cap space to be used. You can wish for it to not so that you can be proven right. Go Lakers, right?
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Cavs forum is... wait do they have any forums?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don’t know. The Pelicans do have a forum, I read that sometimes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dan-gilbert-letter-595x542.jpg

Just a reminder to any Lakers fan even thinking about ever rooting for Cleveland to win anything.

Last edited by MJST on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

Was it your intention to illustrate his point so well?
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

IT is the best player on the team? Weird take. If I ever wrote that, I forget. Maybe there was some context to it. Anyway. Would it sting if JC and Larry helped the Cavs win a chip? Perhaps. Do I think they will win. I dont.

Do I think the team is playing for the #1 draft pick? Since they don't have their own pick I doubt it happens.

So I'll be hoping for that cap space to be used. You can wish for it to not so that you can be proven right. Go Lakers, right?

My meaning with playing for the #1 Draft pick was the Tanking our team was doing the last 3 years. I am sick of tanking to keep those 1st round draft picks.

I won't have to wish to be proven right. I will just be right. You can hope we use that cap money correctly but if you are banking on 2 Max Players, you will be disappointed this coming FA period. That is not hoping the team will do poorly. It is just stating an opinion based on what will happen with LeBronze and PG13. Will I be happy? Obviously I won't since I have been pretty much (bleep) all over this trade from the moment we signed the paperwork on the deal. I was happy when we still had JC and Nance. We got hosed in this deal and we basically detonated this season and the positive direction this team was moving in is gone. There is not a shred of team left out there. The FO just hollowed them out and filled them with IT and all his baggage.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

My meaning with playing for the #1 Draft pick was the Tanking our team was doing the last 3 years. I am sick of tanking to keep those 1st round draft picks.

I won't have to wish to be proven right. I will just be right. You can hope we use that cap money correctly but if you are banking on 2 Max Players, you will be disappointed this coming FA period. That is not hoping the team will do poorly. It is just stating an opinion based on what will happen with LeBronze and PG13. Will I be happy? Obviously I won't since I have been pretty much (bleep) all over this trade from the moment we signed the paperwork on the deal. I was happy when we still had JC and Nance. We got hosed in this deal and we basically detonated this season and the positive direction this team was moving in is gone. There is not a shred of team left out there. The FO just hollowed them out and filled them with IT and all his baggage.

Alrighty. Enjoy being right I guess.
I'll actually wait to see what happens.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lol.

Was it your intention to illustrate his point so well?

If u think JC and Larry had as much value as those guys then sure.
We have difference of opinion on how we value players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: