2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Alright, Chase Utley is back! Wouldn't want to lose that veteran leadership in the playoffs!

We won some hard fought games. No doubt Utley's experience helped play a role. It's just that Roberts didn't realize the Astros and the racist Gurriel were reading Darvish like a book. If someone other than Darvish starts Game 7, we win it.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvish told Dave Roberts he was signing with the Cubs and said to him "My main goal is to beat the Dodgers."

https://twitter.com/Josh_Frydman/status/963496003524493313

(bleep) you Darvish. I hope you choke on bubblegum this time.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

He already beat the Dodgers twice in the World Series. He needs to perform well to talk like this. He was the single biggest reason we lost the WS, I hope he doesn't fix his tipping and ends up out of their rotation. Bleep that guy.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
For what it's worth, Matt Kemp has apparently lost 41 pounds and wants to lose a total of 50.

David Vassegh

Verified account

@THEREAL_DV
5h
5 hours ago

More
Harold Reynolds said this morning on @MLBNetwork Matt Kemp has lost 41 LBS this off season on his way to losing 50 LBS

The fact that he had an extra 50 lbs on him to lose is ridiculous. I wonder how much muscle he's lost and how it will affect his power (if we end up keeping him).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
For what it's worth, Matt Kemp has apparently lost 41 pounds and wants to lose a total of 50.

David Vassegh

Verified account

@THEREAL_DV
5h
5 hours ago

More
Harold Reynolds said this morning on @MLBNetwork Matt Kemp has lost 41 LBS this off season on his way to losing 50 LBS

The fact that he had an extra 50 lbs on him to lose is ridiculous. I wonder how much muscle he's lost and how it will affect his power (if we end up keeping him).

Yeah, 50 pounds is outrageous.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Hosmer to the Padres. Eight years and over $140MM, though he gets over $100MM in the first 5 years, and an opt-out after the fifth year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
He already beat the Dodgers twice in the World Series. He needs to perform well to talk like this. He was the single biggest reason we lost the WS, I hope he doesn't fix his tipping and ends up out of their rotation. Bleep that guy.

Some people are still in denial about this and blame it on Kershaw. This guy had the equivalent of 2 Bill Buckner moments.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Quote:
Darvish told Dave Roberts he was signing with the Cubs and said to him "My main goal is to beat the Dodgers."

https://twitter.com/Josh_Frydman/status/963496003524493313

(bleep) you Darvish. I hope you choke on bubblegum this time.

Another reason why I didn't care if we re-signed him. Not only would we have to commit to him till his mid 30's but a lot of Dodger fans still haven't forgiven him for that blown WS.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

Feels like we let a lot of quality pitching go this year; Darvish, Morrow, and now Watson. This year I think is going to be tougher to get to the playoffs.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Some people are still in denial about this and blame it on Kershaw. This guy had the equivalent of 2 Bill Buckner moments.

I might not fit exactly into your characterization, but since I was skeptical of Darvish in the playoffs, I was not that disappointed.

I was, however, extremely disappointed with the almost universally acknowledged best pitcher in baseball, given a 4-0 lead, giving up four, and then with a 7-4 lead, giving up two more and having to leave after 4 2/3 innings; and the best reliever in baseball, in a save opportunity, giving up a ninth inning home run that completely changed the momentum of the series.

Your best are supposed to step up when it matters.

As with Tom Niedenfuer and Terry Forster, these are moments I will never forget.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I might not fit exactly into your characterization, but since I was skeptical of Darvish in the playoffs, I was not that disappointed.

I was, however, extremely disappointed with the almost universally acknowledged best pitcher in baseball, given a 4-0 lead, giving up four, and then with a 7-4 lead, giving up two more and having to leave after 4 2/3 innings; and the best reliever in baseball, in a save opportunity, giving up a ninth inning home run that completely changed the momentum of the series.

As with Tom Niedenfuer and Terry Forster, these are moments I will never forget.

I'm with you.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I'm with you.

Couldn't agree any more. Love Kershaw but he really shouldn't be labeled the best pitcher in baseball until he gets it done in the postseason (which I think he eventually will).

Him blowing those two leads in game 5 still sting more than Darvish's games 3 & 7
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I'm with you.

Couldn't agree any more. Love Kershaw but he really shouldn't be labeled the best pitcher in baseball until he gets it done in the postseason (which I think he eventually will).

Him blowing those two leads in game 5 still sting more than Darvish's games 3 & 7

Kershaw is my favorite player and he is the best in the RS but in the postseason I have come to expect this from him. I don't know if it's because he tries to hard to be perfect or he gets relaxed/out of his zone with a big lead.

As bad as blowing a 3 and 4 run lead was in what would have put us in the best possible position to win the series (3-2 lead going home for 2 games), for me it was the Kenley blown saves that hurt the most. I'm not blaming him because he is human and Roberts was asking him to pitch longer than he is used to/expected to. But him blowing 2 saves like that within 4 days was just the worst gut punch.

All 3 of our "best" pitchers really crapped the bed but Kershaw gave us 2 quality starts and even when he was bad he only gave up a lead, he didn't let Houston get 5 runs in front from the start. Kenley was great except 2 games where he was asked to do too much. Yu just didn't give us anything. We literally would have been better and may be champions had we left him him off the roster entirely
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

^
The Game 5 loss wasn't a blown save by Kenley. We didn't have the lead, and he had to pitch more than an inning, and without rest. I knew that when he hit McCann, he was off, and that it was going to be a problem. Even if we had gotten out of that inning, what were we going to do in the next inning, even assuming that we had taken a lead? Who was going to pitch the next inning? Jansen was on fumes at that point; was he going to go yet another inning? Who else did we even have at that moment? Once we failed to score in the top of that inning, I knew we were in deep you-know-what. It's understandable that they scored off him in that spot.

It's hard to get past your all-World ace blowing a 4-run and a 3-run lead in back-to-back innings. That was the biggest surprise of the series, and the pivotal game.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
The Game 5 loss wasn't a blown save by Kenley. We didn't have the lead, and he had to pitch more than an inning, and without rest. I knew that when he hit McCann, he was off, and that it was going to be a problem. Even if we had gotten out of that inning, what were we going to do in the next inning, even assuming that we had taken a lead? Who was going to pitch the next inning? Jansen was on fumes at that point; was he going to go yet another inning? Who else did we even have at that moment? Once we failed to score in the top of that inning, I knew we were in deep you-know-what. It's understandable that they scored off him in that spot.

It's hard to get past your all-World ace blowing a 4-run and a 3-run lead in back-to-back innings. That was the biggest surprise of the series, and the pivotal game.

I agree with you about Kenley, Roberts was asking too much from him at that point and the strategy was flawed as you pointed out.

With Kershaw it's just his MO at this point. He is anti-clutch and this was supposed to be the season he broke that streak because Roberts said he wont pitch him on short rest or make him throw over 100 pitches which is what the reason was for past failures. He, along with most of the pitching staff, was lights out through the postseason until that game. But then the Kershaw that has broken our hearts half a dozen times had to make an appearance. I wasn't hoping for it to happen but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it.

The only reason the Kershaw implosion didn't hurt the most for me was because it didn't surprise me. I didn't expect it from Kenley because he was inhuman up until that point. I don't blame Kenley at all, that's on Roberts. But that's just how I reacted to it. Same thing with Yu in game 7, I was hopeful but a small part of me was ready for a repeat of game 3. I hate that I was right.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

You guys talk about game 5, but look the other way that the game turned out to be an offensive explosion for both sides. No pitcher was holding onto a lead for long that game. Its like going into Coors Field and expecting somebody to pitch a good solid game. Not gonna happen. I give Darvish extra grief because we saw once he left the game they were able to reign in the offense of the opposing team.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

That game was amazing despite blowing the leads and losing in the end. In retrospect I'm amazed how well Wood did in game 4 considering how hitter friendly that park was and how hot the Astros bats were.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Today is one of the great days of the year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

We were all mentioning it down the stretch last season about relying WAY too much on Jansen. If there were two things that disappointed me, it was the obvious overuse of Jansen and the pitching staff not recognizing that Yu was tipping his pitches.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Today is one of the great days of the year.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Last year's PCL pitcher of the year:

Pitchers IP H R ER BB K HR PC-ST ERA
W Font 2.0 0 0 0 0 2 0 10-10 0.00
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject:

Hitting homers for fun yesterday, nice to see Kemp return with one too

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Jose De Leon has to have TJ surgery for the Rays. Sucks.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I'm with you.

You can add Yu Darvish to that list for me. I am still traumatized by it and I am not kidding.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jose De Leon has to have TJ surgery for the Rays. Sucks.

JDL was pitching injured for the Rays and their minor league team of late. Hopefully the surgery can allow him to bounce back and make good on his promise.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 20 of 334
Jump to: