Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
^thoughts on Loma banking an impressive string of 'No Mas's" ?

Won RTD last 4! Looking at his Boxrec. Other than Garry Russell Jr. has he fought any top 10 fighters? I'd like to see him in with Rances Barthelemy

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/659771

jo, I think Loma works Barthelemy.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Won RTD last 4! Looking at his Boxrec. Other than Garry Russell Jr. has he fought any top 10 fighters? I'd like to see him in with Rances Barthelemy

jo, I think Loma works Barthelemy.

Might. I think it'll be a good fight. I'm not yet on the Loma bus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

I guess Rigondeux wasn't a top 10 for you??? Interesting he was undefeated before getting embarrassed by Loma. Ring Mag and ESPN had him #1pfp at one time in 2016.

Loma starches Barthelemy imo

Boxing Rec has Jason Sosa at a #10 Ranking. Loma No Mas'd him.

Boxing Rec had Nicholas Walters ranked #1 Superfeatherweight by the WBA, #7 WVC, #12 WBO when they fought. Loma absolutely destroyed and No Mass'd him.

Boxing Rec had Roman Martinez ranked #7 sfw. was the WBO Sfw Champ and Loma KO'd him.

Was robbed against Salido. Seriously Loma won that fight. Boxing Rec has Salido at 11 now but I'm pretty sure he was top 10 in his division when they fought.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

I guess Rigondeux wasn't a top 10 for you??? Interesting he was undefeated before getting embarrassed by Loma. Ring Mag and ESPN had him #1pfp at one time in 2016.

Boxing Rec had Nicholas Walters ranked #1 Superfeatherweight by the WBA, #7 WVC, #12 WBO when they fought. Loma absolutely destroyed and No Mass'd him.

Boxing Rec had Roman Martinez ranked #7 sfw. was the WBO Sfw Champ and Loma KO'd him.

Was robbed against Salido. Seriously Loma won that fight. Boxing Rec has Salido at 11 now but I'm pretty sure he was top 10 in his division when they fought.

Thanks for the response, you answered my question. I'm not a Loma enthusiast.

Rigondeux is a older fighter on his way out. Good payday was why I thought he was there. I'd like to see a Barthelemy matchwith Loma.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

He wasn't robbed by Salido.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Lomachenko vs Salido

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Lomachenko works every one at 130. That’s why Floyd’s not rushing to put Davis in there with him. Already saying he should move up and fight Garcia. “All great champions move up”. According to Floyd. Translation: I don’t want Loma to get in his ass.

Loma will probably have no choice but to move up because nothing at 130 really interests the fans.

As far as Rigo, dude has never been exciting. Just plain but skilled and technical. Doesn’t throw enough. He needs to stay at the comfortable weight and I understand why he took the fight. The payday. But it has made his reputation look a little shaky.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Lomachenko is a smallish 130 Mikey would struggle to make 135. I think Garcia is too big for him. He is a master boxer as well. Especially with the way he controls distance. His footwork is impeccable. Plus he hits a lot harder than Loma. Gary Russell Jr. gave Loma a good fight and he has no where near the power that Garcia does. I think it's a bridge too far for him and Robert Garcia has said as much. Maybe have to take the fight just in the interest of best available purse. Linares is also no walk over for wither of those guys but not big money.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Loma was absolutely robbed against Salido. that decision was an absolute joke.

at the very least it should have been scored a draw or NC.

Despite a serious disparity in experience Lomachenko lit him up!
Salido just ran around and half his punches were illegal low blows which the ref promptly ignored.

That fight was another testimate to how effed up and corrupt the sport is and will continue to be.

Last edited by ChickenBeckerman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Rigondeux is a older fighter on his way out. Good payday was why I thought he was there. I'd like to see a Barthelemy matchwith Loma.

Funny, after getting embarrassed, the narrative for Rigo conveniently focused on his age where as the chatter beforehand was that he would expose Loma.

Lomachenko is fighting at a level people haven't ever really seen and can't seem to comprehend.

He'll do very well against anyone at 130 also. Floyd is smart to hide his boy from the inevitable whoopin.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Funny, after getting embarrassed, the narrative for Rigo conveniently focused on his age where as the chatter beforehand was that he would expose Loma.

Lomachenko is fighting at a level people haven't ever really seen and can't seem to comprehend.

He'll do very well against anyone at 130 also. Floyd is smart to hide his boy from the inevitable whoopin.

Yes, he was aged but I don't think that's why he lost. After the first round he impressed me as a fighter who didn't think he could win so he tanked.

ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

^and alot of that had to do with Loma boxing at a level Rigo had never seen in his lifetime of 475+ fights. Loma beats down Rigo at any age imo . Just at whole other level of skillset and ability. and again, ESPN & Others had Rigo as #1 pfp just a year or two ago
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Should be easy work for Spence this weekend.

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
^and alot of that had to do with Loma boxing at a level Rigo had never seen in his lifetime of 475+ fights. Loma beats down Rigo at any age imo . Just at whole other level of skillset and ability. and again, ESPN & Others had Rigo as #1 pfp just a year or two ago

You're overrating Loma way too much. This is the same guy that lost to Salido. You're acting like he beat a prime Rigo at his best weight. He beat an old, slow, and much smaller guy. Rigo showed up for a payday.

What does it tell you that Loma doesn't give himself that much credit for beating Rigo?

Let's see him try to do that to a guy his own size or bigger. Let me know when Arum finally decides to put him in the ring against someone like Mikey. Mikey will be too much for Loma and will show Loma what real power is.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

BWHAHAHAH. LOMA SCHOOLED SALIDO, lit him up and Still Got ROBBED. Salido had to resort to cheating and low blows just to stay alive. Get a clue.

Nope Rigo gets schooled by Loma at any age weight or time. Get a clue and recognize the skillset and ability. It's on another level.

AND How can Mikey show what power is when he'll be wiffing air all night lol. while getting his mug peppered by angles and intercepts.

Loma by No Mas all day.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

suspicious KO by Matthysse last night... dude laid down couple seconds after the hit
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
suspicious KO by Matthysse last night... dude laid down couple seconds after the hit

Terrible fight. Worst fight on the card. Took the family to that card. Was great from start to Linares. Matthysse is done. They were celebrating a secondary WBA title. Thurman is the real champion. Lol @ the WBA and their way to get bribes, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, sanctioning fees.

Matthysse would get murdered by Thurman, Brook, Spencer, Crawford and probably Garcia again. No head movement and dude looked slow.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Looked like he may have caught Matt on the temple, the first knock down .031. The first angle looks like a phantom punch, the replay looks like he caught him on the temple. The second knock down may have been a delayed reaction. Slow the video down.

LINK

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and betting prediction for this weekend's Garcia vs. Rios fight: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/02/danny-garcia-vs-brandon-rios-quick.html
NickDaQwik
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Anyone catch the George Groves Chris eubanks fight? Just caught the last half from the 8th round on. What a f***** war!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Just watched Devon Alexander get robbed. I had him winning 10 2 over Victor Ortiz. They called the fight a draw...///

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

NickDaQwik wrote:
Anyone catch the George Groves Chris eubanks fight? Just caught the last half from the 8th round on. What a f***** war!

Was a pretty good scrap especially with all Eubank's blood all over the ref. Thought George won and Eubank needs to fire his pops.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just watched Devon Alexander get robbed. I had him winning 10 2 over Victor Ortiz. They called the fight a draw...///

Ortiz's eye was about to give birth ...... Alexander was clearly robbed in that fight. Crazy scores. This is why you gotta finish fights off like Garcia did Rios.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ortiz's eye was about to give birth ...... Alexander was clearly robbed in that fight. Crazy scores. This is why you gotta finish fights off like Garcia did Rios.

The judges in that fight need to be investigated and suspended if not banned. The scoring seemed bought.

Kenny Bayless did the right thing. Rios was flying blind. If the fight had continued he may have suffered career ending, life threatening, damage. LINK

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Wilder vs. Ortiz prediction: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/03/deontay-wilder-vs-luis-ortiz-quick.html
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
WBC/WBA/IBF/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) will defend his titles against Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) in their much-anticipated rematch on May 5 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas

Finally, the rematch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 445 of 514
Jump to: