ALL STAR SATURDAY NIGHT THREAD AND ALL STAR GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
lmao at this is what the NBA is now

the starting lineups are announced by an UNFUNNY forced comedian and the anthem is murdered by one of the black eyed peas

RIP NBA

Yo what happened? No East vs West? When the heck did the All Star Game turn into the Survivor Series? Marty Jannetty being thrown through a glass window baah gaad wouldn’t even help.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

On the plus side, Carl Lewis singing the national anthem doesn't sound so bad anymore....
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

The anthem was bad enough that I changed the channel. I thought it was bad, but this reaction tells me it must have somehow got even worse. Wondering why they even chose Fergie. She isn't even relevant. Should've just handed the mic over to Beyonce in the audience.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
BTW this was my favorite tweet from tonight.

Quote:
@B1ackSchefter

Fergie sang that Anthem so bad, Kaepernick stood up and told her not to disrespect the Anthem like that.

RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
32 wrote:
Steph didn't look right to me in this game. He didn't look like his normal self.

He was broke vs Portland too.

The thought of people putting Steph and Lebron on the same level a couple years ago still makes me sick to my stomach.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

the starting lineups are announced by an UNFUNNY forced comedian and the anthem is murdered by one of the black eyed peas

RIP NBA

Yo what happened? No East vs West? When the heck did the All Star Game turn into the Survivor Series? Marty Jannetty being thrown through a glass window baah gaad wouldn’t even help.

I think papa shango put a curse on the NBA marketing board

either that or they've changed their plan to match degenerate millennial tastes

here's Stevie Wonder doing the national anthem in detroit c. 2004 to help you forget the black eyed peas version tonight

also here's the cream of the crop promo just to reset everyone's equilibrium

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

RIP NBA

I think papa shango put a curse on the NBA marketing board

either that or they've changed their plan to match degenerate millennial tastes

here's Stevie Wonder doing the national anthem in detroit c. 2004 to help you forget the black eyed peas version tonight

also here's the cream of the crop promo just to reset everyone's equilibrium

Fergie went solo, after tonights performance I don't think the Black Eyed Peas will invite her back......
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

RIP NBA

The worst NBA All Star Game I have ever watched in the past 20 years. From the announcing, singing the anthem, half time show...The only good part was the end of the tight game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

The worst NBA All Star Game I have ever watched in the past 20 years. From the announcing, singing the anthem, half time show...The only good part was the end of the tight game.

One of the better all star games I've seen in years.. to each his own I suppose..
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

One of the better all star games I've seen in years.. to each his own I suppose..

Yeah I liked it all. Anthem? Big deal we’ve all heard it in so many variations. Finally some healthy competition in the game. I always like the half time shows here. I guess I’m on the younger side at 41.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

Yeah I liked it all. Anthem? Big deal we’ve all heard it in so many variations. Finally some healthy competition in the game. I always like the half time shows here. I guess I’m on the younger side at 41.

I'm with you.. 42 here.. I really can't see what more could the guys have done without putting their season in jeopardy.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

Agreed. What was so appealing about the other 19 ASGs? Do people actually enjoy watching players jack up 80 treys in a single game or step aside and let the opposing teams get uncontested layups and dunks?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

I mean for the most part it was a pretty normal ASG from what I watched (admittedly I did not watch the whole thing). The beginning was pretty loosy goosy and the end was good. I recall that usually being the case aside from maybe the past couple years to an extent.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Definitely one of the better All Star games ever.

On a side note, Embiid is such an impressive player. His jumper has been off this year but having a 7 footer who can defend the pick and roll, protect the rim, not get constantly abused on switches, make a three AND give you a dominant offensive presence inside is unbelievable.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Definitely one of the better All Star games ever.

On a side note, Embiid is such an impressive player. His jumper has been off this year but having a 7 footer who can defend the pick and roll, protect the rim, not get constantly abused on switches, make a three AND give you a dominant offensive presence inside is unbelievable.

That guy might just change the landscape of the NBA again. Not only can he score from just about anywhere, rebound, and defend the rim and out on the perimeter, he's also a good passer out of the post.

I never thought he'd overcome all of his injury issues but he has and it was the worth the wait.

He was, to me, the second most impressive player out there.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

DVR'd it and just watched the actual basketball. Made for a great game if you didn't take the announcers opinions seriously.
HAL 9000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

This AS-game does not compute to me, and I'm a computer. So... let me get this straight...... no more East vs. West? Who the hell am I supposed to root for? This game really has become all about the starz and less about the teams.

Have I become the sorry ass that says "Back in the good old days it was like this, and that's the way we liked it," guy?

Last edited by HAL 9000 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

I've never cared for the All-Star Game.
I just wanna see my Lakers.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

I had fun. Honestly I’m glad I was there to witness whatever that was Fergie did because that was indescribable.

As for the game itself I found I kind of miss the east vs west dynamic but I did like the draft. I liked seeing Durant and LeBron play together even though you know I basketball can’t stand LeBron (he seems like a really cool person I just have an irrational basketball hate for him). And quite frankly anything was going to be better than last year‘s game which they did not take seriously at all. People were literally lying on the ground instead of playing defense it was ridiculous and boring. So if this is a change that’s going to make the players act right then I’m all for it. I had a fun time. But now it’s the second half of the season and it’s time for us to get back to winning…
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
hdtvset wrote:

RIP NBA

I'm with you.. 42 here.. I really can't see what more could the guys have done without putting their season in jeopardy.

I'm with both of you guys. I went through several pages of this thread and all of the negativity has me pretty glad that I wasn't in here throughout the game. You'd think the world was gonna end this week and the hopelessness of it was permeating through everyone in this thread. Pretty pathetic.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

The game was good. Not sure what all these negative commentators were looking at. I knew Curry's team was gonna lose when they had Derozan out there. Toronto players always choke when it counts.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, the new format was ok. You got to see the players play together that would never have a chance to see before in the old format. But, you lost the East vs West rivalry. May be I still have hard time accepting the new format.

By the way, what's up with Curry eating popcorn during the game? Did he washing his hands before coming back to the game? (I don't like Curry so I pick on him ) And Butler didn't want to play.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Butler choosing not to play because of a hangover really sucked for Lou Williams, that All Star selection would have meant alot to him, if Butler wasnt gonna play should have given up his spot
wickedgenes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

game was ok. better than prior ASGs.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Only problem with this All-Star game was no Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: