Why the Trail Blazers paid Charles Barkley $1197 after Sunday's NBA All Star Game

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Why the Trail Blazers paid Charles Barkley $1197 after Sunday's NBA All Star Game

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-the-trail-blazers-paid-charles-barkley-1197-after-sundays-nba-all-star-game/

Quote:
Why the Trail Blazers paid Charles Barkley $1,197 after Sunday's NBA All-Star Game

The Trail Blazers almost traded for Charles Barkley, but when they didn't, it put them in debt to him

Charles Barkley played for three teams in his NBA career. One of those three could have ended up being the Trail Blazers if they had listened to the Round Mound of Rebound.

Three days ago, Barkley told a story on television about trying to facilitate a trade to Portland when he was a player. This could have been where the story ended. Chuck, however, flew all the way to Portland on his own dime and it cost him $1,197 to do it. They didn't trade for him and as a result they owed him that money. Well, on Sunday in the All-Star Game postgame show, Damian Lillard presented Barkley a check for the amount of the stay in Portland.

NBA on TNT

@NBAonTNT
The @trailblazers came through! 👀😂

12:36 AM - Feb 19, 2018
382 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Trail Blazers

@trailblazers
. @Dame_Lillard presents Charles Barkley with a check for $1,197, the amount he said he paid for the flight he took to Portland back in the '90s.

12:39 AM - Feb 19, 2018
507 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The Blazers pay back their debts! It may have been years later, but they are no longer in debt to Barkley. What's amazing is that Barkley knew to the very dollar how much Portland owed him.

This is all funny and in great taste by the Blazers. They could have easily let the story go and nobody would have noticed or cared, but by playing along, it led to a great TV moment.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

That's funny. I wish I'd seen that, but I never watch the all-star game.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
That's funny. I wish I'd seen that, but I never watch the all-star game.

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

What about the vig?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: