Jordan Clarkson & Larry Nance Jr. Appreciation Thread (Larry says Pelinka Story About Breaking Promise is False p.28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson & Nance combined for 3 points in the 2nd half as the Cavs lost to the Wiz...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Alright, who wants to talk tonight about how we blew it with this trade and gave up two amazing players that are going to help the Cavs magically turn around their season?

(I'm only 10% serious)
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject:

The coverage of the Cavs is hilariously reactionary after this trade. I mean it was always likely because it's LeBron but they win 2 games after the trade and it's "The Cavs are fixed" and "Smart decisions by Cavs at deadline pay off". They lose to a more than decent Wizards team and it's "The Cavs aren't fixed yet" and "Trades didn't address deepest Cavs concerns".

It's hilarious. I mean I can't have been the only one sat there after those first two blowout wins they had after the trade going "Yeah this isn't going to last..."

I don't see it happening but it'd be even funnier if IT comes back from the break ballin' out. Perfect little run of games against basement dwellers coming up too.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
The coverage of the Cavs is hilariously reactionary after this trade. I mean it was always likely because it's LeBron but they win 2 games after the trade and it's "The Cavs are fixed" and "Smart decisions by Cavs at deadline pay off". They lose to a more than decent Wizards team and it's "The Cavs aren't fixed yet" and "Trades didn't address deepest Cavs concerns".

It's hilarious. I mean I can't have been the only one sat there after those first two blowout wins they had after the trade going "Yeah this isn't going to last..."

I don't see it happening but it'd be even funnier if IT comes back from the break ballin' out. Perfect little run of games against basement dwellers coming up too.

It's still a good trade for the Cavs, because Clarkson and Nance are good role players, but anyone who thought they would be more than that were expecting too much, both are IMO almost finish products, their production will probably be a little better (especially JC's efficiency) because of Lebron, but they are still NOT a major players if you want to build a championship team...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:

Welcome to everyday in the social media age

One day it’s X team or Y player sucks, next day X team is all-time great and Y player is a hall of famer...just the way it is now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

JC and Nance are nice role players. So it's really not their fault if the Cavs win/lose games. That team is so heavily LBJ reliant. Blaming a 6th/8th man for a loss is silly.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Alright, who wants to talk tonight about how we blew it with this trade and gave up two amazing players that are going to help the Cavs magically turn around their season?

(I'm only 10% serious)

Still miss them and the contributions they provided to this Laker roster. Still do not like the reasons behind the "necessity" to make the trade.

Has nothing to do with the roller coaster ride of how they perform in Cleveland.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

JC went and got his pretty face messed up.....the ladies are not going to be happy if those stitches leave scars. He had a solid 2nd half to finish with 14/4/2 in 20 minutes. Nance had a huge game with 15/8/2 with 4 Steals and 2 Blocks in 27 minutes. I could see Nance eventually bumping Thompson out of starting lineup!
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Yep, they are both having a great game tonight. They need minutes on the court to get those stats but tonight you have IT and Ball with a 2 for 8 shooting and 6 points total.

I absolutely stand by my original post that we got screwed in this trade and IT is never going to be anything more than a player too short for the NBA.
L4L4K3RS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Clarkson & Nance combined for 3 points in the 2nd half as the Cavs lost to the Wiz...

How are they(JC and Nance) doing tonight in CLE vs what IT and Ball are doing in LAL?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:
Yep, they are both having a great game tonight. They need minutes on the court to get those stats but tonight you have IT and Ball with a 2 for 8 shooting and 6 points total.

I absolutely stand by my original post that we got screwed in this trade and IT is never going to be anything more than a player too short for the NBA.

The trade was about the cap space and the 1st round pick. It was always quite possible and, in fact, probably likely that our actual team for the rest of this season would be slightly worse. But Nance's departure has opened up some PT for Zubac, and that's not a horrible thing.

First round picks were guarded like the Smithsonian by teams this season, and we managed to snag one. Since we didn't even have our own pick this season, that's no small accomplishment. We traded Nance at the absolute peak of his value, since he's heading into RFA next season and you saw how little value those guys had this trade deadline. As for JC, he's a nice player but he's replaceable, if necessary, in free agency this summer at that price (and likely for even cheaper).

In the big picture, it was a great move.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

L4L4K3RS wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

How are they(JC and Nance) doing tonight in CLE vs what IT and Ball are doing in LAL?

I am not really viewing it that way....it happened, looking forward....but just keeping track of two Lakers I enjoyed watching over the years and hoping they do well in Cleveland.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
L4L4K3RS wrote:

The trade was about the cap space and the 1st round pick. It was always quite possible and, in fact, probably likely that our actual team for the rest of this season would be slightly worse. But Nance's departure has opened up some PT for Zubac, and that's not a horrible thing.

First round picks were guarded like the Smithsonian by teams this season, and we managed to snag one. Since we didn't even have our own pick this season, that's no small accomplishment. We traded Nance at the absolute peak of his value, since he's heading into RFA next season and you saw how little value those guys had this trade deadline. As for JC, he's a nice player but he's replaceable, if necessary, in free agency this summer at that price (and likely for even cheaper).

In the big picture, it was a great move.

IMO this is still to be determined. Depends on how the cap space and pick are used. Also I tend to give Nance and Clarkson much more value and respect then you are giving. Perhaps not elite but certainly impact players on the roster.

If this was the move that starts the dominoes towards a Championship then brilliant! But if this is simply cap space punted forward because the the speculated marquee free agents can not be signed or even worse they sign to much fanfare only to fizzle out with a couple early playoff exits at best.

FO has made their move and backed themselves into a corner. I hope they have not squandered talent for a high risk move that fails. We shall see.

I am curious to see how both do in CLE. Have watched more non-playoff CLE games in the past couple weeks then in the past few years. I wish them well. Only problem with that is as CLE wins the Lakers lose draft spots.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

This still belongs to Lakers topic?
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Not a good look for Larry...

https://twitter.com/TerezOwens/status/973189513689276416
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:

I get not taking selfies with adult fans so that they can make it their FB or IG profile pic or whatever....but you gotta say yes to the kids. I got an autograph from Magic when I was in a bank when I was like 7 and it meant a lot to me. Not cool.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:

I get it might be irritating some times but that was not cool
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
sogood. wrote:

He apologized already.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I get not taking selfies with adult fans so that they can make it their FB or IG profile pic or whatever....but you gotta say yes to the kids. I got an autograph from Magic when I was in a bank when I was like 7 and it meant a lot to me. Not cool.

We have no clue what the full backstory is.

Where did he come from, where was he going, what did the kid say? Or maybe Nance had just spent time with a group earlier.

For all we know this kid is a regular autograph seeker for Dad's profit that Nance recognized. Convenient to to have a ball in the back pack for him to sign, isn't it? Coming soon to the sports memorabilia auction near you?

Or maybe Nance is an a-hole that hates kids? Doubt it but even if so he has the right to just not stop every time someone wants a piece of him. Young man has a life too. I'll give him a pass on this one.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Dang Larry went to cleav and got the LeBron ace Hole disease.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Watching JC’s interview, he mentioned he was one of the only guys who played with both Kobe and LeBron. Obviously Nance now too, but who else can say that?

All I could think of off the top of my head was Shaq, Mihm for a cup of coffee with LeBron and Ira Newble for a couple games with Kobe.

Anyone else?

Last edited by PartyMan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Dang Larry went to cleav and got the LeBron ace Hole disease.

Didn't think Nance would be such a ahole.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
sogood. wrote:

You gotta say no sometimes. And on the occasions that you do say no, there's going to be a parent with a phone taping it and crying how you dissed their kid.

It's like traveling to a third world country. You have these little kids that come and ask for money. The amount is so small that you want to give. As soon as you give to one, a bunch of them swarm all over you.

When you face that over and over, sometimes you just want to say no to the first one.

Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe LNJ just finished signing a bunch of autographs and cut it off and started walking away and this kid didn't get a signature so he chased LNJ down for one.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
sogood. wrote:

You gotta say no sometimes. And on the occasions that you do say no, there's going to be a parent with a phone taping it and crying how you dissed their kid.

It's like traveling to a third world country. You have these little kids that come and ask for money. They amount is so small that you want to give. As soon as you give to one, a bunch of them swarm all over you.

When you face that over and over, sometimes you just want to say no to the first one.

Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe LNJ just finished signing a bunch of autographs and cut it off and started walking away and this kid didn't get a signature so he chased LNJ down for one.

Right.
https://twitter.com/Tony_Dort/status/973249685430390784?s=20
kbitboc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Watching JC’s interview, he mentioned he was one of the only guys who played with both Kobe and LeBron. Obviously Nance now too, but who else can say that?

All I could think of off the top of my head was Shaq, Mihm for a cup of coffee with LeBron and Ira Newble for a couple games with Kobe.

Anyone else?

Top of my head, Carlos Boozer and Antawn Jamison.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 18 of 28
Jump to: