JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Not bad for the 30th pick, not (bleep) bad at all
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 2017 draft was one of the best of any team all time.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:
According to ESPN's net power ranking
Quote:
"the Lakers have been a net-positive team when Josh Hart is on the floor with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle and Brook Lopez.

Since New Years Josh Hart true shooting % has risen to 64.0 which ranks him #1 on the Lakers and 20th in the league for players averaging 20 minutes per game.

THIS is good stuff!
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Lakers 2017 draft was one of the best of any team all time.

Ball/Kuz/Hart in the same draft. Unreal.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

Ho-hum, another double double.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject:

So do we still care if whether we could have drafted Kuzma had we not traded DRuss? Hitman is fast becoming my favorite player among the 3.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
So do we still care if whether we could have drafted Kuzma had we not traded DRuss? Hitman is fast becoming my favorite player among the 3.

Given contract status and fit with the Lakers I'd say

Kuzma>Hart>D'Angelo
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

It's beyond debate that we had the best draft class in the league this year. Zo, Kuzma and Hart have all played brilliantly at times this year. Hart is having an incredible month, nearly 50% on 4 three pointers a game, 12/8/2 with a steal a game in there for good measure.

Our scouting team has to be one of, if not the best in the league.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

Hart & Kuzma have become fan favorites because of their determination, hustle, heart (pun intended) and skillset.

Neither were expected to contribute much this season, however both have exceeded expectations and appear to have bright NBA futures.

When you put Thomas Bryant into the mix it is apparent that the scouting department hit a grand-slam in the last draft. Hopefully they can do it again or at least get one good prospect out of this draft.

PS: Most of us already knew Zo was going to be good.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
It's beyond debate that we had the best draft class in the league this year. Zo, Kuzma and Hart have all played brilliantly at times this year. Hart is having an incredible month, nearly 50% on 4 three pointers a game, 12/8/2 with a steal a game in there for good measure.

Our steals to bust ratio has been absurdly good since the 14 draft, Anthony Brown was the only pick that didn't work out.

Getting a haul of JC, Nance Jr, Hart, Kuz and Zubac from the late first round/second round is unbelievable. The first 4 are all already legit players, and Zu is on his way. If you look at what they have in common it's that they're all guys who played 3-4 years in college (except Zu). Getting a developed guy who is ready to contribute locked in on a rookie deal is such an underrated move.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Our steals to bust ratio has been absurdly good since the 14 draft, Anthony Brown was the only pick that didn't work out.

Getting a haul of JC, Nance Jr, Hart, Kuz and Zubac from the late first round/second round is unbelievable. The first 4 are all already legit players, and Zu is on his way.

I have confidence that the scouting department will find yet another gem in the upcoming draft too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

He’s more Raja Bell then Fisher
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Hart is probably the most polished player on the team. He might be better than Lonzo
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:

Our coaching has been great, as well. Guys are developing quickly
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

I feel the same about the upcoming late first rounder. Most teams wouldn't be too excited about what they could get there but I have faith on the FO to get another impact player. As somebody pointed out since 2014 we have only really missed on Anthony Brown.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:

I don't think anyone should care one bit.

Tossing what-if arguments aside and comparing players, Kuz shows intermittent brilliance but sits on the bench a lot right now. All star potential in the long run. Spectacularly good when he's hitting on the offensive side, but a ways to go on defense. He's NOT the missing ingredient who's going to get us to .500 this season. He's not going to draw marquee FA's this summer unless he earns more playing time with solid 2 way play.

Hart is a stud who's willing to play solid defense against any player he faces, a little learning to do but he's tough as nails, he's STILL our best 3 point shooter - 39%!!!! and late in the game, when the ball gets tipped loose and teams are scrambling for possession, it's often Hart who comes up with the clutch play that puts the ball in the Lakers' hands, or who sinks a dagger 3 when we need it. I think a lot of top tier FA's would love to have a player like Hart out there watching their backs, not needing the ball in his hands to help them win games right away.

I still think Hart's ceiling is below DLO and Kuzma, but I think he has a higher floor than either, and it's a very high floor that fits the Lakers' needs.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I like Hart. With his size and he is still able to get 10 boards a game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Hart & Kuzma have become fan favorites because of their determination, hustle, heart (pun intended) and skillset.

Neither were expected to contribute much this season, however both have exceeded expectations and appear to have bright NBA futures.

When you put Thomas Bryant into the mix it is apparent that the scouting department hit a grand-slam in the last draft. Hopefully they can do it again or at least get one good prospect out of this draft.

PS: Most of us already knew Zo was going to be good.

I would argue the opposite, that 4 year college players are more likely to make an immediate impact. Hart and Kuzma were in Randle’s high school class and I expected them to be more NBA ready. Especially Hart who had college success.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I expected Anthony Brown to be our future 3D guy but his shooting somehow never translated in the NBA.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Josh got the W tonight and is up and streaming on Twitch in his hotel room.

https://www.twitch.tv/JHartshow
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

This is pretty cool. I don't care for the game, but just hearing him casually kick the (bleep) while he's playing is funny, lol.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

It's funny how much we love this guy, yet at the same time how much we underate him. It's like we're keeping our cool, we're not getting too crazy, so we throw out names like Derek Fisher, Danny Green, Raja Bell, etc. Guys who were strictly shooters and didn't do much else. Josh Hart can weave his way in traffic and take it all the way to the rack, and when he's at the rack, it's not like he's barely there like most guys who shoots from the floor. When he's at the rack, the dude is up at the rim. On a spectrum of 3 and D guys to the left, and Jimmy Butler all the way to the right, I say the needle for Josh Hart is a little past the half way mark toward Butler. He's not Jimmy Butler, but he's much more than most 3 and D guys. If he has any ego, or decides to go for it, I do think he has it in him to be Jimmy Butler type level.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
It's funny how much we love this guy, yet at the same time how much we underate him. It's like we're keeping our cool, we're not getting too crazy, so we throw out names like Derek Fisher, Danny Green, Raja Bell, etc. Guys who were strictly shooters and didn't do much else. Josh Hart can weave his way in traffic and take it all the way to the rack, and when he's at the rack, it's not like he's barely there like most guys who shoots from the floor. When he's at the rack, the dude is up at the rim. On a spectrum of 3 and D guys to the left, and Jimmy Butler all the way to the right, I say the needle for Josh Hart is a little past the half way mark toward Butler. He's not Jimmy Butler, but he's much more than most 3 and D guys. If he has any ego, or decides to go for it, I do think he has it in him to be Jimmy Butler type level.

Agreed, I find the Fisher comparisons to be disgraceful and selling Hart's potential way too short, surprised it's been coming from LG where we watched Fisher bumble his way through for decades.

As a ROOKIE, he's already a better defender than Fisher and an infinitely better finisher at the rim. His in-between game needs some work but at least he has shown he has the basics of a pullup and postup game in the repetoire, he just needs to refine his shot on the move.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

69% at the rim. Almost 40% from 3. That will get it done.

Just for giggles.

Fisher career 45.7% at the rim.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

topics ranging from beanie babies to why the NCAA is the most corrupt organization ever

lonzo came thru and somebody almost died eating ramen

I rate it 20 outta 10
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 79 of 163
Jump to: