The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1340, 1341, 1342 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Yeah I think Julius has proved enough this season to make the FO keep him. Somebody will make us pay more than we wanted to probably but I think he is a key piece moving forward. He is certainly worth Jordan Clarkson kind of money.

4 years/12 mil a year sounds like the right price range to me. Wouldn't be lowballing Julius and he'd be an asset at that price especially since he's shown the work ethic to improve year on year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Yeah I think Julius has proved enough this season to make the FO keep him. Somebody will make us pay more than we wanted to probably but I think he is a key piece moving forward. He is certainly worth Jordan Clarkson kind of money.

4 years/12 mil a year sounds like the right price range to me. Wouldn't be lowballing Julius and he'd be an asset at that price especially since he's shown the work ethic to improve year on year.

NO DOUBT!!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

People around the nba are hesistant to say it, but it’s starting to slip out of some mouths...Jules is a star in this league. You heard zubac say that he’s destined to be an all star soon. You heard the post game show allude to the fact that only a handful of players in the nba are capable of guarding him because of his physical nature. You heard Luke say that the coaches have been specifically working on Jules passing out of the double team in practice (they know it’s coming from now on). The whispers have always been there since he was a rookie. People have been calling him a beast since day 1.

He couldn’t bully grown men when he came into the league, but now he’s a grown man himself and his game is working again.

Btw the guy on TWC called Lonzo a superstar today...whether you like it or not that’s true. Ingram is another guy coming into his own...

Don’t be surprised if we only re-sign our own guys this off season and add a couple players that can play off of them.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Zubac
Kuzma

I feel like this is the core we’re buikding around going forward. I honestly don’t see a peremeter star joining us anytime soon...it’s pointless imo

This summer it’s cousins or bust imo because he fills that brook Lopez role.

Jules and cousins max this summer
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
People around the nba are hesistant to say it, but it’s starting to slip out of some mouths...Jules is a star in this league. You heard zubac say that he’s destined to be an all star soon. You heard the post game show allude to the fact that only a handful of players in the nba are capable of guarding him because of his physical nature. You heard Luke say that the coaches have been specifically working on Jules passing out of the double team in practice (they know it’s coming from now on). The whispers have always been there since he was a rookie. People have been calling him a beast since day 1.

He couldn’t bully grown men when he came into the league, but now he’s a grown man himself and his game is working again.

Btw the guy on TWC called Lonzo a superstar today...whether you like it or not that’s true. Ingram is another guy coming into his own...

Don’t be surprised if we only re-sign our own guys this off season and add a couple players that can play off of them.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Zubac
Kuzma

I feel like this is the core we’re buikding around going forward. I honestly don’t see a peremeter star joining us anytime soon...it’s pointless imo

This summer it’s cousins or bust imo because he fills that brook Lopez role.

Jules and cousins max this summer

Zero chance we give Cousins a full max after we saw first hand what the achilles did to Kobe. That's the sort of move that can close our window shut in one swoop.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

This is just his 3rd season of actually playing and he is only 23.

You can see that he is figuring out more and more stuff as the season progresses. Yes that is right he is getting better and since he is such a hard worker we should expect that he will continue to get better.

Team are now doubling him and all that has done is get his assist up. Imagine if he was surrounded with dead eye shooters.

He doesn't need a 3 point game but a a reliable 15 footer would make him a killer. He is too quick and can drive by anyone who is covering him even if it is a small forward. And he is too strong for all but a few in the league.

He is just coming into his own and at the right time for him as the $$ will be there.

Right now he is our best player and it isn't even close. He is there every night.

Love the Core

Randle: Emerging star
BI: Emerging star
Ball: You can see he will be special
Kuz: Seems a little worn down but a player for sure
Hart: Wow he is a starter quality guy on a good team
Zubac: Only thing holding him back has been Luke.

Not Core yet: Bryant: Big guy with really long arms who can drill the 3 point shot all night long. Love to see what he looks like after a year of working on his body. Hope he goes to Randle's trainer.

We have a great core and a lot of cap space which will give us great flexibility in FA or in trades. We also have great size, speed and athleticism which will become more evident as these guys mature.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:

If 1 max, it’s George:
Ball
George/Hart
Ingram
Randle/Kuzma
Zubac

If 2, George and James
Ball
George/Hart
Ingram
James/Kuzma
Randle/Zubac

And I don’t why couldn’t compete with Warriors. Ball/Hart on Curry, George/Ingram/James on Thompson and Durant while Randle on Green.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Is Randle the 3rd best player from the 2014 draft?

Embiid and Jokic are pretty clearly the top 2, but after that... Wiggins can score in volume but does virtually nothing else and has plateau'd. Parker has serious injury concerns. Marcus Smart is a good defender, but a historically bad offensive player who doesn't seem to be getting any better. Aaron Gordon is putting up numbers, but they're empty calories on a team fighting for the worst record in the league. Payton is starting to come alive a bit on the Suns, but again, it doesn't translate into wins. The Lakers aren't a "good team" yet, but they're clearly a tier above the bottom feeders, and Randle is a huge reason for that.

I'd rank Capela and Gordon over Julius in that I think they have more value around the league. Julius would be able to destroy those 2 in a 1 on 1 matchup but he's a more awkward fit into a winning team, you sort of have to design your lineup around Julius' strengths and weaknesses.

But I would definitely rather pay Julius 12m a year than Wiggins the max.

Fair enough. Both of those guys have much more defined roles and less holes in their game. Randle on the other hand has such versatility and aspects that he has become elite at that I feel he has a higher upside if he ever does get around to covering his weaknesses.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

he teabags and emasculates how many teams? Sign the man.

case closed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Keep Jules. Yes I’d be willing to trade future 1sts to keep him if we get 2 max FAs.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
If 1 max, it’s George:
Ball
George/Hart
Ingram
Randle/Kuzma
Zubac

If 2, George and James
Ball
George/Hart
Ingram
James/Kuzma
Randle/Zubac

And I don’t why couldn’t compete with Warriors. Ball/Hart on Curry, George/Ingram/James on Thompson and Durant while Randle on Green.

I do like the idea of Randle/James/George/Ingram(with length) taking turns bullying Curry and other guards in the league over a seven guard series. It's one of the reasons the Cavs beat the Warriors in 2016. Lebron and Randle may be able to do it to Durant as well. Maybe have Randle spend the entire game just pushing Durant around. Literally pummel him the whole series.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Biggest improvement in randle is his fg% around the rim. He's finally using his strength to finish his shots!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Keep Jules. Yes I’d be willing to trade future 1sts to keep him if we get 2 max FAs.

what is the $ number, $70mil with trading Deng? $40 between Randle/IT/Brook, hope it's possible for plan B but this mean no 2019 max unless we split $40mil for Randle/IT or Randle/Brook big 1 yr contract
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Biggest improvement in randle is his fg% around the rim. He's finally using his strength to finish his shots!

Using that backboard way more too.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Interesting on how the narrative has shifted on Randle. But it's awesome to see it happening as a result of his play.

I mean, it's literally been a matter of weeks since it was "get rid of him" to "keep him".

I love the physical dimension he brings to our team. Without him, we don't have it, and not a lot of teams have that guy either. And, yes, I believe, and have, that he can fit in to an uptempo offense because he's fast for a guy that strong and can pass.

I don't know about all-star for him -- I think he is too limited in the way that he scores for that, but, if he adds a 3 ball then the sky is the limit.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

If we only add one max this team is fighting for championship it 1-2 years. If no max we are 2-3 years away from multiple rings
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I agree, that along with much more consistent focus while on the floor have been his biggest improvements.

It has been impressive and I was wrong when I said there wasn't a chance would be a Laker past the trade deadline. He may even get his big money from the Lakers now which I would have said was impossible before the season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

In college I thought he can be one of the best players in his draft, particularly with Embiid's injury issues. I think the leg injury really set him back and he has finally regained the physical dominance he had in high school (he looked like the best player in the country). I wasn't as high on him last year but he has shown his true potential once again.

He really has legit advantages on the court. He moves like a guard but has the physical dominance of guys like Barkley, Shaq. One thing that prevents him from being an absolute superstar is his hands, but he has found ways to work around that.

He seems no nonsense and can continue to improve. If he can develop a jumper mid-career like Webber, you are talking about an All-Star in his prime. You can't really let that go at this point.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Is Randle the 3rd best player from the 2014 draft?

Embiid and Jokic are pretty clearly the top 2, but after that... Wiggins can score in volume but does virtually nothing else and has plateau'd. Parker has serious injury concerns. Marcus Smart is a good defender, but a historically bad offensive player who doesn't seem to be getting any better. Aaron Gordon is putting up numbers, but they're empty calories on a team fighting for the worst record in the league. Payton is starting to come alive a bit on the Suns, but again, it doesn't translate into wins. The Lakers aren't a "good team" yet, but they're clearly a tier above the bottom feeders, and Randle is a huge reason for that.

I'd rank Capela and Gordon over Julius in that I think they have more value around the league. Julius would be able to destroy those 2 in a 1 on 1 matchup but he's a more awkward fit into a winning team, you sort of have to design your lineup around Julius' strengths and weaknesses.

But I would definitely rather pay Julius 12m a year than Wiggins the max.

I know what you're saying, but I think with the way he's playing, it's becoming clear he can easily be a piece on a championship team.

His ability to switch everything on D, bully on the block, push the pace (while in control), make the right pass, and challenge shots. He's causing other teams havoc when they have to match his energy and physicality. Julius' fit: the perfect center to close games or a great PF option if he's next to someone like AD, KP, Towns, etc. Obviously we don't have those guys, but for us, be that C.

I've heard Lakers focus is to try and bring him back because they're starting to see that as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki on Julius Randle: “[He is] playing well. Obviously we’re playing a small starting lineup. You have a size mismatch there, but we tried to get the ball out of his hands some, trap him some, but anytime he catches it he’s a beast.” #Lakers #Mavs
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
No matter what contract Randle gets, it will only cost his 12.4 cap hold next season for that season.

Do you mean for the length of his contract? If so, why are we worried about having to overpay to keep him if his cap hold is a fixed number?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
MJST wrote:
No matter what contract Randle gets, it will only cost his 12.4 cap hold next season for that season.

Do you mean for the length of his contract? If so, why are we worried about having to overpay to keep him if his cap hold is a fixed number?

no, for the first season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Julius feasts on soft frontlines and tanking teams. Still not convinced he can do this on a regular basis against good teams.

Given our schedule for the rest of season, I can see multiple triple doubles coming up.

The blind leading the blind
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
can we offer julius more money than dallas? if so, can we sign and trade him for a 2nd rounder from dallas and take no money back? im not sure how the Odom and Nash trades worked where there was no salary going back...

Why would we do that? It makes no sense.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
the Lakers reportedly couldn't get one first round pick for him at the deadline. So I don't know how realistic it is to expect them to give up two first round picks to keep him at an increased salary.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
All this does is him being harder and harder to retain when the Mavs offer him a near max this summer.

It’s not hard at all, it is very simple.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1340, 1341, 1342 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1341 of 1536
Jump to: