Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Yeah The Shield was great as well. Another show that I'd recommend is Orphan Black. You'll know halfway through the first episode if you're hooked or not. And it just gets better from there.

i might have finished a season or two. tatiana masalini (sp) is hot and played all those characters amazingly. i should have kept up :/

Season 1-4 were awesome. The last season just finished (season 5), it was the final season. I have been waiting for the season to end to binge watch it. Probably will start this week
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ani007 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Yeah The Shield was great as well. Another show that I'd recommend is Orphan Black. You'll know halfway through the first episode if you're hooked or not. And it just gets better from there.

i might have finished a season or two. tatiana masalini (sp) is hot and played all those characters amazingly. i should have kept up :/

Season 1-4 were awesome. The last season just finished (season 5), it was the final season. I have been waiting for the season to end to binge watch it. Probably will start this week

Binged 1&2, bought 3 and made it through 2 or 3 episodes before moving on to other things.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Finally got thru Mad Men and just saw the finale yesterday and again the final scene on telly just now and I'm gonna rewatch 1:1 now. They're re-starting it on Direct 500.

End scene was a clever way of wrapping up Don's character, I thought. My overarching take on the series is that Don (or Dick Whitman) was the only character that truly mattered and his inner demons, daliances, thoughts, mystery, and commentaries could only take up so much time. I said before in other threads that the show reminded me of The Sopranos in some subtle ways more than any other I've seen, but it suffers a lot of characters that don't really move the needle. There were a lot of scenes depicting pop culture and behaviors/attitudes of yore that were well-executed, though. One of my favorite scenes was the young Drapers in nice clothes sitting on a public green having a picnic with his Cadillac behind him, looking like a 60s magazine image of the nuclear family. Then they finish and fling all their trash from their blanket onto the grass and drive away.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I was totally late to the party, but just last year I discovered the ridiculously hilarious It's Always Sunny... I've watched it twice thru already. Not sure where it is on this list but, it's in my top 3 TV comedies all-time.

Need to finish The Wire (I think I left after Season 2- where the are dealing with the ports) and get into GoT. There's just so many damn shows now, it seems.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ani007 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ani007 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Peaky Blinders

http://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi174569753?playlistId=tt2442560&ref_=tt_ov_vi

just started and binging lol finishing season 2 tom hardy ftw

I'm going to give this show another crack. About when does it "grab" you?

just finished. its not coming back till next year like GOT :/

i didn't think i'd like it as much as i did my expectations were pretty low i had just finished the show Taboo with tom hardy and it was like super dark and i thought peaky would be the same.

season 3 was a let down in some ways. its not a perfect show, but i like the principle character played by Cillian Murphy. and aiden gillian and adrien brody nice guest stars.

its kinda formulaic in that each season has a villain a plot his family being crazy. i'm going to recommend Boardwalk Empire to my friend who recommended peaky to me. think its kinda in the same mold.

damn. i binged that too fast. need a new show. any suggestions?

If you want to get out of the 20's into modern day crime, Sons of Anarchy is great. It's no Boardwalk Empire by any means but I think it has like 7 seasons so plenty of episodes.

If PB has you wanting something out of England, Luther is so underrated. Idris Elba is perfect in this role.

Sons of Anarchy was entertaining. Kind of corny in spots but whatever.

Just wrapped up PB and you gusy were spot on. PB hands down beats Boardwalk imo. Characters were much more engaging and the writing was pristine. Cillian as Tommy Shelby is light years ahead of Steve Buscemi acting as Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I was totally late to the party, but just last year I discovered the ridiculously hilarious It's Always Sunny... I've watched it twice thru already. Not sure where it is on this list but, it's in my top 3 TV comedies all-time.

I was late to that party too and didn't start watching until 2011 after seeing Charlie Day in "Horrible Bosses". It's great they're still able to keep the show going while they're all doing their own projects.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Just wrapped up PB and you gusy were spot on. PB hands down beats Boardwalk imo.

I think they were just kidding when they advised you to binge watch Punky Brewster, johny. I do agree that Punky > Narcisse as a character, though.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Just wrapped up PB and you gusy were spot on. PB hands down beats Boardwalk imo.

I think they were just kidding when they advised you to binge watch Punky Brewster, johny. I do agree that Punky > Narcisse as a character, though.

Tell me Punky along with Alyssa Milano and Nicole Eggert weren't our elementary school crushes? Damn right Punky>.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

If you like "Sunny" I recommend checking out "The Detour" on TBS. It's now in it's third season and, like Sunny, isn't afraid to poke fun at sex, race, and religion. Surprising to find a show like that on TBS.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

If you like "Sunny" I recommend checking out "The Detour" on TBS. It's now in it's third season and, like Sunny, isn't afraid to poke fun at sex, race, and religion. Surprising to find a show like that on TBS.

Thanks... I'l add that to the list.
Too many damn shows out.
I also hear that Workaholics is like Sunny as well. I need to win the lottery, so I can just stay home and watch all these shows, dammit
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

risky pete and jessica jones are back
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Still no start date for PB...

Peaky Blinders season 5: Start date on BBC, trailer, cast and spoilers
Tommy Shelby could be back sooner than we thought
13:33, 29 APR 2019

Quote:
When is Peaky Blinders back on TV? When will it start on BBC?
The release date could be sooner than we thought! The BBC has confirmed season five of Peaky Blinders is definitely coming later this year.

The broadcasters announced that a new series would be returning to our screens in 2019 but they haven't released a specific date yet.

When is Peaky Blinders back on TV? Who’s in the cast, what’s the plot and will there be a movie?
Tommy Shelby is back, along with his ever-growing crime empire...

a VR game coming next year

Peaky Blinders VR Game Due in Spring 2020; Lifelike Interactions Promised Thanks to Cutting Edge AI Tech
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: